Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoping for a tree change

2 posters

Go down

Hoping for a tree change Empty Hoping for a tree change

Post by Creations Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:57 am

We live on the Gold Coast QLD Australia and my husband has applied for a job in Tasmania, we have been told that it is beyond beautiful and hoping that we can settle with our young kids on some land and grow!! Job wise, facepainting business wise and heightwise!!! I think that it is a really good thing for us, even though we would be moving to a smaller area. Just wanted to share and has anyone found that it has worked for them BIG to small?
Creations
Creations

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://creationsfaba.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Hoping for a tree change Empty Re: Hoping for a tree change

Post by nancy! Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:04 pm

Good luck!
nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:52 pm

YES!

We moved to Northern Alberta from Vancouver, BC. From an area of 3 million people to a city of 36,000. The region (all of Northern Alberta, Northern BC) is only around 250,000 (basically a day's driving in any direction) including some from the Northwest Territories which is a couple of day's drive.

We moved up here in Jan 2000. When we arrived there were no other professionally trained make-up artists, professional face painters, body painters, or theatrical make-up artists... I pretty much had the place to myself for the first several years.

No one had any pre-conception of how a professional face painter worked so I had no real issues operating the way I wanted (meaning hire me, I don't do PPF!) No issues regarding the client providing shelter. Stuff like that.

People often comment about why do I stay here when I could work in the big city... I say, Here I am a big fish in a small pond, in the big city I'd be one of a school of little fish in a big pond and would have to work really hard to get established against a lot of competition.

I found it a great benefit to my business, and we like the smaller population base, less traffic, and people recognize you in the strangest places! LOL You can't walk through the mall without stopping to have a conversation with someone! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down