Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new forum webpage

+39
AUSSIE3070
MasterpieceFacePainting
Miss Ronnie
helena
rthling
faceandbodyfx
Gamezgirl
SamFantastico
Creations
Daizy
Manja
Jilly
JBM
Smiletime
Rae
Jody Rife
Tuli*
anniel
HillbillyDiva1
a face painting mom
Tilly - Formerly Punky
katerra77
JJJJJ
CottonKandyClown
alezmata
tamarielpaints
Coral3
Perry Noia
Metina
cattsy
friend_soscho
1HappyNut
ChangingFaceDesigns
Psalmbook
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
SuzySparkles
Anamootoo
Ansiktsmålning
barbb919
43 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The new forum webpage  - Page 3 Empty Re: The new forum webpage

Post by JJJJJ Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:22 pm

It would be great if there were less purple background, and more space devoted to the text page itself.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Creations Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:38 am

Oh, I was having lot of trouble.. hard on the eyes, but now that I have scrolled in its much better. cheers
Creations
Creations

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://creationsfaba.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:53 pm

The different forums and threads I'm finding to be a little bit more confusing to navigate as well... so many different colors and icons. I too find it dificult to read due to the size... I know how to make it zoom, but I also agree that's a little laborious as well, I have to do it EVERY time I go to ta different thread... it's frustrating.
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SamFantastico Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:14 pm

I like the colors going on but I'm not a fan of the size of the thread. /:
SamFantastico
SamFantastico

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-01-30

https://Www.facebook.com/BroadwayBodyArt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamezgirl Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:53 am

I love and respect Metina for all the hard work...but I don't spend much time here anymore at all because of the new format...just not a comfortable format to read and navigate...and although I can zoom in and out if needed...that is an extra step and time I choose not to spend.

I will keep checking back occasionally to see if it changes...but will not be taking part as it is. Smile Sorry...I know, I'm fickle like that...but time is money and is a precious commodity...and I feel stressed trying to navigate the new layout.

Thank you for the hard work Metina!! I don't want you to think I don't appreciate it...I really do...and I know there are always growing pains with any venture...I'll check back and see how things go! Smile
Gamezgirl
Gamezgirl

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by faceandbodyfx Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:21 am

I too find it difficult to navigate with all the different color envelopes not sure whats what. and the posts are much smaller I prefer the larger text.

Sorry Metina I am sure you will get it all figued out.

faceandbodyfx
faceandbodyfx

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-02-25

http://www.faceandbodyfx.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:25 am

My main problem is that I am no longer a genius!

LOLOLOL!!
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by helena Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:58 pm

I preferred the 'old' look and feel - easier to use...but maybe that's just because I'm an 'older model' myself Smile
helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:41 pm

I respect you as well, Metina... but I don't see me warming up to this format. It comes across as very bold and very cold all at the same time... no enjoyable to read at all anymore.... in fact, I sign off very quickly.
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by cattsy Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:17 pm

I think that it is very unfortunate how many people are willing to stop coming here because of this... I understand that change is hard, especially when it's unwelcome change, but really...

Metina did not mean to change the look of the forum... Where ever the forum is hosted had a cyber related DERP and everything was gone... We should count ourselves lucky that all of our posts, images, accounts and data is still here and the skin is all that was lost (I've had that happen on other forums where we lost everything)

If you use Chrome vs other browsers it'll remember your zoom for this particular page. I have this one zoomed in and all my other pages are normal. If you're finding it's showing funky, make sure you clear your browsers cache, cookies and history.

I LOVE the background, I think it's very fresh. The layout itself is a little chunky, especially scrolled in, but once you get used to what you are looking at it's not that bad at all.

In the end though, people being what they are, I know we will probably lose some people over this, which is unfortunate. I've searched and searched and there isn't any other face paint forum that even comes close to the amazing community that has been built here. But, you can't please everyone.

Metina if you read this, try not to worry too much, like I said you can't please everyone.

For anyone that is still having a hard time with the layout, well, sucks to be you. We can't go back to what it was, and this is the best that Metina can do, so either deal with it, or be quiet. Constantly complaining isn't going to make it any better. With forums like this unless you're a programming whiz you're really limited in the options that you can do with them.

Of course if you think you're technically inclined enough and can do a better job, well I'm sure Metina would love to hear from you.

cattsy
cattsy

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamezgirl Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Sucks to be us..yes... SMH.

As a professional, I would like to know if people didn't like a change that was made. Did I ever slam Metina? Has anyone else, I didn't see that anywhere? I think that we are sharing our opinions...and if I were a business who made a change (or even was forced to make a change) that was going to lose traffic to my door, I would also want to know. So yeah...sucks to be us...honest people sharing an honest opinion.
Gamezgirl
Gamezgirl

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterpieceFacePainting Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Woah! I've been gone for a while... I wasn't expecting this on my return!

It's nice... But I'm never a big one for change (though I am going on a major spring clean and redecoration thing)

The only thing I'm struggling with is how thin the treads are... I don't like that much at all...

Does anyone know what actually happened? Was it just time for a change?
MasterpieceFacePainting
MasterpieceFacePainting

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2011-11-11

http://www.masterpiecefacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterpieceFacePainting Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:40 pm

That and, what happened to the icon's below the profile pictures? I was a master and that made me happy! ^_^
MasterpieceFacePainting
MasterpieceFacePainting

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2011-11-11

http://www.masterpiecefacepainting.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:32 pm

With everything going on.......... The new forum store, uploading all of those pictures, creating categories, shipping packages, her mom passing, her leaving for Florida for a week, Her now leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow and all of the little things in-between... Being a mom, making dinner this is just how it is going to have to be for a little while. I have seen the choices that she has for this forum and they are piss poor. Either the backgrounds have some weird anime characters or they are for video games... OR they are beautiful but they have HUGE weird buttons that you can't even navigate through. This will be fixed but not for a little while. I am sure with everything she has to do and has done... seeing people complain about a FREE forum (to them) that they participate in is a little annoying.

She knows it is small in the middle. It will be fixed.

This is NOT directed towards anyone. Just letting you guys know that it IS being fixed at some point and just hang in there.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by cattsy Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:05 pm

^^ what she said... Is what I meant... In a much more diplomatic fashion :p

Metina is busy, we don't' pay to use this, she's doing the best she can... I know that no one has attacked Metina directly but there's a lot of "I won't come here anymore" and other such whining...

Suzy do you know what the forum is run on in the backend? I might be able to dig up or write a new layout. Does it allow you to upload your own skin?
cattsy
cattsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Thanks, Suzy. It doesn't bother me so much that it is narrow... my problem is with the print. It may be because I have vintage eyes, but it is very difficult to read the white on black... I chose the words bold & cold for lack of a better way to put it. It is a strain on my eyes now.
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by cattsy Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Miss Ronnie wrote:Thanks, Suzy. It doesn't bother me so much that it is narrow... my problem is with the print. It may be because I have vintage eyes, but it is very difficult to read the white on black... I chose the words bold & cold for lack of a better way to put it. It is a strain on my eyes now.

Have you tried zooming in to make the text bigger like mentioned in many previous posts? Hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and use the wheel on your mouse to zoom in and out. It makes it MUCh easier to read.
cattsy
cattsy

Back to top Go down

Post by helena Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Good idea! Yes it does - just tried it Smile

helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HillbillyDiva1 Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:43 pm

I think Metina is amazing doing all the things she does for the forum and face painting in general and getting shipments out lighting fast. Enjoy Vegas wish I was there and all the real forum fanatics will still be here when you get a chance to fix things better if you can. If you can't well we'll eventually get use to it. Very Happy This is the best face painting forum on the web and one of the best all around forums on the web. I belong to several other forums in clowning, magic,gaming, and even that viper pit call the Huffinton Post. I mean this as a well deserved pat on the back but as I read it back it sound more like I'm kissing behind. So Metina you can sit down now I'm done. lol!
HillbillyDiva1
HillbillyDiva1

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2011-09-04

http://www.gandgfaceandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:06 pm

I actually just noticed that every other post has a gray background.... so much easier on the eyes!!! Wish they were all in gray.
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:54 pm

I WORSHIP this forum!!! Surprised)

That's not too far from the truth, because it has made me late for work more than once, and it's often the last thing I see before I go to bed. And there are a few other log-ins between those times! Surprised)

I am relatively new to the world of face painting, and this spring/summer is really my big launch time. And I can say, unequivocally, that I could not/would not be where I am without all the incredibly rich and detailed information I've mined from this site.

As soon as I have a second to figure out how to upload pictures, I'm going to. Meanwhile, I'm doing my best to contribute in any humble way I can to a site that has given me so much.

Just want to say, no matter what the forum "looks like," that I am very very grateful for it. And yes - Metina surely gets high praise for doing it all - it's a gift, and a very very very great one. There are movers and shakers in this world (just be careful when you're holding an unlidded glitter pot, though! Surprised), and Metina is surely one of them!

Happy Saturday, all!

Surprised) Surprised) Surprised) Joan

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by AUSSIE3070 Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:31 am

It's a shame Metina was forced to change the set up, this whirte writing is klling my eyes . . . oh well, I'm sure Metina will work it out when she gets time.

I hope she finds these posts a source of constructive critism rather than an attack on her work . . i think she will! She knows we all love her to bits!
AUSSIE3070
AUSSIE3070

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2010-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:49 pm

I just figured she was re vamping and Im sure she will work it out to be truely amazing...the store already looks awesome..Im sorry metina if I seamed fussy,,,just was hard to read with my bi focals lol..and those of us with vintage eyes...im sure everything will be great when its all said and done..thanks for all you do.
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 am

Hiya,

Thanks for the kind words of support and PLEASE understand that I am devastated at the loss of our forum look. I think I have finally figured out why and might be able to fix it upon my return, but if not, it will get pretty darn close to it.

Just bear or bare, I can never remember which, with me and know that this is on the top of my priority list upon my return. I would work on it now, whilst Suzy is snoring(she totally is) LOL, but the files are on my desktop at home.

If you don't feel you can come to the forum because of the temporary look, I am very sorry. Change of this sort is never fun, but think of it as exercise for the brain!

-Metina

Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Col Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 am

Well. Seems that change, for any reason, is never easy. We seem to all hate change,when it's thrust upon us for whatever reason. But change can be good, and I don't come here for the layout , I come here for the info, wisdom of others, and the community. I'll tough out the change for those things. I L.O.V.E. this forum, and I'm sure I'll get used to the changes. The ONLY frustrating thing for me is (and it could be my ancient, decrepide computer) that the width of the center part changes randomly. Sometimes it's normal, (like now as I type this) and then all of a sudden it expands all wide and I have to scroll sideways to read everything. But, like I said, could be FRED here. (That's what I named my computer. Stands for Frustating. Rediculous. Electronic. Device.) (in case you were wondering.)

Col

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next