Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Seuss Theme Party for 1 year old

3 posters

Go down

Dr Seuss Theme Party for 1 year old Empty Dr Seuss Theme Party for 1 year old

Post by drawattention Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:50 am

hello everyone!
I am fairly new and I need help I am painting a Dr. Seuss theme this weekend and I need some ideas for placement layout of the designs. I am painting 1-4 year olds so they need to be fast.
do you think the face or arms are best? I seen the pics of the hat and thing 1 which i really like and will use. Where is the best place to put them on these little guys? I really haven't painted that young of a crowd, I've mostly painted 5 and up.
drawattention
drawattention

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-04-30

Back to top Go down

Dr Seuss Theme Party for 1 year old Empty Re: Dr Seuss Theme Party for 1 year old

Post by Perry Noia Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:49 pm

it's going to be a nightmare to paint cheek art characters that detailed on children that young... their faces are too small and they are too wiggly. They will probably want the regular face designs, you could work out a simple Cat in the Hat style cat face that is closer to full face and maybe a Who style full face design. It might seem like little designs would be better on little kids but it is just too hard to get those little details on them.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Dr Seuss Theme Party for 1 year old Empty Re: Dr Seuss Theme Party for 1 year old

Post by Affordable Face Magic Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:33 pm

You can paint on their arm...THING, Cat in the Hat (as Perry said), BUT.....
I've done several 1 & 2 yr old 's parties & Guess What? There are always older siblings that don't care what the theme is, so have your usual ideas ready! For little ones, For little ones, try this: a quick rainbow swipe on the arm, quickly add an Elmo or Cookie Monster Face. While that dries, you could grab a round w/white & add stars & dots...now do the characters eyes. Next a round w/black for the mouth & a dot in each eye. All done unless you want some glitter. If you load up the brushes 1st, this can be done in less than 1.5 minutes
Affordable Face Magic
Affordable Face Magic

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2011-09-28

http://www.affordablefacemagic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by drawattention Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:02 am

thanx so much for the helpful tips... it was a success! you were right Perry it was difficult painting the little ones, but the thing one circle using a round dabber was a huge success. Elmo was a huge hit too Pat.
Thanx for your help ladies.

Smile

drawattention
drawattention

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down