Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats up with both prices

+9
AUSSIE3070
Smiley813622
Mug Shots
debranewmanart
Mandi from Tazzie
daydreamer
AngieAnders
Lady Jayde
Monster Princess Art
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

whats up with both prices  Empty whats up with both prices

Post by Monster Princess Art Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Ok Shannon I know u have missed me rofl, ( I drive her crazy, in a good way, I think hehe Wink ) but OMGosh there has been such a flood of new face painters up here since I shut down to go to school, I cant believe it. It's great but, these tinny little street fairs here that are charging full and high prices to the painters and the painters are paying it! It is driving me to drink! Ok I know this will stir the pot but hey we are entertainers and in a lot of city people are terrified of us and our paints because of uneducated painters and so on. Ok I have been out of the loop that's a, give me, but come on affraid $75 bucks for one night 6pm to 9pm a week with free painters using poster paint in a tinny town where half the population leaves for the summer? really? Stand up for your self guys, you are a commodity, a draw, not saying we should not pay just saying when it comes to some events, some are so small they should split the both price or even pay u to come in some cases. My point, you are worth more and in a small town u maybe lucky to clear 100 bucks were the peps are looking at ya like your trying to lick there kid. It took me a year to get the moms around here to not be afraid of me and.... OK I am starting to wine. You get my point, competition is good for us, look how amazing you all have gotten while i was off learning to do hair but at what point do we surrender into the roll of vender or keep fighting to maintain our entertainer statues? confused
Monster Princess Art
Monster Princess Art

Number of posts : 301
Location : Chico, Orland, Corning and about any where a paying gig is :D
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

whats up with both prices  Empty Re: whats up with both prices

Post by Lady Jayde Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:10 pm

I have to agree to an extent... as long as there are painters who will gladly pay the exorbitant fees to take their chances, the festivals/events will continue to refuse to see the benefit of having a face painter on the premises and lower the fee to reflect the win win. I have no problem walking away from an event that I suspect won't be worth my while, but there are so many here who will gladly jump at the chance.
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Unfortunately, "all good things must come to an end". With the internet and tons of tutorials out there, super-easy access to products, and awesome message boards like these where you can learn how to get your foot in the business, we will see an overwhelming influx of painters with lower rates and willing to pay full price for expensive vendor spots that probably won't pay off for them.

This is just a fact of life that comes with the changing of times... I'm trying to ride this wave as long as I can, and enjoy every minute. I'm hoping I will know when it's time to jump off.

Jeez, that sounds depressing... LOL. Welcome back Monster Princess, I've missed ya!
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by daydreamer Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:36 pm

You speak quite accurately I'm afraid, Angie Crying or Very sad
daydreamer
daydreamer

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Princess Art Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:11 pm

ya I guess that's kinda what i was hinting at. but maybe just maybe if we grab some of the newbies and start taken them under our wing instead of treating them like compaction we can start curving that wave or at lest take off the crest... kinda how the clowns did with there mafia I mean union Wink No that's not to say I think we should start a union just start making it a point to collect minions and set them straight.
Monster Princess Art
Monster Princess Art

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Princess Art Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:12 pm

and Angie look at your work!!! OMGosh wow chicky!! ugg everyone is now wiping the floor with me lol
Monster Princess Art
Monster Princess Art

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:10 pm

Monster Princess Art wrote:but maybe just maybe if we grab some of the newbies and start taken them under our wing instead of treating them like compaction we can start curving that wave or at lest take off the crest...

That's what we do here on FPF. Cool LOL

And hey, no one could ever wipe the floor with you! Your work is awesome!
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:11 pm

They may be paying the big vendor fee now, but surely they won't last the test of time. They'll work out their paying out more than they can make, & who can afford to keep that up!
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03

http://www.mandifacepaintingsupplies.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by debranewmanart Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm with Mandi...Good ones will last...bad ones won't. It is a LOT of work to get ready for a festival. Many people won't do more than a few, then they'll be gone.

debranewmanart

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2011-06-26

https://www.facebook.com/debranewmanart

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Princess Art Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:11 am

ugg u guys are right, I got lucky when I started here. There really wasn't a lot of competition and I did have great support like u guys and opened a lot of doors in my little towns. I need to chill, just get back to painting and let my work speak for its self. Thanks everyone
And.... I know that's what the chat if for Ang lol but, wow from the way other face painters act toured each other up here I have a lot of work to do getting this chat out to all the newbies in my area.
Monster Princess Art
Monster Princess Art

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Princess Art Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am

and here is something I have been practicing, ready... "clear throat"...... mmmm
Thank you.
I am working on, thank you, with out excuses rofl scratch Its harder then it looks.
Monster Princess Art
Monster Princess Art

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:08 am

I'm just going to ride it out as well... there's no way I'm going to take someone under my wing so that she can then be more empowered to stab me in the back... sorry...nope.

I'm getting my surf board out of storage...
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Princess Art Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:29 pm

hehe I can see your point. The Kevlar vest I ware around can get heavy but it works for me Wink
Monster Princess Art
Monster Princess Art

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Cream rises to the top... right?

I've had several cream teas here in the UK ... yum!!! And Cornish Pasties... tonight we are having fish & chips and spam fritters!

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Princess Art Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:52 pm

other then the spam I'm so with ya! Wink hehe
Monster Princess Art
Monster Princess Art

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:19 pm

Monster Princess Art wrote:hehe I can see your point. The Kevlar vest I ware around can get heavy but it works for me Wink
LMBO! I need to get one of those... I swear sometimes I wonder if there isn't a bullseye on my back! It's hard work not being phased by the antics of others...
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by Mug Shots Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:49 am

There was a festival I wanted to go to so badly. A biker rally, of all places. Family friendly, and looked like SO much fun... They wanted $750 for 3 days. I nearly stroked. I tried to explain to them that I am NOT in the Harley Davidson family, I am a housewife who loves to paint and make kids smile, but no dice. Had the same thing happen at a 4th of July celebration, and they wanted $350 for 1 day.... sheesh! Passed on them both...
Mug Shots
Mug Shots

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://mugshotsfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Princess Art Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:44 am

it just kills me they do this. Especially when lessening to counsel members complain that all they can get at there fair and events are corporate out of town stuff. I get it they need to make a lot of money but I think the money they would loss on giving locals a brake on both rent would be made up buy people wanting to come see the local artisans instead of just being drug there buy there kids and trying to get out as fast as they can.
Monster Princess Art
Monster Princess Art

Back to top Go down

Post by Smiley813622 Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:08 pm

$350 for one day is nuts! I guess if you are big business then yeah you can afford it....but people like me.....nope.Crying or Very sad

btw...talking about newbies...you think the new Snazaroo commercial will create more painters??
Smiley813622
Smiley813622

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-07-10

http://www.enchantedfaceart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mug Shots Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:35 pm

I don't think I have seen the snaz commercial? But, yeah, probably! lol I also think, tho, that 1) FP'rs are a special breed, and 2) so are business owners. It takes a lot more to run this as a legit business than most ppl think about...
Mug Shots
Mug Shots

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://mugshotsfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Princess Art Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:12 am

Na with as much as I use snaz and like it for little kids.. well its not the easiest paint to use.
Monster Princess Art
Monster Princess Art

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:54 am

I'm fortunate to be on friendly terms with most of the painters in my area. We refer work back and forth and get together sometimes. There are a few in the area that I either don't know or have had bad experiences with, and I just avoid them whenever humanly possible. Neutral
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Princess Art Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:33 am

ugg I wish I could get the painters here to do that Angie.. but usually when they find out that I am MP they start looking like I am going to eat there solos.... I just keep trying though lol maybe its the horns. I should start a support group for the Cornu inflicted. heheh
Monster Princess Art
Monster Princess Art

Back to top Go down

Post by AUSSIE3070 Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:10 am

I was outraged the the first time I was told that I was able to provide my services at a market 'free of charge to those attending'. They said they didn't pay for 'entertainment' and that I would get 'free marketing opportunities as they will advertise free face painting'.

I couldn't believe that they expected me to paint for free! I was happy to pay for the booth but then they wanted to charge me for a "business booth". Needless to say I declined the offer and had to really bite my tongue because I trully wanted to let them know where they could shove their 'offer'!
AUSSIE3070
AUSSIE3070

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2010-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by caro Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:18 am

AngieAnders wrote:Unfortunately, "all good things must come to an end". With the internet and tons of tutorials out there, super-easy access to products, and awesome message boards like these where you can learn how to get your foot in the business, we will see an overwhelming influx of painters with lower rates and willing to pay full price for expensive vendor spots that probably won't pay off for them.

This is just a fact of life that comes with the changing of times... I'm trying to ride this wave as long as I can, and enjoy every minute. I'm hoping I will know when it's time to jump off.

Jeez, that sounds depressing... LOL. Welcome back Monster Princess, I've missed ya!

That is so well put. (what she says!!)
caro
caro

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next