Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The funny things kids say when looking in the mirror

+14
MoMoMac
Gretchen
mamakatrien
TinafromNY
eviedejesus
Misha
anniel
Tineke
photomomma6
scgilland
JJJJJ
PaintedFaces
Bee Happy Design
Faces by Ainslie
18 posters

Go down

The funny things kids say when looking in the mirror Empty The funny things kids say when looking in the mirror

Post by Faces by Ainslie Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:26 am

I had a little girl in my chair today about 4 or 5 years old, very quiet while I was painting her. When I showed her her finished face, she looked it over and says "Hmmm yes, I like that. *Pause turning head from side to side*. Yes, yes I think that is good. You have done a good job" all while nodding her head. It was so funny and cute, she was like a mini adult. Mum just rolled her eyes and laughed Rolling Eyes

Have you guys had anything quite funny/peculiar?
Faces by Ainslie
Faces by Ainslie

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-07-06

http://www.FacesByAinslie.com.au

Back to top Go down

The funny things kids say when looking in the mirror Empty Re: The funny things kids say when looking in the mirror

Post by Bee Happy Design Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:25 am

I had the one little girl who sat down and then decided she didn't like me (huh??) and wouldn't do it. She wanted my co-worker instead. I must have looked overly tired and haggard that day....
Bee Happy Design
Bee Happy Design

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-15

http://www.beehappyfaces.com

Back to top Go down

The funny things kids say when looking in the mirror Empty Re: The funny things kids say when looking in the mirror

Post by PaintedFaces Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:30 am

I did an 'end of term' paint at my kids little country school on Friday. Once I got started, half the school suddenly joined the line, so I was fair speeding along, rainbow cakes ahoy, simple designs and very minimal detailing....

Then one of the senior boys (a really well mannered lad about 11yo) got in the chair and asked for "something yucky and scary" I started with a zombie but it wasn't going well, so I turned one half into a skull with fake blood down the middle of the 'split' and the lot. It wasn't my best, tbh, took me about 3min all up.

He looked in the mirror and went "Holy S***!". I had to laugh. He kept coming back and saying thank you for the rest of the afternoon, so I guess it was fine after all. Smile
PaintedFaces
PaintedFaces

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2012-06-29

http://www.paintedfaces.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Kids say lots of funny things. I remember the contrast one festival between the very shy kid who say in my chair and did the head dropping all the way toward the lap thing, while I followed along with the brush. Surprised)

Then, later, a zippy little six-year-old boy plunked himself down and without a pause, launched right into the three-minute relationship with me.

"I'm Billy, and I'm really interested in scientific things, and I love robots and machines, and I read a lot about outer space, and when I grow up, I am definitely going to be either an astrophysicist or ... (drumroll) ... a cashier at Target."

I almost roared with laughter, but I got out a very serious, "That's great!"

I think he'll do well wherever he works. I hear the medical benefits at Target are better than those of most face painters ...

Surprised)

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by scgilland Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:56 pm

OH my JJ, I am laughing so hard!
scgilland
scgilland

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2011-06-27

http://www.princess-pirate-lucinda.com

Back to top Go down

Post by photomomma6 Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:58 pm

That's hilarious!! Target, that's ambitious.
When my company had a Christmas party, I painted the kids that wanted it, but my bosses son, who is the cutest little scientist looking kid came up and looked through everthing I had sitting out. I asked if he wanted a face paint, and after a few minutes of checking everything out he said, "No thanks. I think I'll pass." He was so cute.
photomomma6
photomomma6

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-08-31

http://www.facelation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tineke Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:48 pm

My daughter probably is the worst customer a facepainter can have, she keeps giving them remarks on what they're doing wrong... poor girls,
she usually starts by saying 'my mom is a professional facepainter'
*paint brush starts to tremble*
'She even won a facepainting contest'
*drops of sweat appear on forehead of facepainter*
'You should use your pinkie as support so your brush won't tremble that much...'

In the end they just start to panic, and hurry up so the devilchild will get off their chair :-)
Tineke
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:45 am

Ha, Tineke... I have one grand-daughter who just disdainfully passes the local face-paint booths, with--"ONLY my Grandma paints me"...

anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 pm

LOL guys! I was on the other end of that the other day! Third kid of a family sat down and started talking about them getting painted all the time, I ask where they get painted, Oh-at home, my Dad's a clown. Oy!
Misha
Misha

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by photomomma6 Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Metina, I think we need a "LIKE" button on this forum....I would've liked about all of these posts! LIKE to all of them!
Very Happy
photomomma6
photomomma6

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-08-31

http://www.facelation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:15 pm

Too funny Tineke! I am going to bring my daughter to the Chick-fil-a closest to me because I saw on their board that they will have a face-painter on the 28th. First thing I said was do NOT tell her that I face-paint. I haven’t started my business yet (will real soon) and I want to check her out....see what she uses, etc.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:57 pm

Reading all these was FUN!, gave me a few good laughs!
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mamakatrien Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:56 am

Last time I had two cute little brothers come up with their mom. I guess the older one was 6 and the little one must have been 2 or 2,5. The six yearold asked to be a lion and mum and the little one watched in awe how he transformed.
The boy was very happy, but then, his little brother made it very clear that he wanted to be a lion too. I tild his mum that he might be a little small to get painted, but she gave in "because his name was leo, and it would be such a great picture ofthe two of them together". So I agreed to giv it a try to turn him into a simple lion cub. I put him on top of the table and handed the toddler the mirror so that he could see what happened. He loved it, and kept smiling as the colors went on. Then i asked him to sit really still and close his eyes to do my black detailing, nose and whiskers.
he opened his eyes, looked in the mirror....and scared himself stiff!! He pushed the mirror away from sight, put held onto it very tightly. Then slowly took another peek, and ran off to his dad. Jus minutes later he was crawling through the sand in the playground, roaring at the other kids.

He was soooo funny!
mamakatrien
mamakatrien

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Oh man, these are all so funny!!! I have one funny quote from the county fair last week, although it was BEFORE being painted. She sat in my chair and looked at me all worried and asked, "are you going to stick needles all over my face?!" OH my goodness!! No, this is not face tattoos!!! Ha ha
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Lol. sounds more like acupuncture
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Happy Design Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:01 pm

you should say "No, but it IS permanent ..." Laughing
Bee Happy Design
Bee Happy Design

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-15

http://www.beehappyfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MoMoMac Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:19 pm

I DO say that to kids all the time, usually buys me a few seconds of stillness before they figure it out and start laughing!

MoMoMac

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by HillbillyDiva1 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:58 am

When we did the big city wide school event in Springfield 15 schools about 600 kids 3 painters. Someone had took off with the word list but some of the older kids and parents had already noticed my Daughter and I could go off the list if they asked. This was in May and this older boy thought he would trip me up "Bet you can't paint a zombie". Which I replied what kind of zombie would you like to be. Since he didn't have an answer for me by the time it was his turn and the line was long I did the easiest one and just before I was done I grabbed a toothbrush out of the fatmax got my red real soupy and flicked blood splatter all over his face. All the kids in line oh-ed and ah-ed when I did it and when he looked in the mirror all he could say was wow.
HillbillyDiva1
HillbillyDiva1

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2011-09-04

http://www.gandgfaceandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by girlbyjuly Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:02 am

My favorite is when a kid is really chatty and just decides they're your new best friend. I used to think I was bad with kids, but was confused why all kids seemed to like me, and my sister pointed out, "It's because you talk to them like they're adults!" I realized it's true! I talk to everyone the same way, no matter their age. So kids will kinda just hang out with me at a party and chat with me. They tell me their teacher's name, how many pets they have. Last party I was at, one little girl asked if I wanted to come jump in the bounce house after I was done painting. I tried so hard not to laugh and said "That is SO sweet of you, but I have to go to another party after this!" It was the cutest. Razz
girlbyjuly
girlbyjuly

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-11-08

http://www.facepaintingorangecounty.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:54 pm

At a festival today, I had this exchange with a little 3-year-old girl. Often, when I'm chatting with a kid, I'll make them laugh, or, get them confused and make the parents laugh, by saying to a tiny little child, "And how old are YOU? 50?"

Today, I got the best comeback ever. I towered over this little girl in a real jokey funny way and said, "And how old are YOU? 42?"

And she said, without a pause, "43."

I knew I was going to enjoy painting her. And I did.

Turns out it was her first painting, too. Which I love to do. And I think I'll be booked for her birthday this January. When, of course, she turns ... 44.
Very Happy

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat's FacesForFun Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:33 pm

Ha. Cute
Kat's FacesForFun
Kat's FacesForFun

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2011-09-12

http://www.facepaintingkat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ginganinja Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:37 pm

I had a little girl named Autum yesterday. I asked her if she was born in the fall- " no, my Mommy's belly"

Another kid couldn't decide between Mario and a pirate. He settled for Mario with an eyepatch

ginganinja

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down