Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the life cycle of Henna?

2 posters

Go down

What is the life cycle of Henna? Empty What is the life cycle of Henna?

Post by Metina Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:35 pm

I really didn't know what else to call it.

I am really a newbie at Henna. So I made a batch and let it sit overnight. The next day I added the oil and used it immediately and got a fab stain. Now I still have some in the bottle that is still sitting out and I put the rest in the fridge.

I know they say to freeze it, but I won't be able to use it all up after it thaws just to practice. I am just trying to figure out how it degrades and how you keep it sorta fresh for practicing and such.

Can anyone explain how long it can sit out in bottles, in the fridge and can be repeatedly thawed out and used?

Thanks!
-Metina

Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

What is the life cycle of Henna? Empty Re: What is the life cycle of Henna?

Post by Mehndi Masala Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:13 pm

This is tricky and depends on ALOT of factors so there really is no actual answer. Temp of the room, the henna brand/year and dye release factor in, your hand temp and how long you held it, how many trips the henna has made from your freezer to your hand....could be as few as 2, as many as 6 defrosts.

I will say that I never use henna on a paying client that has been out of the freezer more than once. It still works just fine on my hand and on my hair, but it's a business standard/decision more than anything else. A client is paying for the best you have to offer, so I should be offering it! Very Happy I know some artists will go up to three times, but demise is such a tricky thing that I wouldn't do it and I chalk it up to 'each thier own' and it's your business....you have to run it your way.

But if you are just practicing, I really would just keep it in the fridge or freezer (freezer is probably best) and don't worry too much...it is just practice. If your 3rd person/defrost doesn't take...no big deal!

Hope this helped!!
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down