Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to face paint at corporate Christmas parties, any suggestions on how to approach a company?

3 posters

Go down

I want to face paint at corporate Christmas parties, any suggestions on how to approach a company? Empty I want to face paint at corporate Christmas parties, any suggestions on how to approach a company?

Post by lorikenh Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:30 pm

I bought a tray that I can walk around and paint eye designs, etc for a corporate Christmas party. I'm not sure about the proper way to approach someone, any suggestions?
lorikenh
lorikenh

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

I want to face paint at corporate Christmas parties, any suggestions on how to approach a company? Empty Re: I want to face paint at corporate Christmas parties, any suggestions on how to approach a company?

Post by Miss Ronnie Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:08 pm

You can do what I do... (the "old fashioned" method)...

I visit companies with either a rack card, flyer or brochure that I have printed up and see if I can score a meet & greet with the person I need to "get in" with... It also never hurts to place a phone call and talk your way in...

But be prepared for a lot of "No's"... and that's okay, 'cause you may get that one important "Yes" and if not, you will have the opportunity to approach them again for another occasion and you can start that off with "Hi! Remember me? I called/visited you back in November.........."

I avoid emails at all costs...unless they have emailed ME. It is the worst way (in my opinion) to get a gig or make any kind of an impression. It may help to be goofy and carefree, like me - (or maybe not!)
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

I want to face paint at corporate Christmas parties, any suggestions on how to approach a company? Empty Re: I want to face paint at corporate Christmas parties, any suggestions on how to approach a company?

Post by lorikenh Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:09 am

Thanks Miss Ronnie!
lorikenh
lorikenh

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Smiletime Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:04 am

I have had success with calling. Just call the company and ask if they have any type of holiday event and ask to talk to the person who is in charge. Alot of times, they are looking for entertainment. My only concern is that it is a bit late now. Even if it is, they will have your info for the next event or for thier summer company picnic. I did quite a bit of those this year. I also just got a corporate gig from a post card mailing I did a couple months ago. I went through the events calender in my area and targeted any organization that was having a Christmas party or event. I also found that if you can get in with an organization for another event, they will call you for Christmas. I just had that happen. I did a summer event for a local Township and they just called me to come back for a Breakfast with Santa. I do better over the phone than in person....but that is me. You have to see which way works best for you.
Smiletime
Smiletime

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.depacesfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down