Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the strangest thing you've been asked to paint?

+34
acarreon
espeonn
eviedejesus
~*hysteria*~
bahacca
pinkundies
CottonKandyClown
TheGildedCat
VictoriaS
Debi's Doodles
JBax
LanaCJ
smitty225
photomomma6
Magic
Ashley Pickin
Carissalc
face frenzy ak
starponysmama
Painted Dragon
Lady Jayde
Heather Timmons
Judy
reneec808
cassandra
hannah scrivener
colormyworld
glendaoneill
Cherylk
Winger1200
WyndyO
Metina
LoneWolf
Criss
38 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What's the strangest thing you've been asked to paint? Empty What's the strangest thing you've been asked to paint?

Post by Criss Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:16 am

What's the strangest thing you have been asked to paint? A request that stumped you, or made you laugh so hard you almost fell out of your chair?

I had a kid one time who wanted a full face design of an armadillo, I had no idea how. As the only thing I knew about armadillo's was; they have long noses and curl into a ball? lol
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

What's the strangest thing you've been asked to paint? Empty Re: What's the strangest thing you've been asked to paint?

Post by LoneWolf Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:32 am

I had a girl that wanted to be painted as food! No specific kind, just food. Ended up painting a birthday cake.

The strangest bodypaint request is a tractor. The guy was a farmer *lol*
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2008-10-04

http://www.lone-wolf.dk

Back to top Go down

What's the strangest thing you've been asked to paint? Empty Re: What's the strangest thing you've been asked to paint?

Post by Metina Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:40 am

Mine was a hampster. Seems totally legit, but I didn't have a clue where to start. I also took a class from Raphiel Fieldhouse and she showed us a painting she did as a bloody jelly donut. Now that is out there!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:44 pm

A Bingo Dauber.... I did it, but only because I had been looking at them at the dollar store a week or so earlier!!

I've been asked for a hamster and it is in my book now.
I've been asked for tractors too - farming is the #2 industry here after oil & gas.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:27 pm

What's the strangest thing you've been asked to paint? KillerGoldfish

When I was on a workshop at Facepaint-UK, my sister asked Bibi to be painted as a killer goldfish! *lol*
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:24 pm

Hey ! I have pictures that the Wolfe's painted of an armadillo and a tractor. So funny. Guys love their wheels! from motorcycle to car to tractors to monster trucks! Armadillos I kinda get if you are from Texas or Florida maybe. (mostly they are roadkill here - and put holes in your yard! or if you are lucky they dig a five foot deep hole under your shrubs to build their dens!!)

My wierdest request was the girl who wanted not a fish on her face, but to "be the fish". Not my best work but it is fun when a kid challenges your imagination - which is what makes this one of the best jobs in the world!
WyndyO
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:58 am

Had a girl once that wanted to be painted as a Bratz doll.. do you have them in US? I think they are incredible ugly, so my painting did not end good!

Would like to see the armadillo pictures =)
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:05 am

Sure would! lol
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by Winger1200 Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:35 am

Saturday one customer wanted a cross on her arm with RIP across the center and Timmy vertically.
Winger1200
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherylk Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:51 am

I haven't had any weird requests, yet! But these made me laugh! hehe Smile

Cherylk

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by glendaoneill Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:27 pm

My friend had a request for a meerkat. I've had tractors too....... and JCB diggers

Glenda
glendaoneill
glendaoneill

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by colormyworld Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:07 pm

My aunt wants me to paint a target on her (ready-to-pop) pregnant belly, lol.
colormyworld
colormyworld

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-06-23

http://www.sporktacularcreations.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:04 pm

Ha ha ha, i love the target idea.

Okay, the most bizarre paint request I ever had was about ten years ago at a fair. One of the workers came up and asked me if I could paint two M's. As in the letter M? I said sure, of course I could do that. I asked him where he wanted them and he turned around, started to drop his drawers. He told me he wanted one on each buttock. So when he bent over it said "MOM" and when he stood on his head it would say "WOW" I laughed so hard, cuz I didn't know what else to do. Then I told him I would love to paint the letter M on his arm. LOL
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

What's the strangest thing you've been asked to paint? Empty Pics of Armadillo and Tractor per earlier discussion

Post by WyndyO Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:58 pm

I figure it is alright if I show these here since I am giving full and complete credit to the Wolfe Brothers.

Tractor is from FPBAC in Jan 09 in Orlando. (Easy to switch up/mod design to two big same size wheels and changing cab to more forward and add some cool truck details to make it a monster truck!)
Armadillo if FABAIC in May 09 in Orlando.
Enjoy!

[url=]What's the strangest thing you've been asked to paint? Wolfeb11[/url]

[url=]What's the strangest thing you've been asked to paint? Armadi11[/url]

Last edited by WyndyO on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:42 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : remove duplicate images)
WyndyO
WyndyO

Back to top Go down

Post by WyndyO Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Sorry - been so long since I uploaded I doubled the pics!!! Whoops. Fixed Now....

Last edited by WyndyO on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit comment)
WyndyO
WyndyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:23 pm

I am sure the Wolfe Brothers would be totally fine with posting any of their pics. At the class I took with them they were adimant about posting their pics all of the net and even told us to take credit. I wouldn't take credit, but one of these days I will post some of the pics from the class. I am trying to find this awesome Star Wars scene they did for another post.
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hannah scrivener Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:16 pm

wow im amazed these are so creative! good job to the wolfe brothers...the most interesting thing i was asked to paint was from a 6 year old boy and he wanted a cross down the middle of his face and scriptures painted in black on his cheeks, so i had to carefully write jesus is the way, the truth and the life on one side and God is love on the other. then he wanted it embossed with gold glitter.
hannah scrivener
hannah scrivener

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-12

http://www.funkyfairyparties.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Hmm... that would almost be in my "inappropriate" category unless it was a church run event.

Back to top Go down

Post by cassandra Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:06 am

I have a crazy fun loving girlfriend. We were talking about her next visit to the Gynie and she suggested painting two eyes and a nose on one inner thigh, sideways of course. Use your imagination. Laughing

Can you imagine that poor doc's reaction? Priceless!
cassandra
cassandra

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by colormyworld Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:23 am

My one roommate keeps telling me instead of face painting I should do naughty word painting.

You know...I should totally paint a donkey next time he says that.
colormyworld
colormyworld

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-06-23

http://www.sporktacularcreations.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:39 am

lmdo.......laughing my donkey off!!!!!!
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:10 am

I did a baseball tournament today and a little boy wanted me to paint a black wild pig.....I guess I need to learn how..His father is a hunter
reneec808
reneec808

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Judy Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:44 pm

My very first official try at face painting a girl asked for:: A blue footed booby! This bird is the school's mascot so it was a good thing that the mother had a shirt with a picture on it. As long as I have a picture of it I can usually do it so it turned out pretty good.....
Judy
Judy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-08-01

http://www.facefx.info

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:07 am

hannah scrivener wrote:wow im amazed these are so creative! good job to the wolfe brothers...the most interesting thing i was asked to paint was from a 6 year old boy and he wanted a cross down the middle of his face and scriptures painted in black on his cheeks, so i had to carefully write jesus is the way, the truth and the life on one side and God is love on the other. then he wanted it embossed with gold glitter.

Not so much into painting religious symbols on kids. But maybe it is just be. I think children should be able to decide for them self, when they are old enough. Smile
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Timmons Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Ok...got one Saturday at a 'Diversity Fair'.....

Got a sweet little girl, all of 4 years old. I have 'specific' photos posted of what I'd paint...and she is adamant I paint a 'Rainbow Pig' on her cheek!

I ask her if it's a cartoon character or a book character, and no, it's just something she REALLY wants. Her dad is with her and is dumbfounded as to why she wants this...and has no clue where she is coming up with it...

Since she's so cute and batting her long eyelashes at me, and saying, 'Please ma'am'....I give it my best.

I just happened to have a little rainbow 'Arty Cake' on me...so I daub on a circle for the face in rainbow color...then did front legs and a tail and ears in 'pig pink'. I did the line work in black and made a piggy tail in black and pink.

She was so happy and her dad was like 'Thank you...that was so kind of you to do it and WOW..that really looks amazing actually!' He tipped me well!

Unfortunately I was so busy I didn't get a picture! Darn it!

I laugh whenever I think about it now!
Heather Timmons
Heather Timmons

Number of posts : 786
Registration date : 2008-09-28

http://www.catsmeowinfo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next