Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what do think about dressing up in costume for face painting party

+4
AshleyMarie727
skjfunny
elantaura
sammie star creation
8 posters

Go down

what do think about dressing up in costume for face painting party  Empty what do think about dressing up in costume for face painting party

Post by sammie star creation Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:23 am

hi everyone, am Sammie star creations am new to the face painting forum,it been great reading everyone post on your experiences in face painting. I've only been face painting for the last 4 years on/off but this year i decided that i love face painting too much i would like to start a face painting business. I have one question What do think about dressing up in costume to face paint?, am not big on dressing up but i do like having something painted on my face, when i do parties i wear colourful apron is this ok or should i found costume to suit my personalty? if anyone can answer or help me it would be great Very Happy
sammie star creation
sammie star creation

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

what do think about dressing up in costume for face painting party  Empty Re: what do think about dressing up in costume for face painting party

Post by elantaura Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:02 am

welcome - we are all different in our choices. I don't dress up for my business - but will be getting a costume to cover various peoples work when they can't make it.
But if you like it enjoy it then go for it!!!
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

what do think about dressing up in costume for face painting party  Empty Re: what do think about dressing up in costume for face painting party

Post by skjfunny Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:41 am

This was just covered in another thread, wish I could remember which one, but I think it was from Janna. Often costumes can make you more $, however to build a character rather than just a costume is the key to making more money and standing out. Are you girly or tomboy, funny or more serious??? Know what you are and expand on it. However, take in consideration your market and who you want to paint. If you are a fairy or princess certainly you'll book more girl parties but that is ok because more girls get painted than boys at most events.
If you are starting a business this is a serious question to answer before you start marketing because it will be part of what you are selling and will even have impact on the name you use.
Aprons work fine, Silly Farms has beautiful black tee shirts with Face Painter in a sparkle...what I do suggest is a hat. Hats always grab attention, command more authority and make you easy to spot. Isn't Chantel the Fairy in your area??? Good Luck sunny
skjfunny
skjfunny

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-08-17

http://sunshinetheclown.org

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMarie727 Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:11 am

hello and welcome! i guess that is all on what you would like to do, if you want to dress up of course you can also charge a little more if you are dressing up. So that is all up to you but whatever you choose enjoy it!

happy Painting!

Ashley!
AshleyMarie727
AshleyMarie727

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by len sherrard Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:29 am

Welcome!
len sherrard
len sherrard

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-12-29

http://www.ellensburgfaceart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:52 pm

I don't dress up, but I wear a hat covered with glitter and a black apron and I usually have a little face paint on my face. Basically, do what you feel comfortable with.
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Number of posts : 1626
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://facesbygina.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MeeMee Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:32 pm

How you dress is a matter of personal preference. I will say that you probably should have something on whatever you wear that has your business name on it. This will distinguish you from someone who is just face painting and someone who has a professional business. I like dressing but only for private events such as parties. I get to be in lots of photos, especially with the birthday child, because people think my outfit is cute.
MeeMee
MeeMee

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.specialtimesentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Janb Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:01 am

Welcome to the forum cheers
Janb
Janb

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by sammie star creation Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:55 am

Hi everyone

i would like to say thank you all for your feedback, it has open my eyes and given me alot to think about, in saying this am still excited and thank you again Very Happy
sammie star creation
sammie star creation

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down