Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[b]How would I paint Ni Hao Ki Lan and Tinkerbell???[/b]

4 posters

Go down

[b]How would I paint Ni Hao Ki Lan and Tinkerbell???[/b] Empty [b]How would I paint Ni Hao Ki Lan and Tinkerbell???[/b]

Post by Jennybo Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:57 am

I have a party this afternoon and the mom just informed me that the theme is Ni Hao Ki Lan and Tinkerbell. Ugh! Does anyone have any idea's for some kind of designs that would work with this party? I know one of the friends on Ki Lan are a tiger and I can certainly do those but I am lost other than that! HELP!!!
Jennybo
Jennybo

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

[b]How would I paint Ni Hao Ki Lan and Tinkerbell???[/b] Empty Re: [b]How would I paint Ni Hao Ki Lan and Tinkerbell???[/b]

Post by FlashM Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:18 am

With cartoon characters you can usually get away with cheek designs of the cartoon- either a face or full body. Look for images on the web.

Paint a silhouette face or body shape in a solid color and then go back and add details.

If all the other kids at the party are getting full faces and masks or the child appears unhappy with just a cheek design, add a sponged rainbow swoop around the forehead and side if the face and glitter..
FlashM
FlashM

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down

[b]How would I paint Ni Hao Ki Lan and Tinkerbell???[/b] Empty Re: [b]How would I paint Ni Hao Ki Lan and Tinkerbell???[/b]

Post by helena Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:22 am

[b]How would I paint Ni Hao Ki Lan and Tinkerbell???[/b] Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQ60O8Pw4Co3JAB3SY2BPDSaLsfy1gjD3NsU0cpWnHua17Tcj4

Google their images; I found this example for Ni Hao Ki Lan; They're so cute!
and there are tons of tinkerbell images that would work for cheek design, or rather than the obvious, how about a silhouette?:

[b]How would I paint Ni Hao Ki Lan and Tinkerbell???[/b] Z

You could also do things associated with the characters and not necessarily they, themselves - like a magic wand or wings for tinkerbell (and don't forget lots of the 'fairy dust' - glitter Very Happy)

Have fun!

(Edited after reading FlashM's comment - I agree, great idea! That rainbow swoop and some little starlights would really make it!)
helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:55 pm

I had Kai Lan requested not long ago and painted just her head as cheek art, and the little girl was super happy.

Make sure you call the tiger Rintoo from the show, If you do a monkey, there is a little white monkey on the show named Ho Ho.

Either way, it will probably be a spidy and butterfly day! Just saw it was this afternoon, so i'm sure this won't help much Sad Let us know how it goes! Good Luck!
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2011-05-31

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennybo Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:48 am

Thanks so much! The party went great other than the adults wanted facepaint and glitter tattoos more than the kids. I did a couple of the ni hao ki lan faces on my leg before the party and did them as cheek art. Thanks again.
Jennybo
Jennybo

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down