Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surprise pay for 2 practice gigs!!!1 yeah!

4 posters

Go down

Surprise pay for 2 practice gigs!!!1 yeah! Empty Surprise pay for 2 practice gigs!!!1 yeah!

Post by Smiletime Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:33 pm

I had lined up two parties where I could practice my painting and get some pictures for my boards when I officially start my business. At both parties, I thought my painting needed alot of improvement and had trouble with gloppy paint due to the humidity. At both parties, when I was leaving, the people in charge told me the kids loved all thier faces and they both insisted on paying me.......YEAH!!! So I guess I am now an official professional painter. I never expected to get any money...this was purely for practice. I was so happy. I even had another Mom book me for her son's birthday party. What a great way to end the summer! The only bad part was all the girls at the secong party wanted the exact same butterfly, so it sisn't help much eith new pictures... Very Happy
Smiletime
Smiletime

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.depacesfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Surprise pay for 2 practice gigs!!!1 yeah! Empty Re: Surprise pay for 2 practice gigs!!!1 yeah!

Post by Arty-Farty Party Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Girls at every party always want the exact same butterfly! I almost groan out loud every time I hear "A Rainbow butterfly please!"
*Smile sweetly... "Of course you do honey! Hop in the chair."*
Congratulations Smiletime! Welcome to the club Smile
Arty-Farty Party
Arty-Farty Party

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Surprise pay for 2 practice gigs!!!1 yeah! Empty Re: Surprise pay for 2 practice gigs!!!1 yeah!

Post by Denise Cold Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:41 pm

I was given great advice to paint designs that you want to paint when you are doing it for free so that you get the photos you need because I was very frustrated that I painted for 3 hours and didn't have very many pictures I could really use.

Glad you got a little bonus...that's fabulous.

D.
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:56 pm

That is great! It's always nice to get something you aren't expecting Smile
Like a great big tip for a job well done!

When I painting for free, I take a list of things I need, and do my best to only let them pick from that. . .once it's done, it's off the list, and they have to pick something else Smile I'll be nice if all that's left are boy designs and a girl wants to be painting, but that way I get the pictures I need, and they can usually find something from my list they want Smile
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2011-05-31

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down