Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Color Combos for Split Cakes?

4 posters

Go down

Favorite Color Combos for Split Cakes? Empty Favorite Color Combos for Split Cakes?

Post by JBax Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:58 pm

I made my first few split cakes about a month ago, and LOVED IT!!! Now I'm about to cut up all my paints, but have to hold myself back and think about what color combos I want to make and plan accordingly. It could get expensive if I go all willy-nilly and have to re-buy my whole kit!

So, what's your favorite color combos to make/use or do you have "standards" you like to keep in your kit?

Thanks everyone!
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite Color Combos for Split Cakes? Empty Re: Favorite Color Combos for Split Cakes?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:54 am

Purple/Pink/White, Blue/Turquoise/White, Red/Orange/Yellow, Copper/Gold, and Peacock cake of gold, greens and blues - all shiny! Those are the most useful of the multi-coloured. And a Rainbow of course!

Back to top Go down

Favorite Color Combos for Split Cakes? Empty Re: Favorite Color Combos for Split Cakes?

Post by Kristal Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:00 am

1) Neon rainbow! (ROYGBV) (for butterflies and...erm...well, rainbows)
2) Dk green/UV green/yellow (leaves)
3) Red/pink/white (flowers, princess crowns, butterflies)
4) Dk blue/sky blue/turquoise/white (dolphins, flowers, butterflies...)
5) Pink/purple (BUTTERFLIES! AHHHHH)
6) Yellow/orange (tigers)

among others. Haha.

Some of those are in my jumbo palettes, and some are for brushes, but I love them nonetheless! I think I want to add a black/white split, and I think I've only used my white/purple/pink/red split once (it seemed like a good idea at the time)...
Kristal
Kristal

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.faceaballoonza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:01 am

Ooh, I have a copper/gold as well...and I fully admit to staring at Shannon's splits and I may have possibly copied one or two...
Kristal
Kristal

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.faceaballoonza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:09 am

Laughing The Copper/Gold is amazingly useful actually... highlights for animals, tiger centres, crowns, horses, monkeys... oddly I have two. Forgot I had those two colours together in my regular palette when I was making my split palette... oh well... one is Snaz gold, the other Wolfe so they do have slightly different results.

I did a pink/hot pink/purple but it is not getting a lot of use...

I've got the dark green/UV Green/UV yellow and have used it for frogs and lizards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:06 am

Feel free to look at the DFX cakes on the shop to gets ideas as well and also the Arty Brush Cakes on Silly Farm. The actually have the samples of what they make. I hope to do photos soon, but so much is going on.

Anyone who has purchased any for me, feel free to post samples if you like!

I love the light blue and Dark Blue DFX. Great for Dolphins, flowers and monsters. I also split lavendar and dark purple, and have a three color green that consists of dark, regular and light greens for leaves and snakes that I made for myself.

The list could go on. Just try doing a few splits with only two colors before you cut everything up. Try and be as neat as possible so not to get colors mixed. Freezing most paints helps them transfer better.

Also decided what container they will go in. Do you want them seperate or in the same palette as all your others. If you need sperate containers I have a few for sale on the shop under accessories http://www.facepaintforumshop.com/servlet/the-Accessories/Categories

or I have empty containers of several brands I would be happy to just give you. PM me if you want to go this option.

HAVE FUN!
-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:08 pm

So is it the space savings that makes splitting the cases a good idea as wella s the color combo? My concern is that if I split my cake I won't have the solid anymore, unless I use it out of the split and then my split would be uneven, kwim?

I was thinking of splitting my complimentary colors just so that I can still have some fresh paint left at home and so I wont' have to lug around my whole kit, but I don't know.

What's a good blend for fire? Brand wise I mean, I know there's some red, orange and black in there and I think yellow as well. Does anyone have a kick but tut or step-by-step on making fire (please don't say 'grab 2 sticks) tongue ... it seems that a lot of the boys at my church have pyromaniac aspirations since 6 of them wanted flames on their faces. What's that all about? They were all like 6 or 7 years old!
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JBax Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Cool... thanks everyone. I made a dk/med/uv green for leaves and a hot pink/orange/yellow for a tropical look, and a light blue/purple/pink. I love all of the arty cake combos, but I want to make sure what I have will be useful. My friend bought one of the arty cakes and it's my favorite, but I struggled to find a way to work it into a design (I was attempting to do it on the job though).
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:49 pm

I've had 2-colour cakes in my palettes for years... for space saving reasons. Not to use as double loading. Now I just look at them differently Suspect and load up both colours at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down