Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air travel with paint and glitter.

4 posters

Go down

Air travel with paint and glitter. Empty Air travel with paint and glitter.

Post by pasghetti Mon May 23, 2011 12:04 pm

I'll be going "home" for the summer for a long overdue holiday with my parents and family. Papa and Maga want to throw their kirida (beloved), my daughter, a birthday party. So, I've decided to bring my paints and glitter kit. My travel time will be roughly 26 hours, 21 of which will be spent on a plane. I was thinking of packing just my paints and glue in my carry-on and packing the glitter and the rest of my implements in my checked baggage. Was wondering if any of you have had any experiences in air travel with your kit and if you have any suggestions.

I'm so excited about this trip and so is my daughter. It's been 3 years since we've been back and we'll be spending 3 glorious months there. Hubby has to work and will be joining us for the last 3 weeks of the trip, yay!! I can't wait to be surrounded by my family again, and Hannah is just as anxious to see her cousins again. I can't wait to get my "hands" on my nieces and nephews, of which there are many. My parents each had 8 brothers and sisters, those brothers and sisters in turn had 3-5 children, and now most of them (my cousins) have 2-4 children of their own. Exponential growth Wink. Now, even allowing for the ones that left the island, like me, there is still a plethora of little faces to play with Laughing bounce .
pasghetti
pasghetti

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2011-03-19

http://www.touchofwhimsy.net

Back to top Go down

Air travel with paint and glitter. Empty Re: Air travel with paint and glitter.

Post by Mehndi Masala Mon May 23, 2011 12:16 pm

As long as your glue is in a very small container you can put in your 'liquids' see through bag you will be fine! My paint kit has flown twice now and my paint and glitter have been fine! I think the hold gets cold tho so you may not want to keep that in the luggage. Glue can get funny if it freezes. (not that a hold would freeze, but whatever :-D )

Have a fun trip and just remember to keep your paints in the center of your suitcase - between cloths. Mine are going for thier third trip in 2 days!
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pasghetti Mon May 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Thanks, Kim Smile

Yeah, the cargo holds aren't climate controlled so there are precipitous fluctuations in temperature. I wouldn't want my paints to "melt" during some of the layovers I'll have when the hold will be like a sauna. Umm... from what I've read I know Snaz can get gooey in the heat, but does TAG (that's what I have)?
pasghetti
pasghetti

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Mon May 23, 2011 12:37 pm

Just call your airlines get a verbal confirmation, get the name and employee number of the person you speak to. I called mine got confirmation that there was no restrictions on bringing, paints, glitter, brushes on the plane, as I am not checking any bags. I just need to bring a business car and either a trade magazine representing what it is I do.
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pasghetti Mon May 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Thanks for the reminder, changing Smile

Traveling with my paints in my carry-on is a no-go. It's an international flight so the restrictions are tighter and my paints may be turned away at customs in Japan if they deem them "suspicious". I'd have to discard them or send them at my expense via mail to my destination or back home. I'm thinking I may have to make a "travel kit" using an empty watercolor palette like the one I made for my daughter. At least this way if they do melt I won't lose all my paint. In the back of my mind I knew this would be the case as I've traveled extensively in east Asia and I've come up against many customs regulations. Well, now it's time to make lemonade with my lemons Laughing
pasghetti
pasghetti

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! Mon May 23, 2011 1:23 pm

How nice to see your family again! I can't imagine how it feels to be such a long time away from your family. I'm glad for you. Where do you have tot travel to?

I remember a thread about taking paint on a plane earlier. When I find it I will post it here.
nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pasghetti Mon May 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Nancy, I'll be traveling to Guam. It is hard to be away from my family. There are times I feel so adrift without that comfort of having family surround me. Although, there were times when I wanted to strangle the same family when I started dating. Can you imagine having 7 of your burliest and most overprotective male cousins "talking" with your date to make sure they "approve" of him. Oh, well, in hindsight they did weed out the ones not worth my time Laughing
pasghetti
pasghetti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down