Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just love this set of brushes! Does any have try this before?

+15
facesbybelle
mamilala2004
Katurah
aridan
Valerie A
JennyNixe
maggie
Erica's Funny Faces
kingsmeadmama
eva
Tamara Paints People
Kammy
Gr8ful
mamakatrien
funfacesbybrenda
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I just love this set of brushes! Does any have try this before? Empty I just love this set of brushes! Does any have try this before?

Post by funfacesbybrenda Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:32 pm

So I went to someone's house to help cupcakes in boxes and she had this set of brushes she's a baker so I looked at the brush and the brand name is Wilton so she told me those are specially to decorate and I can get them at Michaels craft store so today I bought a 7 brush set they at the bakery section so they cost $8.99 but I used a 50% coupon so pay half of price ! So I try them and they are so nice Smile handle comes in different colors I got purple Smile love them so far,if u have a chance to buy this set try them Very Happy
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

I just love this set of brushes! Does any have try this before? Empty Re: I just love this set of brushes! Does any have try this before?

Post by mamakatrien Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:25 pm

I googled it and found their site, they have an amazing trolley too - wish there was one like it for facepainters!
mamakatrien
mamakatrien

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down

I just love this set of brushes! Does any have try this before? Empty Re: I just love this set of brushes! Does any have try this before?

Post by funfacesbybrenda Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:17 pm

mamakatrien wrote:I googled it and found their site, they have an amazing trolley too - wish there was one like it for facepainters!
haven't check the website Smile just found the brushes at Michaels but I'm gonna take a look Very Happy
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:41 pm

I have eyed up those brushes and the trolley as well but I have enough brushes for now and have a FatMax for festivals etc and a laptop bag for birthday parties so I don't drag snowy or mucky wheels through their homes. Very Happy
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Okay... I have to say that the Wilton brush set is AWESOME!

I picked up a set when I was buying some decorating/candy supplies last week and for $8.95 for a set of seven thought... oh what the hell. (I didn't have a coupon.)

I used them yesterday on a corporate multi-painter gig and again today at a birthday party.

LOVE THEM. Way cheaper than artists' brushes. They hold their point, rinse out really easily and do far are holding up to the alcohol. I've only used three of the rounds so far...

Thanks so much for the tip! I got purple as that was the only colour handles they had here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks Shannon! Very Happy
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Kammy Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:19 am

You've all got me intrigued, now! Is it the set with 5 rounds and 2 flats? If any of you have Loew Cornell 7000C brushes...how well do these compare?

Seriously considering ordering a set of those. What a great price, even over here in the uber-expensive UK!
Kammy
Kammy

Number of posts : 1408
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamara Paints People Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:49 am

Gah! Wish I'd seen this post earlier. I was just at Michael's a couple days ago on a brush hunt...which I gave up on because it was insane with all the holiday-crazed-zombie-people running around...half the brushes were on the floor Sad

Damn zombie apocalypse (aka Christmas).

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely look for these when I go again.
Tamara Paints People
Tamara Paints People

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-10-06

http://www.tamarapaintspeople.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:45 pm

....must not buy more brushes..... Must not buy more brushes.... Must not buy more brushes.... Arghhhh!!
eva
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:17 pm

eva wrote:....must not buy more brushes..... Must not buy more brushes.... Must not buy more brushes.... Arghhhh!!

ROFL! I'm in the same boat but your comment sure cracked me up. Thanks Eva!
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:51 pm

You know I will totally buy these brushes Wink
eva
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsmeadmama Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Well, you guys have certainly piqued my interest. I'm going to have to give them a try !
kingsmeadmama
kingsmeadmama

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Is this the set? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilton-Deluxe-Brush-Set-7pc-/180913077086?pt=Birthday_Favors&hash=item2a1f427b5e
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Number of posts : 1306
Registration date : 2012-08-20

http://www.thefunnyfacepainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Well, I now will have to buy these brushes to keep the rest of my 60 brushes company lol What's a few more stripes for a tiger right? Smile
maggie
maggie

Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2010-11-27

http://www.maggieplummerfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:21 am

Hi I'm glad u guys give it a try to this awesome brushes Smile!! And if u have a iPhone u can always download Micheals app and get a coupon 40%!! cheers
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:22 am

Shannon Fennell wrote:Okay... I have to say that the Wilton brush set is AWESOME!

I picked up a set when I was buying some decorating/candy supplies last week and for $8.95 for a set of seven thought... oh what the hell. (I didn't have a coupon.)

I used them yesterday on a corporate multi-painter gig and again today at a birthday party.

LOVE THEM. Way cheaper than artists' brushes. They hold their point, rinse out really easily and do far are holding up to the alcohol. I've only used three of the rounds so far...

Thanks so much for the tip! I got purple as that was the only colour handles they had here.
Happy u like them!
Very Happy
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyNixe Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:09 am

Brenda, I want to add my thanks, too. I got a set of these brushes from Amazon and they are great!
JennyNixe
JennyNixe

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:59 am

Well, went and got the brushes, I tried the little angled shaped one and it was too soft, Could not getbadecent teardrop or sharp edge with it Sad
I am going to try the round ones today.
maggie
maggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerie A Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Eva, I just went to Amazon to check them out (I live 20 miles from Michaels, so I thought I'd check the reviews)....saw a 'customer picture' of the 2 jagged edge brushes, and thought "oh my, that doesn't look good...that sure was nice of the customer to go to the trouble to add that picture." Laughing Then I went to the reviews and of course my eye was caught by "face painter!" Wink
YOU are the kind of 'consumer' I appreciate!!
Valerie A
Valerie A

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2012-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by aridan Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:34 pm

I've used these brushes for cake decorating. Only thing I'd like to add is that the wood handles (assuming that's still what they have) are very susceptible to water damage, so just keep that in mind.
aridan
aridan

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:36 pm

I just bought a set and I love them! The handles are either plastic or acrylic now though.... Very Happy
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Mine have wood handles, they are purple.
maggie
maggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Were the rounds any better Maggie?
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica's Funny Faces Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Maybe we have different brushes? Mine are teal colored plastic handles and I love them!!! Very Happy
Erica's Funny Faces
Erica's Funny Faces

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 pm

They were okay but won't buy again. lol I think they are too soft, they don't have enough bounce when you paint. Maybe mine are different.

Just checked the handles, they are acrylic.

Last edited by maggie on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
maggie
maggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next