Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using my new Silhouette Cameo diecutter

+12
martha
Fun2Play
theotherphoenix
Manabanana
sweethavenarts
anniel
artyfacesbyluz
Stacia
helena
fesspenter
gorjessfaces
Amanda
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Using my new Silhouette Cameo diecutter - Page 2 Empty Re: Using my new Silhouette Cameo diecutter

Post by funfacesforu Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:58 am

I also have a silhouette sd that I bought some time ago. I am going to try to make tatt stencils. I'm ordering the vinyl today. Let me know how it works for you.
funfacesforu
funfacesforu

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Using my new Silhouette Cameo diecutter - Page 2 Empty Re: Using my new Silhouette Cameo diecutter

Post by vegas mom Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:25 am

Hi Funfaces..
Make sure you download the new silhouette program..Its the bomb. My comp wouldnt even download the graphtec driver.. I did 2 from the library, just testing things out. The silamerica vinyl seems thin. I don't any thing to compare it to though. I also need to make the depth a little deeper cause it didnt cut thru one small section...But I can see I will love this machine as soon as I get the hang of it.. Have fun!
vegas mom
vegas mom

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2011-11-06

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Wand-Face-Painting-and-Glit

Back to top Go down

Post by billiebcc Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:41 am

You are all making me very jealous.
billiebcc
billiebcc

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2011-11-05

http://www.angelwingsbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesforu Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 am

Vegasmom, thanks. I didn't use my silhouette much but will be playing with it this weekend. It has different blades, maybe you need to use a different one or a sharper one to get through the vinyl. I'm going to first make some bam-like stencils since I have that material. I'll post my results.

I'm going to place an order with craftvinyl.com for the vinyl. Waiting to hear from them if they also sell blades. I think I'll need a bunch of blades with all the stencil designs I'd like to cut.
funfacesforu
funfacesforu

Back to top Go down

Post by vegas mom Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi Angela,
I ordered my stencils from both faketoos and SF. My silhouette came from craigslist for about 100.00. Check your local craigslist for this. we've had 2 posted in the last month for about the same price. . Both SDs, the cutting platform is smaller, but the blades are interchangable. Also the signature glitter site is back up and working. Hope all is well in the water front. Very Happy
vegas mom
vegas mom

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesforu Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:50 pm

I found this video helpful in importing images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdUecXW1Mbg&feature=related

When you open the image via Siloutte make sure you chose all file types. I'm importing .gif files with no problem. Hope that helps.

I have the Silhouette SD. i had my speed at 8, thickness 9 and blade setting at 2. Craftvinyl.com does sell the blades that fit Silhouette SD.

I cut some butterfly stencils. Will try to post pictures in a few days.
funfacesforu
funfacesforu

Back to top Go down

Post by vegas mom Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Okay so I made a load o stencils and put the adhesive tape on. Anyone have a problem with the vinyl not releasing. I ruined so far about 10. ( practice ones). Any thoughts on this?
vegas mom
vegas mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2