Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large, multi-weekend festivals

4 posters

Go down

Large, multi-weekend festivals Empty Large, multi-weekend festivals

Post by TheGildedCat Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Hola,

do any of you do large, multi-weekend festivals? If so, how do you manage them? I'm envisioning splitting it up among several local painters I work with and seeing how it goes, but I've never committed to any festival more than a long weekend before. Even the long-weekend ones I have worked by myself 8-12 hours a day (yes, I am a beast, lol). I'm just hesitant to give up all weekends for a month during some prime time and it would be nice to split the booth fee and earnings among others if they wanted in, too.
Thoughts?
Michelle Heffner? You still on this thing?
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Large, multi-weekend festivals Empty Re: Large, multi-weekend festivals

Post by rthling Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:29 pm

We have a couple fairs in the fall that cover the span of two weekends, but don't really have much in the way of large events around here.
I did try to get another face painter to go in with me for one of the fairs, but she really just didn't have the time.
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shearblisscreations Thu May 30, 2013 4:51 pm

So this is my first post <3 My company seems to be a little different that most of the painters on here....we prefer to do large scale events that are often State Fairs. This is my first year taking it to this extreme, but I am really excited to do so. Reading the posts I must admit that I often get worried because of the expense that it costs us to become vendors at these events. I honestly don't bat an eye when I am told that it will cost a couple thousand to be a vendor, BUT I do not work alone I have an amazing team that I have established that make events such as these possible. I often grow tired of the constant birthday party and really enjoy the long lines (and $$$$) that large fairs bring us. I am always up for suggestions and advice and hope that I can help with advice to others as well!!!

Amanda
Painting is <3
shearblisscreations
shearblisscreations

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Thu May 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Amanda - Do you travel throughout the US doing large festivals? Have you ever lost a large vendor fee due to weather?
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down