Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking

+13
Psalmbook
Laurie Shoultz
HappyVickery
Metina
eva
Terina
nancy!
sunflower
Fabtastic
kat
helena
JENDZS
Jody Rife
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking - Page 2 Empty Re: Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking

Post by Ashley Pickin Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:41 am

I know you already made the board.. but these are my fast ones..

Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking - Page 2 21570510Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking - Page 2 Swirls11Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking - Page 2 35288_11Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking - Page 2 35288_10Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking - Page 2 Little10

well.. for girls at least..lol
Ashley Pickin
Ashley Pickin

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2009-06-27

http://www.picnpaint.com

Back to top Go down

Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking - Page 2 Empty Re: Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking

Post by Jody Rife Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Those are nice Ashley, thanks. Actually, I got caught in a complete downpour towards the end of the gig and the frame pics , all got ruined. No big loss, I had just used a poster frame and 4x6 photos. the frame was on its last leg anyway, so, I will make a fresh one for next time. Smile

You are right Perry. I wanted to make sure my work remained neat while doing as many as possible. So I just simplified the designs and everyone was happy and I was happy because even though, they weren't full faces, they were neat and clean. The favorite of the day was fancy eyework, similar to Ashley's up there and a Spiderman that covered 1/4 of the face modeled after the one on Angie Anders website, also a tiger eye inspired by Angie. Here are a couple that I ended up offering. The cool Spider that Pashur taught in his class was a big hit too!
Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking - Page 2 01510Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking - Page 2 01810Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking - Page 2 02910Free to the Public event but my designs are lacking - Page 2 00810
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:05 am

When I did the open house I only did faces that I would charge $3.00 for at the fair. Maybe that was a mistake but my reasoning was that my full faces are worth $8.00 and if I'm giving them away for "free" then they aren't worth that at a paid private event. I would say to parents when I handed them a card "at a party I have time to do full faces for each child, I can do about 8 to 10 per hour."

People and the shop owner were still very happy with the designs I did, I guess compared to other face painters they've seen. That's why I LOVE one-stroke cakes so much...they make everything look better and without outlines (like a wrap around snake or a dragon.)

My Summerfest folder in my gallery has a lot of quick designs but I wish I had pictures of all of them. My favorite is the tribal dragon with a snake cake (I made my husband time me when we got home because he thought it took 3 minutes...one minute flat!), small spiderman (red on forehead only...still looks great) dolphin and shark (with split cake), goldfish (with flame cake), frog (with snake cake), princess crown (any split cake), hummingbird (snake cake), eye swirls, rainbow & blossoms, arm snake (snake cake...can you tell I like the snake cake?), quick tiger nose (white muzzle, two swoopes of yellow/orange with stripes to the side)

BTW....I LOVE your fuzzy tarantula Linda! Awesome!!!!

D.
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jody Rife Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:58 am

I am planning on ordering a bunch of splits before long. I am hanging in there to wait and see some of the new Tag splits Metina is cookin up. I can't wait to go check out your designs, thanks for sharing Denise. Smile
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:22 pm

I will be ordering today. So expect the new ones to be here in about a week and a half.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jody Rife Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Sounds great Metina! Smile
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2