Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would like to approach a few business that host birthday parties what do i say

3 posters

Go down

I would like to approach a few business that host birthday parties what do i say Empty I would like to approach a few business that host birthday parties what do i say

Post by WildFlower8 Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:09 pm

I would like to approach a few business that host birthday parties and such what should I say to them and how does something like that work. I have purchased Shannon Fennell ebook and it has a sample of a letter to send to restaurants but not to party hosting business…… any advise you can give would be greatly appreciated
WildFlower8
WildFlower8

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-11-14

http://www.WildFlowerArtist.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

I would like to approach a few business that host birthday parties what do i say Empty Re: I would like to approach a few business that host birthday parties what do i say

Post by Perry Noia Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:11 pm

I've offered it to them before, but none of their customers has taken the add-on when they've offered it.... I had given them my price (discounted slightly) and they added on a percentage profit (usually taking it back up to my regular price) and they offered it as an add-on to their party package. More often however, I have just had people hire me separately to come to those places on their own.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

I would like to approach a few business that host birthday parties what do i say Empty Re: I would like to approach a few business that host birthday parties what do i say

Post by The Infotainer Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:41 am

WildFlower8 wrote:I would like to approach a few business that host birthday parties and such what should I say to them and how does something like that work. I have purchased Shannon Fennell ebook and it has a sample of a letter to send to restaurants but not to party hosting business…… any advise you can give would be greatly appreciated

Shannon is a superb artiste and really knows how to be a success in her business, but I've not seen the letter you refer to. However .... I imagine the principles are the same whoever you approach and for whatever reason.

Write, very briefly explain who you are then state why you are writing. This does not mean you need to sell yourself or your services in the letter .... in my view, that's wrong in an initial letter. Word it so that they love what they read and now really want to learn more. So now you simply tell them what action to take: best would be to call or email to make an appointment to meet or maybe request more info by post or email.

That's it!

Quite what you say of course depends upon what you are able top offer that will makle their services and packages extra special and enable them to sell more and increase their own customer / client base and bottom line. Hint at how you are able to do that .... and they should want to meet to see your presentation asap!

Good luck

John
The Infotainer
The Infotainer

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.TheAcademyForProfessionalEntertainers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WildFlower8 Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Perry Noia wrote:I've offered it to them before, but none of their customers has taken the add-on when they've offered it.... I had given them my price (discounted slightly) and they added on a percentage profit (usually taking it back up to my regular price) and they offered it as an add-on to their party package. More often however, I have just had people hire me separately to come to those places on their own.

Thank you so much Perry for the reply. Can I pick your brain some more what did you say to them. I would still like to approach a few places that way I can say well at least I tried. Can you give me some opening lines…. Again thanks for any advice.
WildFlower8
WildFlower8

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-11-14

http://www.WildFlowerArtist.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:20 pm

No problem... though I'm not sure how much help it will be. One of them called me actually and asked how much. I gave her my rate and she came back with, "that's for everyone else, what's MY rate? I'm going to give you LOTS of business, so you can give me a bulk rate." Whatever, I think I knocked $15-$20 off or something. She called me once (three days before) and I was already booked. I haven't heard from her again, so whatever.

The other indoor playspace is somewhere that I've done a couple of fundraiser events for leukemia. I've talked to them about having my services as an add-on but their party packages are already RIDICULOUSLY expensive (IMHO) so I doubt if it would fly. I gave them a letter that just said what I do, what amounts I would normally charge and the deal that I'd give them (I think I mentioned that it was negotiable) and included LOTS of pictures. Not really a response, but I'm still kind of working on the relationship with the owners.

I've been hired privately for parties at both of these places (so the parents paid for the party package with them AND my full rates). The thing with parties at these locations is to have the paper bracelets to mark which kids are part of the party (so you aren't painting all the walk-ins) and they are usually BIG parties that will hire that much entertainment for these things. It does make it easier to track how many kids you are doing by counting how many bracelets you give mom to hand out.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down