Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OH NO!! glitter in my paint

3 posters

Go down

OH NO!! glitter in my paint Empty OH NO!! glitter in my paint

Post by amy from the ville Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:11 pm

I did a job at a local shopping centre and one of my friends nieces wanted to be painted. So while chatting to my friend i painted the butterfly, put glitter on, and let the little girl have a look in the mirror while i was chatting away.

I shouldnt have let my guard down around my paints but i did and the little girl knocked all my glitter over. It mainly went into one cake. I tried my hardest to get most of it out but the remaining glitter just seemed to sit on the top, embedded into my paint. i cant wipe it out cause it just gets worked deeper in!

How do i get the glitter out cause its stopping the paint from getting worked into a paste (and its pink!) Sad

thanks in advance!
amy from the ville
amy from the ville

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

OH NO!! glitter in my paint Empty Re: OH NO!! glitter in my paint

Post by summers4seasons Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Ohhh man!!! Scrape it with a blade? Good luck!!
summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Take your cake to the sink... turn on the tap to a steady but slow flow, hold the cake at an angle under the running water and it will wash out the glitter. It doesn't take too long. Tip out all the water from the cake and let it air dry overnight before putting the lid back on.

If the cake is in a palette just angle it so that is the only cake getting wet.

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPainter Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:43 pm

You won't get all of it out, but that's no biggie. Take your paint pot, tilt it sideways over a sink or something, and spray it out generously with your squirt bottle letting the excess just drip out. Hose it out good. That will take most of the glitter out. You won't be losing as much paint as it seems.

It happened to me when I had to do sh^tter tattoos (the devils tool I tell ya) and a gust of wind sent a good cloud of glitter down over all my paints.

CrazyPainter

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down