Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wooo whoo!!! On a FP'G high!!

+15
Sparklyone
makin faces by synni
HappyVickery
deleted
Mandi from Tazzie
Creations
Tash
FlashM
helena
Stacia
debranewmanart
Arty-Farty Party
CottonKandyClown
Jody Rife
Rae
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wooo whoo!!! On a FP'G high!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wooo whoo!!! On a FP'G high!!

Post by AUSSIE3070 Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:01 am

Great work!!! I'm still working on overcoming the nerves and talk to myself before each gig...I recall the positive comments I have received in the past. I have an SMS saved in my phone too that reminds me too.

I am 5'7" and can't do the director chair thing. I prefer to sit and am going to try the 'turn a kitchen chair backwards and get the child to straddle the chair and lean forward with arms crossed on top of the chair' position.

AUSSIE3070
AUSSIE3070

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2010-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:35 am

Rae wrote:Thanks Mandie : ) Nancy, yay finally. Can't wait for more gigs but gotta start working on my marketing!! My table was actually set up to my right when I was painting (you're very observant!!) I just spun the chair around to get the happy birthday sign in the background. hehehe

Yes, I know I'm too observant, so irritating sometimes for other people Very Happy .
nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:56 am

lol Nancy, just remind them that being observant is what make you a good artist. : )

AUSSIE, I hope to try a different method using the directors chair. My hubby has an old drumming stool kicking around the place (which is height adjustable and swivels) I'm doing to try perching on that in front of the chair, which also allows me to rest my elbow on the chairs arm which will also help steady my shakes a bit. Good in theory, but really want to try it out over a lengthy rushed period to see it it's a solution.
Rae
Rae

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2011-02-09

http://www.raesfx.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:30 am

i think you did fantastic!! I actually borrowed one of your designs for my inspire file! =0) The beautiful yellow orange one from the girl in pink sequins, I think she was your niece? Well, thanks !!
Taradoodles
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:02 pm

thanks Tara but def not my design. that one i picked up from the theme of the week on birds...Silkeh posted a beautiful blue one which I loved. Specially when I was desperate for quick designs using one stroke but still packed a punch (wanted some wow for my first gig, hoping to impress some of the parents, coz the host said most of them will hang around for the whole party) : )
Rae
Rae

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Rae - bring a firm pillow with you to sit the kids up higher for you.
I'm 5.7" and I made my daughter and hubby sit in it before I bought one yesterday. I tried the black wooden one and the aluminium one and you definately are sitting up higher in the metal one - so I bought it.
It may be that the material has less give or something.
The metal one with side table was much lighter too.
( oh and I thought the side table is really good for all the drunk adults I paint at clubs who refuse to put their drink down)!

I'm saving up now to get one of these - yes I know it's complete overkill but me wants what me wants!! check it out and drool along with me.... I figure this and my chair and I'm ready to go anywhere anytime for anything.
I'm buying it - so don't try to talk me out of it!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MAKEUP-CASE-STATION-HOLLYWOOD-LIGHTS-FREE-GIFT-150-/250752202395?pt=AU_Makeup&hash=item3a61fef69b

This place is in Leichhardt - just around the corner from me so i can do pick up - but I don't like going there because I end up wanting to buy the whole damn shop! But if anyone wants something form there let me know and I'll pick it up for you.
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:06 am

I did have a pillow with, but oviously wasn't firm enough!! Going to make it to Clark Rubber one of these days to see what I can find there. ooo I'd love the aluminium one, but gotta try trouble shooting the one I have first.

Very nice, *drool drool*, well, go and buy it already!!! You've put in the painty miles. You deserve it! So close, how can you resist! It's like it's meant to be ; )
Rae
Rae

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2