Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats your Best time?

+10
Manabanana
Taradoodles
HappyVickery
AUSSIE3070
Krissiemarie
len sherrard
Criss
Griffinblue
makin faces by synni
Nicole @ Face-a-Rama
14 posters

Go down

Whats your Best time? Empty Whats your Best time?

Post by Nicole @ Face-a-Rama Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:31 am

I did private party this weekend for 2 hours. I was able to paint all of the kids who wanted to be painted in this time frame. So to make a long story short. I painted about 10 full faces and about 5 cheek/arm in this 2 hr span.

I was wondering whats your best time (mins or hrs) to do the same thing? I think I was slow, but hey...Im a newbie.

Some pix are below. And yes, I can use more practice. Feel free to give advise and tips on painting and my designs. If you see a design you created please let me know and I will give credit. Just means I loved your work.

Whats your Best time? Dsc02410
Whats your Best time? Dsc02411 Whats your Best time? Dsc02412 Whats your Best time? Dsc02413
Nicole @ Face-a-Rama
Nicole @ Face-a-Rama

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Whats your Best time? Empty Re: Whats your Best time?

Post by makin faces by synni Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:36 am

really like that dragon looks cool. in fact they all look great good job!
makin faces by synni
makin faces by synni

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2010-03-15

http://	facebook.com/synni80

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffinblue Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:44 am

Love you faces!

So basically you did 15 different designs in 2 hrs. Not bad when you consider getting them in and out of your chair, a d half the time you are trying to figure out what they want. I had a really big corporate event this weekend, and had a streak of prob 25 girls/women who all wanted the same one sided butterfly. I am sure I was under 3 minutes each on them. Truly, the more you do, the faster it goes, but I think I normally do a 5 minute face, or more with smaller events. And I've painted nearly every weekend for 3 years:)
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:45 am

For bday parties I always say 2hrs, but that's because the kids run around, play games and eat cake. For larger events and high volume events, I have different designs that I offer. For high volume, I have a selection of simple full faces that take 3 to 4 min, works great. For the larger events, my designs take between 4 to 6 min.
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by len sherrard Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:27 am

I was doing a fund raiser, where I was to only paint the wait staff. Last year it was 14 faces to be done in an hour, this year they ran in 23 wait staff on me, I did them all in 90 min. No one got to choose a design, and only the first two got to choose a color. The guys all got tribals, and the girls were eye sweeps or floweral eye designs. Talk about moving...I think the slowest part was getting them into and out of the chairs, and if I made a mistake I just covered it in glitter Very Happy
len sherrard
len sherrard

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-12-29

http://www.ellensburgfaceart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissiemarie Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:21 am

Working 8 hour days at the theme parks, I was taught and had it drilled into me to get all the designs in 5 minutes or less. But now on my own I like to take a little more time.
Krissiemarie
Krissiemarie

Number of posts : 622

https://www.facebook.com/facepaintingbykristina

Back to top Go down

Post by AUSSIE3070 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:14 am

Wow...the quality is great . . . you should be proud of yourself!

now it's just about practice and getting faster.

10 full faces in 1hr is what you eventually want to achieve...that's 6mins per full face and 2-3mins for cheek art - which I find hard because some fiddly designs take up to 5-6mins. That's why I avoid cheek art and prefer 1/2face or masks.

Keep up the great work!
AUSSIE3070
AUSSIE3070

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2010-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffinblue Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:15 am

AUSSIE3070 wrote:Wow...the quality is great . . . you should be proud of yourself!

now it's just about practice and getting faster.

10 full faces in 1hr is what you eventually want to achieve...that's 6mins per full face and 2-3mins for cheek art - which I find hard because some fiddly designs take up to 5-6mins. That's why I avoid cheek art and prefer 1/2face or masks.

Keep up the great work!

Cheek art always take me longer too! I do so much better with "sweeping" brush strokes:)
Griffinblue
Griffinblue

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:55 am

I don't like most cheek art either. Although, at a party, I had a little boy request an Angry bird! That was fun, plus the dad paid 7 dollars, and tipped me 5 for it....so that helped me like cheek art a lot more that day!
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taradoodles Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 am

I do mostly cheek art, or small designs on hands and arms. Im still new to full faces n masks. I love the small designs and can churn out pretty quickly actually! I ask kids to pick out their favorite thing before they sit down and I paint it. This has worked at daycares and volunteer events Ive done. I cant wait to get faster with my full faces, they stump me most times!
Taradoodles
Taradoodles

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2011-04-03

http://www.taradoodles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:28 am

I love your dragon... mind if I put that in my inspiration file?
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole @ Face-a-Rama Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Manabanana I borrowed this from Tag body Art site. The tutorial is attached. I will be watching again myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DMVAOam608
Nicole @ Face-a-Rama
Nicole @ Face-a-Rama

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole @ Face-a-Rama Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:28 pm

HappyVickery wrote:I don't like most cheek art either. Although, at a party, I had a little boy request an Angry bird! That was fun, plus the dad paid 7 dollars, and tipped me 5 for it....so that helped me like cheek art a lot more that day!

I find that cheek is more detailed and takes me longer and the bigger the design the faster. I will try that glitter mistake technique. lol. Yes I will need to practice, practice, practice to get faster. Tomorrow I have day camp with 55 students. I will see how that goes
Embarassed Wink
Nicole @ Face-a-Rama
Nicole @ Face-a-Rama

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:53 pm

oh, super cool and THANKS for the link. flower
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Very nice work!! I love the pink spidey idea too!! I've been face painting for 15 years but haven't ever really gotten into full faces. I'm just finally starting to offer them this summer, so it's nice to hear everyone's times. I can do cheek art in my sleep...simple ones in less than a minute (cherries, rainbows, etc), more detailed ones (Disney princesses with eyelashes and the works) in maybe 3 min. I usually tell people I can do 40 faces per hour. But, with full faces, I'll have to figure that out...I don't even know what to estimate yet!
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Annette Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:57 pm

At this past weekend's event I had my assistant keep track of how many faces I painted. I averaged about 20 per hour. Which is 3 min faces........it was free to the public so I made sure I had simple choices up. No cheek art.

Annette

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-10-04

http://www.facestofollow.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Like your froggy Gretch!
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole @ Face-a-Rama Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:48 pm

40!!!! WOW. I would love to see you in action. Have you even video taped yourself face painting? This question is for everyone also.
Nicole @ Face-a-Rama
Nicole @ Face-a-Rama

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:24 pm

I'm about to do my first birthday party this coming Friday and I've been filled with anxiety about my speed (or lack there of). I've had nightmares and tummy aches about it. I'm practicing lots and I've gotten some of my designs down to 5-7 minutes, but there are others I'm absolutely terrified of (more like 15 minutes for some). BUT, I'm excited that tomorrow afternoon I have reserved a friends 10 year old daughter and I'm going to have her time me. Good idea on the video taping, someone recommended that to me recently and I had forgotten all about that! I'm gonna do that tomorrow too =). Then on Wednesday I have posted on Facebook that I'll be home between a certain time slot and I've invited everyone I know locally to come over and let me paint their kiddos for free. I really need to practice that Dragon you did, you did a really good job with it!
Annette-WOW...20 an hour?! I don't know how you do it, I'd love to see a video of that just to oooh and ahhh at your speed!
Stacia
Stacia

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2010-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/BoiseFacePainting

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:52 pm

Weird, I replied to this a while ago but it didn't post! Anyway, no, I haven't recorded myself but that would be a cool idea! Of course 40/hr is a pretty grueling pace with a steady line and only my simplest cheek designs. I'd much rather not push it THAT hard, since I like to add more details when I have time, but my designs are flexible like that I guess. I just got home from a 3 hour "National Night Out" gig I do every year, and this year I took a tally as I went...did 110 kids in 3 hours. I stand up 3 hrs later pretty stiff! I think I'm getting too old for that! ;-) It's a pretty steady stream and everyone gets painted only once. I'd love to be able to offer more intricate designs, and have suggested to my client that they hire two artists to keep the line down. But, now that they see that I can handle every kid myself, I don't think they see the need. It all makes me really want to get into belly painting so I can really sit and put some time and talent into a work of art!! But, that's my most "extreme" gig.

Stacia, don't worry! You'll do great!!! And I don't think anybody will care about your speed at a birthday. They'll be too mesmerized by your talent! Usually the kids who aren't getting painted are having fun playing or doing other activities. It can feel like everyone's just waiting and getting bored, but just watching your friends get painted is entertainment too! Worst case you go over the time you allotted, maybe you don't get paid for that time, but it'll be a learning experience and you can tweak things as you go. If you're terrified about certain designs, leave them out! No sense worrying yourself. Just getting that first birthday under your belt will make you feel SO much better for the next one, and you can introduce a couple new designs at a time. Good luck!!!
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole @ Face-a-Rama Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi all,
Ok I did a school yesterday.
Half eye: butterflies, spidermans, abstract, dragons.
4 hours for about 55 students and staff.
SOOOOOO.... 13-14 designs an hr. I guess I could take off the time where kids were not sure what they wanted and getting out of chair. I tried to have them look at the mirror on the other side of the table so I could start on someone else. Tell me what you think... Well everyone was VERY pleased. I will post pictures later.
IM STILL SLOW. BETTER THE QUALITY WAS GREAT. (TO ME...THAT IS) LOL.
Nicole @ Face-a-Rama
Nicole @ Face-a-Rama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down