Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! I dont know what brushes to get!

+5
Astrid
debranewmanart
MeeMee
Kris5115
Boe
9 posters

Go down

Help! I dont know what brushes to get! Empty Help! I dont know what brushes to get!

Post by Boe Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi im new to this whole face painting thing and im a stay at home mom which means i dont have a lot of money to be ordering online (shipping cost) so i get my brushes at Michaels. I wanted to know what kind of brushes shoul i get? He ones for regular oil painting or the ones for glass paintin n stuff? Does it even make a difference? Are all brushes the same?

Boe

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Help! I dont know what brushes to get! Empty Re: Help! I dont know what brushes to get!

Post by Kris5115 Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:23 pm

You can search the forum to find other threads about brushes. Try using google and typing: site:facepaintforum.com brushes

I get most of my brushes at Michaels too and I like to feel the bristles to see how stiff they are. If the bristles are to pliable, I have a harder time making my teardrops cooperate. I also prefer a plastic handle to wood (or the paint on the wood flakes off for me). And I've noticed that dark bristles don't show stains while light ones do.

I do most of my line work with Loew Cornell number 3 and number 4 brushes.

Hope you find what works best for you.
Kris5115
Kris5115

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Help! I dont know what brushes to get! Empty Re: Help! I dont know what brushes to get!

Post by MeeMee Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:59 pm

I like golden taklon brush for face painting. As far as brand names, that will be a try-and-see if you like it kind of thing.
MeeMee
MeeMee

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.specialtimesentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by debranewmanart Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:50 pm

I like Grumbacher at Michael's. They apply the paint well and the handles don't fall apart like some others do. A Grumbacher will last at least 3 times longer than many of the others, so you save money in the long run.

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrid Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:42 pm

you can get Simply Simmons at Michaels and use a coupon, number four round is the most used, I find
Astrid
Astrid

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-12-03

http://www.easyjourneyart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Boe Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Awesome thank you all for ur help! Ill try some of these brands n let u guys know if the worked for me Smile

Boe

Back to top Go down

Post by squiggle Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Metina has begun selling my favorite brushes of any I have tried...Loew Cornell Gold Grip #4 and #3

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=5
squiggle
squiggle

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2009-11-11

http://www.awesome-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:00 pm

I use Simply Simmons quite often... they're available at Walmart and Michael's.

My favourite brush came with a Metallix palette from Wolfe. It's my dedicated white linework brush... I looove it! It doesn't have any labelling on the handle so I've had trouble tracking more down... they look different from the ones available to buy on the Wolfe site. Sad
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:41 pm

I use the Loew-Cornell 7000 series from Michael's
Misha
Misha

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:58 am

I've tried out way too many and wasted a lot of money over the past 3 yrs. I go for my Mark Reids(online) most of the time. The Sapphires are great and the 7000 seems to be pretty good so far. Brushes are like buying a golf club, each club has it's use and makes the golfer a better golfer. You get what you pay for Wink

CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Boe Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:45 pm

So i got a brush today!!! Yey n im im love! I love you Its loew cornell 7000 i just love it the teardrops come out sooo pretty i cant wait to use it with my new paint im getting thursday! (wolfe brothers Very Happy) its a #6 i wanted a four but hats all they had and the best part is that it was 40% OFF!!!! Very Happy

Boe

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:04 pm

I started out using #6 and loved them. Now I've moved down to a #4, but some designs still look better with the #6.
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down