Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To paint or not to paint when it rains that is my question

5 posters

Go down

To paint or not to paint when it rains that is my question Empty To paint or not to paint when it rains that is my question

Post by sweetdesigninc Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Not sure if y'all are aware or not but we in Florida just got over a MAJOR tropical storm that dumped an ocean of water on us. Two Sundays ago I was at our booth when the rain hit and hit hard. Of course in my setting business just started to die off fast but I am wondering do y'all call it a day when it rains or do you continue to paint?
I would have felt bad had someone wanted to be painted but then went out in the rain and had it ruined (we are in a covered building). What do you do?
sweetdesigninc
sweetdesigninc

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Back to top Go down

To paint or not to paint when it rains that is my question Empty Re: To paint or not to paint when it rains that is my question

Post by fesspenter Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:31 pm

I do not paint outside in the rain, even under a canopy.
If I were in a building, I would paint.
No matter what I say...
follow YOUR gut instinct.
xoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

To paint or not to paint when it rains that is my question Empty Re: To paint or not to paint when it rains that is my question

Post by sweetdesigninc Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:39 pm

We are in a building of sorts the sides are open LOL just overhead covering really well we have a tarp on our backside. I didn't have anyone wanting to be painted but I wasn't sure what I would have said had they wanted to (gut was telling me NO WAY). I would have done temp. tattoos or glitter tattoos but I probably would have declined painting. Not sure how much more rain we are going to get this hurricane season but want to be prepared. Right now it is the HEAT I will be battling but hey it is Florida and if I don't paint in the heat I won't paint at all LOL. I will invest in starblends as I can but for now it is my DFX, Tags, and Wolfs.
sweetdesigninc
sweetdesigninc

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:44 pm

I will be dealing with the heat in the Keys in October for Fantasy Fest. I am relying upon the wisdom I have gleaned from this column regarding heat, and StarBlends. I have Ben Nye setting spray. I would not use setting spray for children.
Happy Painting!
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:51 pm

I usually suggest to paint their arms when it's raining and it's an outdoors event... if they come to my booth, i assume they want to get painted... it's the parents' job to contemplate how far they will be walking in the rain....

I must say that i rarely accept pay per face jobs, so in general i just do the hours i get paid for, no matter what the weather conditions are.
Tineke
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Take glitter tattoos with you...you can always switch if needed!!
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:56 pm

I ask, "are you sure? do you have an umbrella?" And in this heat, I do suggest arms instead of faces... but if they insist, it's their money and I'm not going to say no. With the humidex, it was 47C here yesterday and I was at the farmers' market in the morning and a party in the afternoon. There was a kid at the market that would not be swayed... he wanted the full face skull, grandma said ok and paid for it... all I could say to him was, "no more sweating allowed now!" At the party, a lot of them were pretty smeared pretty fast, but oh well (at least I was painting INSIDE for that one)
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdesigninc Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:15 am

The heat was crazy here yesterday. We are in a covered building with our backside open but the heat is nutso right now. I did ok not great for 100 degree weather. I did some arm painting and faces. I did tons of butterflies Saturday and tons of Scorpions Saturday Sunday was slow though and I didn't do a whole lot. I know once the heat breaks here (well when it gets not quite so hot we only have three seasons here in Florida hot and I am gonna die HOT LOL and for us freaking cold that northerners would think is a heat wave) it will get better. I am just trying to survive the summer with this as my only income. Going to contact a few business and see if I can't find a week night or night gig.
sweetdesigninc
sweetdesigninc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down