Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When it's free to the public?

5 posters

Go down

When it's free to the public? Empty When it's free to the public?

Post by ParTIA Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:36 pm

So, I have done lots and lots of PPF, but not as many flat rate paid by someone (I have done some, usually for a couple hours) I have a two day job, they paid me a flat rate and I am Free to the public. Here's my question: what type of designs do you offer? I am torn between:
Quick cheek or eye designs (good, but not amazing) I could do more faces and get through a line quicker, but not a ton of WOW factor.
Or
More advanced, of course keep some simple for those who don't want it all over their faces. More wow factor, but may get a long line going, since it's free.

I am concerned with the client thinking I am skimping if they are the quick designs or thinking I am not worth the value if I can't whip through them.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Tia
ParTIA
ParTIA

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://www.partiafacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

When it's free to the public? Empty Re: When it's free to the public?

Post by twobeesdesigns Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:56 pm

I recently did a 4-day event, which the committee paid me a flat rate, and then it was free to the public (but they also let me put out a tip jar, which was nice!). I had a mixture of full-face options, as well as small cheeks designs, and mask designs. My big sellers were cheeks and masks. They were quick enough to do, to move the line along at a decent pace. There was the occasional kid who wanted a full-face design..and that of course made the line go slow. I'd suggest offering maybe 3 designs for full face, half a dozen masks, and rest cheek designs. I'd like to hear how it all went, after you've done the event. Good luck!! Smile
twobeesdesigns
twobeesdesigns

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2012-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkundies Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:23 pm

I have done lots of free to public events and I make up a board of about 10 designs using all one stroke designs... Maximum design power minimum time...

I can average 2-3 minutes per face if its high volume and do one stroke tigers, cats, Spider-Man eye, princess tiara, eye designs, etc...

They look more elaborate with the one strokes and always make the clients happy they're not getting little cheek designs, plus all designs take the same amount of time... I can do a one stroke tiger in about 90 seconds if I had to lol
pinkundies
pinkundies

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-07-21

http://www.sweetcheeksfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:25 pm

I'd ask the client their preference. You can do fast faces with less zing, and bust through more people, or you could do full faces and really treat their guests like royalty. Let them decide.
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:10 pm

I would use a sign with words, rather than pictures...the only thing I would have pictures of is the cheek art-and I would keep those suuuuuuuuuuuuper simple, like basically all animal heads only, basic shapes, no more than 3 colors....spruce it up with tear drops and swirls or lightening bolts....

I think cheekart is FASTER when placed on the forehead....and it looks more like a design too.

as for faces...one stroke, all the way.
use your 1 1/2" flat for laying down bases...I keep one for red, one for green and one for white...so easy, quick and simple. I paint on the color in a swipe, and then use a damp sponge to even out the blend...takes me 1/4 of the time it takes to either paint on a base or sponge on a base.

The place to take your time is the line work...I allow myself extra time to draw the lines carefully-the end result is faster designs that still look like I didn't rush.

The only design I'll do a full face of is my cats-the tiger, cheetah, lion, kitty...but that is because I know for a fact that I get those done within 2 minutes from kid sitting down til kid gets a mirror and is cheesing to themselves whispering "Wow..."

The thing that makes a client feel they got their moneys worth is the amount of dots and sparkle/star bursts and glitter....makes your designs look more detailed, gives your faces more focal points.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down