Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Considering a new trolley

+4
MelindaT0813
1HappyNut
CottonKandyClown
LauraR
8 posters

Go down

Considering a new trolley Empty Considering a new trolley

Post by LauraR Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:50 am

Hi Guys,

I'm considering a trolley case to carry all my stuff in. But I can't seem to make up my mind on that one. I've seen some nice ones but I don't know if it's easy to use etc. Anyone have experiences with one of these cases? I'd like to stash everything in it or as much as possible (also water buckets etc).

Also, everyone seems to rave about the FatMax. Why?

My kit:
Considering a new trolley 006-2

Considering a new trolley 004-2

Considering a new trolley Professional_Dog_Grooming_Trolley_Case_Aluminum_Makeup

Considering a new trolley 0f893fc936996769de2c8c45046aff40

Considering a new trolley Makeuptrolley

LauraR
LauraR

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-06-18

https://www.facebook.com/metamorfaces

Back to top Go down

Considering a new trolley Empty Re: Considering a new trolley

Post by CottonKandyClown Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:36 am

I like the FatMax because it has big strong wheels that go great on grass, dirt, and gravel. It's tough and cleans up beautifully Smile I don't have to have a table. I just open it up and work right out of it. It takes 2 minutes to setup and two minutes to close up.

What are those cases lined with?

I'm always getting paint spatters and glitter in my FatMax. It's even been rained in! Just imagine an inch of water all over! Sad It was so easy to clean out though, just wipe down with paper towels Smile
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:20 am

Unfortunately those make-up cases aren't meant for the heavy duty use we give them. The wheels are not meant for anything but smooth floors... they come off or break easily.

Which is why we tend to hand out in hardware stores! Toolboxes (which can some in virtually the same configuration as that make-up trolley) are meant for hard wear and tear. And generally are cheaper too.

Considering a new trolley Fedderhead_2094_52916753
Considering a new trolley 1275817309_98506616_1-Pictures-of--HEAVY-DUTY-STANLEY-ROLLING-WORKSHOP-TOOL-BOX-COLLAPSIBLE-3-LAYERS-1275817309
Considering a new trolley Stanley26inFatmaxMetalToolbox-large

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraR Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:49 pm

CottonKandyClown wrote:I like the FatMax because it has big strong wheels that go great on grass, dirt, and gravel. It's tough and cleans up beautifully Smile I don't have to have a table. I just open it up and work right out of it. It takes 2 minutes to setup and two minutes to close up.

I'm always getting paint spatters and glitter in my FatMax. It's even been rained in! Just imagine an inch of water all over! Sad It was so easy to clean out though, just wipe down with paper towels Smile

Aaah I see! Now I understand, I can see why those wheels are much easier. I now use a grocerystore box but it's not convenient when traveling by train for example and it makes a hell of a noise too.

Considering a new trolley Klein3

LauraR
LauraR

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:39 pm

I heard Tash say that she travels to gigs on the public system and uses a backpack for her kit and a table that rolls up into a bag, for easy maneuverablity on transit and up flights of stairs. I think she might use a smaller version of a makeup kit too?

This is a link to that thread:

Click here for Tash's setup description
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by MelindaT0813 Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:01 pm

LauraR wrote:
CottonKandyClown wrote:I like the FatMax because it has big strong wheels that go great on grass, dirt, and gravel. It's tough and cleans up beautifully Smile I don't have to have a table. I just open it up and work right out of it. It takes 2 minutes to setup and two minutes to close up.

Aaah I see! Now I understand, I can see why those wheels are much easier. I now use a grocerystore box but it's not convenient when traveling by train for example and it makes a hell of a noise too.

Considering a new trolley Klein3

Don't dooo iiitt!!!!
I had a flimsy box JUST like that and it MAYBE lasted a month before not even tape could hold it together.
They are not meant for abuse.
MelindaT0813
MelindaT0813

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2011-03-16

http://www.mindyentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:23 pm

This is what I use... a large shopping trolley. Cost $19.99 at Winners.

Holds everything.

Considering a new trolley Trolley

And it in on year two with no problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:28 pm

Oooh, Shannon I love it!! Does the handle extend/is it telescopic?
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraR Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:46 pm

Don't dooo iiitt!!!!
I had a flimsy box JUST like that and it MAYBE lasted a month before not even tape could hold it together.
They are not meant for abuse.

you mean the make-up trolleys I showed? I can see why the Fat Max are populair but why are they so ugly! Sorry I'm just a sucker for design..

@Shannon: wow, that seems pretty okay to me. I'd like to be able to work from it though.
LauraR
LauraR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 pm

1HappyNut wrote:Oooh, Shannon I love it!! Does the handle extend/is it telescopic?

No. but, the bag comes completely off to wash it, the frame folds up flat with or without the bag attached, it zips closed (if not too full), the handles velcro together on top to hold it closed it the zipper is open, there is a zipped pocket inside, a clear plastic pocket on the back, a net velcro close pocket on the front, straps on both sides that you can adjust... and if you have to the wheels come off.

It is the perfect height for me... I'm 5'8" and pulling and manouvering it is really effortless, even when full.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:57 am

Shannon Fennell wrote:

It is the perfect height for me... I'm 5'8" and pulling and manouvering it is really effortless, even when full.

Wow Shannon, your online persona is SO much taller than you are. Finally, I can do SOMETHING better than you... height. Very Happy
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Lady Jayde wrote:
Shannon Fennell wrote:

Wow Shannon, your online persona is SO much taller than you are. Finally, I can do SOMETHING better than you... height. Very Happy

hahaha

@ Shannon: OH! Okay. I am a mere 5'6" so that would work fine then! It looked shorter in the photo. I remember having a cheap umbrella stroller years ago when my daughter was little, and it was too short for me to push without stooping uncomfortably. I'll never do that again if I can help it. Thanks for sharing. It sounds great! If only a magic table could spring out from it's depths... with an anchored umbrella for shade.... and while we're at it, could there be a cabana boy serving drinks, lazily waving a fan back and forth while I work? cyclops
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraR Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Okay, you guys have me convinced. I now want a Fatmax too!

It's a shame they are sooo expensive here in Holland :-(
LauraR
LauraR

Back to top Go down

Post by Painted Ink. Izzy Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:34 pm

If you have any credit cards with rewards points try turning them in for giftcards. then you only have to pay the differenct for what you can't cover with the gift cards...
Painted Ink. Izzy
Painted Ink. Izzy

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2011-06-26

http://www.faces-in-disguise.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraR Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Painted Ink. Izzy wrote:If you have any credit cards with rewards points try turning them in for giftcards. then you only have to pay the differenct for what you can't cover with the gift cards...

Sorry I don't know what you mean. My mom has a cc (which I can use), I don't..
LauraR
LauraR

Back to top Go down

Post by Painted Ink. Izzy Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:03 pm

Usually credit cards have rewards or advantage programs where you spend money and they give you like a point for every $dollar you spend or whatever. You save up those points and can trade them in for cash, giftcards, or stuff. I would ask your mom about it and see if it has something like that. If not just put a jar on your dresser with a sign that says fatmax fund and start putting extra change in it! I was able to trade in my points for 3 $10.00 giftcards to a local hardware store. That store was selling it for $79.99 and They price matched another hardware store that was selling them for $10.00 cheaper and then $30 of it was giftcards. I ended up paying only $40.00 for my fatmax out of my own pocket. I know your price there is higher but you could knock some off the price out of your pocket if there are rewards.
Painted Ink. Izzy
Painted Ink. Izzy

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2011-06-26

http://www.faces-in-disguise.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Creations Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:54 pm

I use the trolley that is in the 3 picture displayed in the post. All my stuff fits and is easy to transport so far and for $80 brand new, I am more than happy!!
Creations
Creations

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://creationsfaba.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraR Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:50 am

Tnx Kye, and how is the use on uneven grounds like grass?
LauraR
LauraR

Back to top Go down

Post by Creations Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:58 pm

A little hard to pull.. im going to see if you could chg the wheels .. maybe to 4x4 style!!, but u can all was carry it 2.. its not very heavy + equipment even. On normal ground its 100% ok
Creations
Creations

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://creationsfaba.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:40 pm

I used to have that metallic briefcase thingy. It was just too small for everything. My daughter uses, but wants her own Fatmax now.
My kit is a fatmax & my paints are kept in 2 scrapbook paper holders from walmart($5/ea). The Fatmax was on sale for $69.
Considering a new trolley Mysetu10
Considering a new trolley Paintc10Considering a new trolley Paintc11
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by LauraR Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:40 pm

I really feel like swearing because all of those handy things are eighter not available (like the scrapbook holders, the ice cube tray) or very expensive here in Holland (Fatmax).

Guess I'll just have to save up. I already have one overpriced black smartcase Neutral
LauraR
LauraR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down