Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you use a table

+8
Lynnie
Tash
Noella
SuzySparkles
JBax
debranewmanart
1HappyNut
Sparklyone
12 posters

Go down

If you use a table Empty If you use a table

Post by Sparklyone Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:55 am

Would you please share how you store and organize your supplies? I need to paint standing so figured the Fatmax was not a good investment for me, esp. since I already own a wheeled suitcase. I've been storing everything in bags and bins inside the suitcase but I am still losing glitter in transport (since things go sideways as I roll the suitcase) and I am TIRED of dealing with lids on, lids off, lids on, lids off. I hate lids! lol Seriously I do. What a Face If I go the laptop storage route for my cakes are they going to be okay stored without lids and not dry out?

I'm toying with the idea of the Fatmax just for storage and transport but it is so expensive and bulky. I do love the thought of at least having a specific space for everything but I'm not sure there is even enough space if I carry my glitter tat stuff as well. How on earth did I wind up with so much stuff that I feel like I can't live without at a gig? pale alien cyclops No

Sparklyone

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

If you use a table Empty Re: If you use a table

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:40 pm

See my blog... link below. I have a page devoted to my kit which shows how it is stored and set-up.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks Shannon! I thoroughly enjoy all of your resources. And I sure appreciate you sharing your experience and knowledge.

Sparklyone, I will be watching this forum for replies as I too am curious. I anticipate more standing while painting and have been looking into a tall table but wonder about set up, take down, and transport. I have been doing some research and I see that there are a LOT of people who love their FatM@x/style carriers. It seems to make the most sense... and yet it doesn't make perfect sense. So I am still researching and weighing pros and cons, and trying to come up with ideas.

I have back issues and I think that bending over to the F@tMax/style carrier each time would cancel out any benefits of painting while standing. I like the idea of it for storage and transport, for fast and easy set up and clean up... but it's just not quite tall enough?
So I've been trying to think of ideas to make it taller, and/or attach a small work surface/table. I have seen the ones people here have put on their lids that look like trays. I suppose a 'lift' could be put underneath to raise it up, but I'm thinking at about 28" tall for the FM (is that before or after it's opened up?) it would have to be raised too much for my comfort, and now that 'lifted' tray has just become bulky, cumbersome and one more thing to transport?

I saw this organizer/table and while it's heavy and doesn't seem like a better solution by any means, it gave me pause with the flip-up table. I've been thinking of ways to incorporate it, especially if I could do it tall enough (say...38" to 40"?). I've been scouring for suitable pre-made drawers that I could adapt with it, and add wheels/a handle. But so far I haven't found anything remotely suitable.

[img]If you use a table Porta-10[/img]

I like the idea of less is more for transport, etc. I suppose I could use a FMax plus table. Like this one.

http://www.pcconnectionexpress.com/1/1/8768-da-lite-screen-company-inc-da-lite-project-o-table-model-425-deluxe-projection-table-telescoping-legs-42067.html

I would have to make my own version though... the price is outrageous for what I want to use it for.
And the work surface isn't very large (meant for a projector) but I could make it 36" square and just put my water container and whatever colours/itmes I am using at the time, onto it.

I saw this and thought it would be a great idea if it were on a larger scale.

http://www.makeupcreations.com/zoom-JaponesqueProfessionalAluminumSeriesMakeupCase-open.htm

So then I found THIS beauty but it is far, far too big and cumbersome. I think it would almost be my perfect solution if it was only as deep (and light?) as the FMax.
(*edited: This is wheeled, with a telescopic handle, btw)

[url=If you use a table Beauty-case]

*sigh*

I feel that there is a really good solution out there. I just have to find it
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by debranewmanart Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:21 pm

One way to cut down on glitter problems is to use Lisa Joy Young's suggestion. She only uses irridescent glitter. Since it picks up the color of whatever is underneath it, you only need the one color!

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

Post by 1HappyNut Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Yes, but not if you do glitter tattoos...
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Check this out... kit and table in one.

http://www.artistsonthego.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JBax Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:14 pm

I love my fatmax, and it's really only as heavy as all the stuff you put in it. I only use it for larger jobs, like festivals. I stand to paint, and it works out fine. I also have a small table (like 2x3) that I use sometimes (I like to use the fatmax as a seat for me if it's a really long day of painting, puts me at a good height to still paint).
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:28 pm

where is that portable storage drawer thing from? i like that
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:46 pm

SuzySparkles wrote:where is that portable storage drawer thing from? i like that

Me too... do you have the link?

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:54 pm

I don't know if it is the same place she found it, but I found it on a DJ site:
http://www.idjnow.com/StoreModules/ProductDetails.aspx/PID=PORTA-DRAWER
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:02 pm

$147.25?? That's not bad... kit box and table in one. hmmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:17 pm

ok I think I"m going to have to take pictures of my kit.... I'll see if I can be bothered today or not... lol....

I have a backpack - a really good one I lucked out on - that holds my three laptops ( yes I store all my paints in the laptops with no lids - they are fine if the laptop stays closed), the backpack also has my towel and table cloth, and anything I may need from my handbag like a camera/phone etc.
Then I have my make-up case - it's a metal black and purple one with two pull out tiers and a segregated bottom. It holds everything from my glitters to my brush holders,mirrors,cards,wipes extra paints like TAG splits etc.
I have a table that rolls up and goes in a bag over my shoulder -it's heaps light weight... weights nothing at all but is not the sturdiest thing ever so I have to stop kids leaning on it.
I like having my kit on my body when it's packed up - that way if I have to get public transport to a gig or if I have to get up 5 flights of stairs when I get there I can.
If you want pictures let me know - my clients always tell me they are amazed that I can get all my stuff packed up so quickly and so compact.
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:44 pm

I have a table I bought from naughty word's Sporting goods. Stands about 3' high (maybe more), is about 5' long and 3' wide. Folds in half and hooks closed for transport.
I have a case that was meant for scrapbook or bead storage. All 3 of my laptops, my cards, mirrors, photos, signs, laminated cards, sponges, brushes, etc. fit inside it. It has a telescoping handle and wheels. I put my water bucket, a bowl that holds my smaller things (liquid bling, detailz, pouncers in a jar) and my baby wipes in the trash bin, rest it on top of the rolling case, carry my chair over my opposite shoulder and my table like a suitcase and away I go.
Lynnie
Lynnie

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2010-02-09

http://www.artful-body.com

Back to top Go down

Post by estelle Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:15 am

I just buy it in a hardware store is a Tool Trolley with plastic toolbox available inside (I put my sponge), the bottom part is a great tray that comes off (I put my book, mirror and towels) to € 30, when I get a gig organizers make available a table and chairs, but here in France is not as facepainting known that the U.S. is working much less than you .... If you use a table P1030810
estelle
estelle

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyamaldo119 Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:58 am

I work with a table and pack all of my stuff in a suitcase since my fatmax fell apart. I just started using a caboodle for my brushes sponges and q-tips. If I have larger events I put my sponges in a storage bin under the table. The paint and lid thing I'm still working on. All of my solid paradise paints are in a laptop case that they sell for it but all of my splits and blending cakes I lay out on the table and take the lids off one by one. I think I may buy the scrapbook case for those to make that faster.

If you use a table Dsc07510
tanyamaldo119
tanyamaldo119

Number of posts : 334

http://www.misstanyasfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparklyone Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Somehow I lost this thread to see responses - thank you so much everyone for taking the time to post your pics and ideas! I love you Tash I would love to see yours if you have the time!

I do glitter tats but do have a rolling scrapbook case I can use for fp-only events. I still can't seem to minimize my "stuff" to fit in there, though. I have a collapsable step-stool, towels, acrylic sign holders, my personal stuff..it's crazy. I need to get it all out and take a pic then ask everyone to help me consolidate. sunny

Sparklyone

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyamaldo119 Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:31 pm

This is how I fit everything in my suitcase...

If you use a table Dsc07910

And this is what it looks like all laid out on my table...

If you use a table Dsc07810

It's been working out for me so far.
tanyamaldo119
tanyamaldo119

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparklyone Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:35 pm

Very helpful! Such a pretty and tidy set up, thank you so much for taking the time to share! I love you

Sparklyone

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyamaldo119 Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:38 pm

No problem. I face paint at Red Robins on Tuesdays and it's usually a little slow so I thought about this thread and decided to take a pic.
tanyamaldo119
tanyamaldo119

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:53 pm

I just use a table they have (normal height) my tall chair & open my case (see avatar) super simple.
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janet@ Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:12 pm

Shannon Fennell wrote:Check this out... kit and table in one.

http://www.artistsonthego.com/
Vi from Sparkiling faces has a video of this case but she says its great but preaty heavy.

janet@

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down