Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been away for 2 months now!! Hoping to get back into it soon.

+11
Psalmbook
Gr8ful
ChangingFaceDesigns
nancy!
Kitty's Make-up Studio
Mandi from Tazzie
Daphne
Inca
makin faces by synni
michellesfantasyfaces
Rae
15 posters

Go down

Been away for 2 months now!!  Hoping to get back into it soon.     Empty Been away for 2 months now!! Hoping to get back into it soon.

Post by Rae Wed May 11, 2011 11:20 pm

So many new faces on here in the time I've been away....or is just all the new avatars throwing me off??

Like I said it's been 2 months since i've been active of the forum. I've been regularly logging in again over the last week and enjoying all your chat and paintings. The explosion of fairies has been fun.

Firstly I was away for a wonderful reason. My hubby and I took our two boys away on an extended holiday for nearly 5 weeks. We had an amazing time with lots of wonderful experiences and memories. It all went to plan exactly, even the weather was kind to us the whole time.

Sadly three days after we returned, on Good Friday, my Dad passed away. It was completely unexpected and very sudden. It was a massive heart attack. He was only 70, and a young, active, healthy 70. In fact when we got back, my hubby and I were paying him compliments on how well he looked.

I am devastated. We were very close (specially since my Mum lost a battle with cancer when I was only 21). He was my rock and I'm feeling pretty lost at sea right now. It has been such a shock and I think I'm still grappling with the reality of it all. I miss him so much and feel so incredibly sad.

The funeral was a week ago today and I had my brother and his family staying with us for the last couple of weeks. They went back home to the other side of the country yesterday which has been extra hard again. The house is so quiet. The kids are also back at school and hubby back to work.

So, here I am, trying to get back to normal. I have no desire to pick up my paints yet. But I was thinking if I start trying to get back involved in the forum it might help me find my mojo again.

I was so bummed I missed out on a workshop I had booked and paid for with Rebecca Anthony (Becstar) which fell right in the middle of all the funeral arrangements and there was just no way I could have made it. She has kindly offered me to keep my registration if she comes out this way again. Here's hoping.

I was also hugely flattered to have had my bird entry placed in the April newsletter for step by step design. WOW. It's been so long since I picked up a brush I can hardly believe I actually did that.

Anyway, I am going on a bit!! Smile This is kinda cathartic. I love seeing all your work and fun loving chatter. I hope to be apart of it all again soon.
Rae
Rae

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2011-02-09

http://www.raesfx.com

Back to top Go down

Been away for 2 months now!!  Hoping to get back into it soon.     Empty Re: Been away for 2 months now!! Hoping to get back into it soon.

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Thu May 12, 2011 2:24 am

I'm so sorry to hear this! :hugs:
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Been away for 2 months now!!  Hoping to get back into it soon.     Empty Re: Been away for 2 months now!! Hoping to get back into it soon.

Post by makin faces by synni Thu May 12, 2011 3:50 am

so sorry for your loss Rae! i also lost a close friend this month. she died in a house fire. still doesn't feel real. today was the 1st time i decided to paint since the day she died and it felt great. so my advice is don't leave it too long to pick up a brush, it truly is therapeutic! sending you warm hugs on your road through your grief.

makin faces by synni
makin faces by synni

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2010-03-15

http://	facebook.com/synni80

Back to top Go down

Post by Inca Thu May 12, 2011 4:37 am

I am so sorry for your loss! this is really sad.. Life is fragile! We should take advantage of the time we have here.
sending hugs your way!
Inca
Inca

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Daphne Thu May 12, 2011 5:16 am

my condolences ......

I don't know what else to say but I' ll send you a big Been away for 2 months now!!  Hoping to get back into it soon.     Smiley_grouphug
Daphne
Daphne

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Thu May 12, 2011 6:14 am

Rae it's so wonderful to have you back girl. I was thinking it's certainly been awhile since I'd read a comment from you.

A heart felt ((((hug)))) is coming your way right now so get ready for it. I agree with Synni pick up your brush & allow it to help you to heal your heart. You'll find your mojo again. sunny

Synni sorry for your loss too a heart felt((((((hugs)))))for you too. By the way Synni love your new avatar.
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitty's Make-up Studio Thu May 12, 2011 11:39 am

Rae we are all sending you hugs. And Synni too.
If you loose a dear one it hurts, but somehow you will find your way again. Painting helps, reading this forum and participating will heal your heart.
It feels like you still have a family, online..

I love you
Kitty's Make-up Studio
Kitty's Make-up Studio

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-02-05

http://www.kittysmakeupstudio.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! Thu May 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Oh Rae, what a great loss. I'm so sorry for you. Your last message was so happy because you were enjoying your holiday with your family and now I read this sad message. My dad passed away in March, also a heartattack. I know how you are feeling. It is such a strange and sad feeling to realise he is really gone and that you can't 'hold' him anymore. Big, big hugs for you. I love you
nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Fri May 13, 2011 12:16 am

Thank you so much everyone for all your hugs and kindness, they are a very welcome comfort and have truly touched me.

Synni, how awful for you. ((hugs)) coming your way too. So glad to hear you are finding comfort in your painting. I also hope to find that soon too. I love you

Nancy, your heartfelt message made me cry..... big big (((hugs))) for you too!! If only we could get together for a cuppa and a real hug. We would have much to talk about in remembering our dads. I hope you have alot of love and support around you as I do. I love you Kitty's comment about having an online family is really starting to ring true to me.

Rae
Rae

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! Fri May 13, 2011 5:19 pm

Would love to drink a cuppa with you. I'm glad we have this forum, the hugs travel around the world and back.

I'm very happy to have a lot of support too. My family and friends live in the same area, so we can see each other very often. Glad you have this support also.

Didn't want to make you cry. With me there are moments I notice tears running out of my eyes just because of a scent or a certain word. Other moments I can be completely rational and talk about him with dry eyes.

sunny The sun will always shine, but sometimes it is hidden behind the clouds.
nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Fri May 13, 2011 7:10 pm

My condolences to those of you who have suffered the loss of someone special in your lives.
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Fri May 13, 2011 10:17 pm

I am sorry to hear of your loss Rae, Synni and Nancy. I am sending hugs your way too.
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitty's Make-up Studio Sat May 14, 2011 6:08 pm

"With me there are moments I notice tears running out of my eyes just because of a scent or a certain word. Other moments I can be completely rational and talk about him with dry eyes."

Nancy, this is so true! I think we all come to loose one of our dear ones and this is the way we still will remember them. Sometimes happy sometimes in tears, it should be like that.
It's important to share it and talk about it to give it a place in your heart.
Kitty's Make-up Studio
Kitty's Make-up Studio

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-02-05

http://www.kittysmakeupstudio.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Sat May 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Rae, I'm so sorry for your loss. I miss my dad so much & he was the anchor too. I've had to take the role of anchor for my mom & brother now. I'm praying for you!
Huggs!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Sun May 15, 2011 10:31 pm

nancy! wrote:
Didn't want to make you cry. With me there are moments I notice tears running out of my eyes just because of a scent or a certain word. Other moments I can be completely rational and talk about him with dry eyes.

This is true for me too. On Friday I couldn't get it together, just kept crying on and off all day, but on the weekend I was OK. Thanks again for your kindness.

Thank you all for more hugs and prayers. Our Dads can sometimes be larger than life and they leave a big gap when they've gone, but they helped guide us to be who we are and to find the strength to continue on without them while keeping them forever in our hearts and memories.

Rae
Rae

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Sun May 15, 2011 11:59 pm

So sorry for these sad losses... especially such sudden ones. My prayers are with you all as you grieve and begin to heal. Painting does help, and it was a big step just coming back on the forum Rae, so I'm glad you made it back!

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freedspirit Mon May 16, 2011 7:05 am

I am sad to read of your dearest loss..I had only just joined before you went on holiday.. Really feeling for you and praying that you will feel the lords presence at this time, his comfort and strength.
Warmest fuzzies being sent your way tonight.. I love you
freedspirit
freedspirit

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2011-03-03

http://www.facecreationz.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Tue May 17, 2011 7:33 am

freedspirit wrote:
Warmest fuzzies being sent your way tonight.. I love you

Thank you, this made me smile. I haven't heard of warm fuzzies for quite awhile! I was first introduced to them on a high school camp (mmm, pleased I can remember that far back!) where we had to exchange "warm fuzzies" (in written form) with each other. Too funny.
Rae
Rae

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Wed May 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Oh Rae, I am so sorry for your loss. Please receive a warm big hug from me, wish I could give it to you in real life.
maggie
maggie

Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2010-11-27

http://www.maggieplummerfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachymango Thu May 19, 2011 7:46 am

Sorry to hear of your loss Rae and also to Symmie and Nancie . Warm and loving thoughts to you and your families
Peachymango
Peachymango

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Thu May 19, 2011 10:32 pm

I'm truly touched by everyones kindness. Thank you. I love you
Rae
Rae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down