Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soccer League Opening Day

+5
PrairiePainter
fesspenter
MelindaT0813
Face Painting by Jessica
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Soccer League Opening Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Soccer League Opening Day

Post by silversky Wed May 15, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks Lisa you sure seemed to have covered everything . I hadn't really thought about how much needs to go back into the business to cover costs.
Will have to curb my spending on more supplies until I absolutely need something ( she says thinking of the brand new brushes she just bought earlier today)
Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
Louise
silversky
silversky

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Soccer League Opening Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Soccer League Opening Day

Post by fesspenter Wed May 15, 2013 11:07 am

My costs covered only include minimum wage for me and Jessica.
I do not want to give away part of my bottom line as part of the 20% that gets given away.
I used to count up the money, and give away 20% and take what was left over. Then, I began to pay attention to the difference between net and gross profits. By only allowing myself to be paid minimum wage, cover kit restocking, a new brush, more sponges, and skills upgrading classes, I feel that I am giving to charity, as well as taking care of my family, and, restocking the kit, to go out and do another job.

I learn something every time I paint, whether it is artistically, emotionally, physically, or monetarily. Nobody will take care of me better than I do. If I don't care about myself and my business, then neither will anyone else. I secretly wish people would just stop by my living room to be painted, and have a small, happy line up that just wants to pay $25 a face. It has not happened, yet. I had to change, and pay attention to the icky parts of the job that I never even knew existed. Applications, Vendor Fees, Signage, Cold Calls, Business Cards, yucko.
If I have to do something, I want to do it well. If I have to think about divvying up money and giving away to charity, I want to do it fairly. I need to be fair to myself and my peers, first, so I am able to go to the next event and give my all.
Now, brushes are an investment in yourself and your business. You do not need every color under the sun in order to create great face painting. It is fun to use all the colors, metallics, neons & glitters. I had my paints out to practice last fall, and I went to a birthday party WITHOUT ALL MY PALETTES! I had Wolfe Black, Wolfe White and Wolfe Red (my normal backups in my kit), a TAG Neon Carnival and a tiny Wolf (without the "e") palette of black, white, red, yellow, blue and green. I was just fine. I painted with very little struggle. I learned. I am now trying to have less paint. When i stock up, instead of buying every green out there, I focus on the darker colors. I can always lighten anything up, I cannot darken the color without losing too much color saturation. I am buying more of the basics, instead of lots of different colors.

Happy Painting!

Last edited by fesspenter on Wed May 15, 2013 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : s p a c i n g !)
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2