Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd time practicing, First time designs

+9
CottonKandyClown
vivi_o7
TheGildedCat
Manabanana
MonsterKat
Psalmbook
michellesfantasyfaces
Arty-Farty Party
bdowns
13 posters

Go down

2nd time practicing, First time designs Empty 2nd time practicing, First time designs

Post by bdowns Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:25 am

So on my first practice I worked on lines, teardrops and swirls.. the basics.. that didnt seem to go so well. As my first time every using these types of paints and not really a painter at all (I just think Im crafty), I was having a hard time.. So here is my second try at practice and I figured I should just dive in and see what happens.. here is some of what I was able to do..

Well I thought I added pictures??? Dont see them?? Must have done it wrong?? I will try again later, I hear the baby waking up..
bdowns
bdowns

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

2nd time practicing, First time designs Empty Re: 2nd time practicing, First time designs

Post by bdowns Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:26 am

That tiger face was one of them... but dont know what happen to the rest of them??
bdowns
bdowns

Back to top Go down

2nd time practicing, First time designs Empty Re: 2nd time practicing, First time designs

Post by bdowns Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:48 am

2nd time practicing, First time designs 2011-015

2nd time practicing, First time designs 2011-016

2nd time practicing, First time designs 2011-017

2nd time practicing, First time designs 2011-018

2nd time practicing, First time designs 2011-019

the stripes on the arm were done after I painted the practice face and saw all of what I did wrong.. I still think its not bad for the second time with a paint brush, I am crafty darnit!! ;-)
bdowns
bdowns

Back to top Go down

Post by bdowns Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:49 am

Go easy on me please...
bdowns
bdowns

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty-Farty Party Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:56 am

What do you mean? Go easy on you??!! I think your lines are perfect and your unicorn is totally cute!
Arty-Farty Party
Arty-Farty Party

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:24 am

awesome second practices!!
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:14 am

This is great 1st time work! If you only knew what we were doing 6 yrs ago....
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by MonsterKat Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:28 pm

I think they all look great, don't be so hard on yourself!!!

Wait until you are painting those designs on a squirmy kids with a scrunched up face, lol tongue
MonsterKat
MonsterKat

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:30 pm

monkey awesome job and keep it up! Wait until a year down the road then look at these pictures again and see how far you have gone! flower
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGildedCat Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Looks great! If you're honestly looking for constructive critique, really work on getting the beginning and ends of your lines as thin as possible. You've got a handle (haha!) on brush control, it's just time to refine it. With dots, vary the sizes, it's more aesthetically pleasing and looks less intentional. Those small details really make designs pop!
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bdowns Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:24 pm

Im still trying to figure out what brushes to use for what? I have some Mark Reid rounds and #4 is what I used most, but for lines it wasnt that easy to work with.. I have seen a script liner and I do not have one of those yet and they seem to make really nice lines and points.. I didnt know anything about brushes a month ago but Im learning.. I also liked the tiger stripes better on my arm using a round filbert #6 from loew cornell, then on the practice head I did again using the #4 round mark reid.. I have been using what was recommended (per tutorials) and I guess its different for every person..

@ thegildedcat - see your lines are crisp and clean - perfect.. what are you using in that picture??

And thank you all so very much for the kind words... Means alot, makes me feel like it is possible!!
bdowns
bdowns

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:35 pm

I have a couple of Mark Reid brushes and I personally am not crazy about them. The #2 bristles is too long and harder to control, and my #4 I only use for black and I find it the hardest of my brushes to clean. They seem to fall apart quicker then my loew cornell. I just strated with the Loew Cornell and I am a lot happier with them.

I too got them because of some tutorials I watched, but doesnt mean it is the best for me. Very Happy

I like to try out my brushes too before I buy them. So I now go to Michaels and AC Moore about once a week with my 40-50% coupon to get 1 brush a week! That way I save bucks and get to see the brush and feel it out before I buy it. I like a brush that is easy to bounce back and one that will keep its point for dots.... (dots and I dont get along well, so any help the brush can give me is awesome!)

Good luck with everything, and practice always makes us closer to perfect!
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi_o7 Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:24 pm

I lke the sanke and the unicorn looks grate too!!!, for the lines I like the ones in your arm is just about practice, just go to your local art supply store and look fro some brushes, cheek the material they are made of, you can find the best brush ever made in the world but if it doesn't work for you you wont use it for sure, I have diferent brands in brushes, you just have to fell comfortable with them, also there is a tutorial video at sillyfarm.com about animal lines and prints you can see is very helpfull. good job!!!! lol!
vivi_o7
vivi_o7

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2011-02-11

http://fancydesigns.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Wow! Those are great!!!
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by OtterGirl Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:12 am

You're on your way!
OtterGirl
OtterGirl

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2011-08-26

http://thepaintedotter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by delidee32 Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Your butterfly is outstanding!!!
delidee32
delidee32

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-04-18

http://www.notjustballoons.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Just don't paint the baby...LOL clown
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:52 pm

yeah ok, what are you worried about?? Your line work is looking brilliant!! I'd never painted before either, so I know what you mean. It takes awhile to get used to using a brush. But, honestly, looks like you're already there.
Rae
Rae

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2011-02-09

http://www.raesfx.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down