Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEMS: STICK ON VS SPIRIT GUM?

+7
MonsterKat
TheGildedCat
Miss Ronnie
1HappyNut
Ester K-D
summers4seasons
saloner
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GEMS: STICK ON VS SPIRIT GUM? - Page 2 Empty Re: GEMS: STICK ON VS SPIRIT GUM?

Post by elantaura Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:48 pm

Dear Lisa Fesspainter,
Although the DS stylus dose appear more professional, I feel that the giant sticky hand may have is advantage for mass application of gems in a simple wack of the client. And the ds stylus has a tendancy to be embezzeled buy children who live in the proximity who have misplaced there stick.
when you find said child I sugest the sticky hand full of gems to teach the child a lesson.
I suspect the stick hand may alot be very good for glitter spills an fetching bling on the far corner of table. without the need to move from chair.
I feel the two may work well together, and strongly suggest both!

Sue
A.K.A Elantaura
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by summers4seasons Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:35 am

You ladies crack me up!!!!

I love my sticky pen from Michaels, however I have heard that a regular bday candle can be used bottom side down. Apparently the was has just enough "stick" to pick them up. Plus they are small and readily available.

I know it sounds time consuming to dot off the paint, but it really only takes a few seconds (yes, every second counts!). I use a damp qt, place the tip where I want my gem and spin. If I am using a multigem scrapbook sticker I only clean off 2-3 dots for the whole thing depending on the shape. I find they just don't stick when I apply them on top of paint, even dry paint. It would be great to find a glue that does stick on top of paint!!

summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:07 pm

The drag queens use a glue stick for brows all the time! If you watch their vids, I love to see how they do makeup! At first, I was sort of perplexed, and after I saw so many people using it, I figured that it probably is not such a big deal in the long run. I have not used any, but thought aobut it this halloween, for brows on my china doll, who needed really high brows. I let it go. Maybe next time!
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2