Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding sucrose vs. dextrose to paste and when??

Go down

Adding sucrose vs. dextrose to paste and when?? Empty Adding sucrose vs. dextrose to paste and when??

Post by aussiemarie Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:30 pm

Been reading alot and I know " there is more than one way to skin a cat" as my dad always said but the simplist version of mixing paste seems to be adding lemon juice, henna powder, and sugar together will the oil all at once, waiting for dye release, (or waiting for release then adding oil), straining it and filling cones.
Yet...some say to wait on the oil additive until you KNOW you have dye release happening...but just today someone told me this:
1. Mix powder and lemon juice. Wait 12 or so hours.
2. Then add dextrose and oils. Wait maybe 6-8 hours? Naybe fill cones then wait til use 6-8 hours?
3. Then fill cones and use up or freeze.

Please share your methods as to when you add the sugar, sucrose or dextrose? And is SPLeNDA (little yellow sweetner packets, I think its dextrose?) better than white table sugar? How does the Sweet and Lo (little pink packets) figure in? They seem to have other ingredients besides dextrose.
Thanks
aussiemarie
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down