Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peanut Butter!!! You have to try it!!

+6
vegas mom
Coral3
Tilly - Formerly Punky
elantaura
Dex
Deleena Cannon
10 posters

Go down

Peanut Butter!!! You have to try it!! Empty Peanut Butter!!! You have to try it!!

Post by Deleena Cannon Wed May 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Okay people, you wanna clean your manican's face?! I have the trick that works with very little elbow grease!! PEANUT BUTTER! Not even kidding. Wash the manican face with soap and water. Rinse the cloth and then put a dab of PB (i use smooth PB) on the cloth...using your finger in a circular motion the colour just seems to vanish!! Completely vanish? Almost!! You have to try it! Does everyone know about this and I am just getting caught up?!

Oh and of course....big sorry to those that are allergic to PB.
Deleena Cannon
Deleena Cannon

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-07-25

Back to top Go down

Peanut Butter!!! You have to try it!! Empty Re: Peanut Butter!!! You have to try it!!

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Olive oil, veg oil... same thing. It is the oil in the PB lifting the colour.

Back to top Go down

Peanut Butter!!! You have to try it!! Empty Re: Peanut Butter!!! You have to try it!!

Post by Deleena Cannon Wed May 16, 2012 9:42 pm

I have tried the oils and although they are good...the peanut butter is better. Substantially better. At least I found it was. Just try and let me know what you think. I think it because even with a smooth PB it has a little bit of an abrasive from the Peanuts.
Deleena Cannon
Deleena Cannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dex Wed May 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks for the tips girls, my practice face is looking a little worse for ware! Wink

Dex

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Wed May 16, 2012 10:42 pm

you know I would be a little concerned of cross contamination i.e. 1 in 10 kids have a food allergy and I think peanuts would be up there as one of the big ones.
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deleena Cannon Wed May 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Good point elantaura!
Although, I'm not too concerned about cross contamination. We have very strict Health regulations here in Alberta and all of my products are cleaned with 70% isopropyl alcohol. Something to think about though.
Deleena Cannon
Deleena Cannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Wed May 16, 2012 11:22 pm

Okay, burning question... how did you figure this out? Was it just a passing moment of whimsy to put peanut butter on the practice head, or...?
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 Wed May 16, 2012 11:37 pm

Deleena Cannon wrote:Good point elantaura!
Although, I'm not too concerned about cross contamination. We have very strict Health regulations here in Alberta and all of my products are cleaned with 70% isopropyl alcohol. Something to think about though.

Okay so if your brushes are cleaned with alcohol, that would kill bacteria, yes, but that doesn't mean it will wash out some teeny-tiny little particle of PB that might have been picked up off your practice head??? Just thinking out loud here...
Coral3
Coral3

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 11:45 pm

I know people with allergies so severe you cannot use dishes that have EVER been in contact with peanuts.

Which means they never come to our house as I cook with peanut oil.

Back to top Go down

Post by vegas mom Wed May 16, 2012 11:52 pm

It's amazing how dangerous peanuts can be. I know of cases where being in an airplane that servED peanuts, because of the residual smell can brings those allergic into severe respitory arrest. Wouldn't even try. The practice heads are porous and absorb the oils. I even hate using acetate on mine... I make sure it's thoroughly washed and dries before painting again.
vegas mom
vegas mom

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2011-11-06

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Wand-Face-Painting-and-Glit

Back to top Go down

Post by Deleena Cannon Thu May 17, 2012 12:19 am

Good points. I think I will try adding a little sugar to oil to get that same abrasive feeling to it.
I used peanut butter because I know it's great for getting gum out of hair and sticky tape residue off of windows etc. Thought I would give a it a try. I bet I can come up with something that doesn't involve peanuts but has the same consistency and oils in it. Stay tuned!! lol
Deleena Cannon
Deleena Cannon

Back to top Go down

Post by vegas mom Thu May 17, 2012 9:50 am

I havent tried this but we used it for cleaning our hands and making them real soft on the airplanes...also cleaning jewelry(rings) lemon juice and sugar.
vegas mom
vegas mom

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2011-11-06

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Wand-Face-Painting-and-Glit

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuli* Thu May 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Oh Wow! I need to try this with my hands! They look like mechanic hands:( specially for long events my hands look so nasty at the end & I'm embarrassed to even go out with my friends after a gig bc of my nasty mechanic looking hands! Lol- Razz
Tuli*
Tuli*

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2011-05-24

http://www.dazzlingfaces.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Fri May 18, 2012 7:14 am

I'd stay away from any peanut products. I don't even eat nut products when face painting at festivals for fear of cross contamination. We have a child in our kid's church that the slightest residue of peanut will cause a dangerous reaction.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Fri May 18, 2012 7:56 am

I agree about avoiding peanuts. I've worked with kids in a school setting for years, and the peanut allergy is a serious one. I purposely don't bring any nuts or bars with nuts in them when I do face painting. I go as far as to not directly handle any food while face painting (if I even get one spare minute to attempt it Surprised). Instead, I hold the wrapper around the cheese stick, etc. On any long line at a festival, there is bound to be a child or two (or three!) with some sort of food allergy. And the reaction some people have to peanuts is very serious.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JZino Fri May 18, 2012 11:56 am

Do you think oil will help get the stains off of practice pads too? Mine looks terrible!
JZino
JZino

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-09-20

http://www.jzino-bodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down