Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best paints and colour recommensations for Avatar face and body paint?!

4 posters

Go down

Best paints and colour recommensations for Avatar face and body paint?! Empty Best paints and colour recommensations for Avatar face and body paint?!

Post by twirlietracy Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I am soon to paint a family member for a fancy dress event, as an avatar and will be painting her face and some of her body. I have some blue in my kit but will need to repurchase some more. Does anyone have any recommendations of what shades and makes to use? (I don't own an airbrush kit btw!) so looking mainly at cakes, or possibly liquid.

Thanks so much!

twirlietracy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Best paints and colour recommensations for Avatar face and body paint?! Empty Re: Best paints and colour recommensations for Avatar face and body paint?!

Post by eva Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:32 pm

I like Snazaroo light blue for the base.
eva
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Best paints and colour recommensations for Avatar face and body paint?! Empty Re: Best paints and colour recommensations for Avatar face and body paint?!

Post by fesspenter Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Dear twirlietracy:
I have used TAG Pearl Sky Blue with TAG Pearl Blue. The Pearls look breathtaking in person, and do not photograph well. If you need to use the Pearls and it is going to be photographed, I would sponge on a base of regular blue first, and the Pearl over top. The Pearls were chosen by the client. She felt that the Pearls would look more "otherworldly". It took 2 1/2 cakes of the TAG 50g Sky Blue to cover her body.

The next Avatar I did, I put down a base of Green Marble SelR, sponged on MAC Sky Blue (MAC is made by Kryolan). I used almost one 98g pan of the Sky Blue. I used MAC Ultramarine for the stripes. I used Wolfe White for the dots, and added Kryolan UV Clear over the white, for the black lights that were going to be in the place where my client was working. I sealed with the Green Marble SelR. The sealant blurred some of my linework. It wasn't noticable to my client.

Where are you from, twirlietracy? In both cases, the client bought their own Navi ears for me to glue on with Pros-Aide. I had to paint the ears as they were skin colored.

Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:40 pm

I've done Avatar several times and I like to start with Snaz "Sparkle Blue", then add darker blue and white and a little sparkly purple
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down