Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update @ the Farmer's Market

+7
Laurie Shoultz
ChangingFaceDesigns
helena
cattsy
Perry Noia
Tra
Gr8ful
11 posters

Go down

Update @ the Farmer's Market Empty Update @ the Farmer's Market

Post by Gr8ful Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:41 am

This is my 3rd weekend at the Farmer's Market. I am pretty sore and exhausted from working 7 days a week right now but I am definitely building a good rep at the Farmer's Market. I sure won't get rich any time soon lol! but I am averaging about $110 on Saturdays and about $65 on Sundays. They charge me $50 a wknd for my spot and it's another $40 to drive in and out of town so I end up with $85 for the 2 days. It's still $85 more than I had before though.

Yesterday, the local newspaper was by taking pictures so of course that was the worst face I painted all day. The colors ran, the design was awful, and that's the one they got on film. Figures hey?
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Update @ the Farmer's Market Empty Re: Update @ the Farmer's Market

Post by Tra Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:00 am

maybe the picture wont turn out as bad as you think Smile and since it will now have a write up in the paper you may find yourself a bit busier now ..... hoping for the best for you!
Tra
Tra

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:14 am

Thanks Tra. (((hug))) I am fairly certain it will be bad no matter how much I hope but the weekly customers already know how I paint so that's a "whew!" I am just grateful to have an opportunity for some income during the summer when the school bus doesn't run. Every little bit helps out.
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:47 pm

great job! I don't make a fortune at the market every week either, but it IS a great way to get into the paper... I've been pictured or mentioned in the local paper 3 times, in commercials on tv for the market, and on the radio as well!! I have gotten three or four parties from the market that I never would have gotten otherwise.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by cattsy Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:12 pm

I love our local market Very Happy I've done two weekends now, and done over $100 each Saturday. Best part is, no booth fee!! they consider me "entertainment" and therefore don't charge me since I'm drawing in customers for them. Sweet deal for me!
cattsy
cattsy

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by helena Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:34 pm

Here's hoping it leads to even more lucrative business elsewhere too!
Smile
helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:02 pm

I sure wish they would lower my booth rate but I have a party booked already and another that I had to turn down because they needed someone during the same hours as I am at the market. Unfortunately they couldn't reschedule for a later time or different day. I am glad the word is going out and people are happy with my work. I can only stay local so this is working out well.

Today was pretty slow but I had a local radio station (C-95 ) come by and they took some pics too. They said they would be on the C95 website tomorrow so that's good news for me. I gave one of them a freebie and as we chatted it turns out she is a friend of my hubbie's cousin so she said she would spread the word that I am at the market. Gotta like that. Very Happy
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:03 am

The farmer's market I will be at opens this week. I am not going to set up the first day. I am just going to pass out business cards/post cards letting people know I will be there weekly. I will actually start on the 23rd.
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurie Shoultz Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm sending good wishes your way.

It does look like the advertisement fairy is fluttering around you though.
Thats a blessing. Good luck, it will pick up.
Laurie Shoultz
Laurie Shoultz

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Laurie Shoultz wrote:I'm sending good wishes your way.

It does look like the advertisement fairy is fluttering around you though.
Thats a blessing. Good luck, it will pick up.

Yup..that's what I was thinking too. LOL I am happy to receive any assistance I can to keep the wolves from our door. flower
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Skidzz Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:48 am

Positive, Be Positive!!! Say today will be the best day yet! I WILL get lots of bookings, and lots of faces to paint!

Say what you want, believe it will happen, and then receive it!!!

Kind of like the Kevin Costner movie Field of Dreams, If you build it they will come.... You set up, believe they will come, and they will!!! Smile
Skidzz
Skidzz

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.facepaintingcolorado.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jody Rife Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Hopefully you will get some good leads from the market. Hey, you are putting yourself in the public eye and making yourself known so that is really great.

It's funny, I called about our local farmer's market and the gentleman seemed all for it but then he said, "Wait,... you are going to be CHARGING for face painting?" I said, "Yes, that is my business" He said he would check with the board and has never called me back after 3wks. As you can tell , face painting is still a little new in this area. Oh well, I am now busy every day that I would have been able to be there. So maybe just wasn't meant to be.
Jody Rife
Jody Rife

Number of posts : 1725
Registration date : 2011-02-19

http://www.jodyrife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terina Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Jodi...it took me a while to get into ours too because it is not herbal food items. But fortunately they began to see it as entertainment. I am not there all the time though as that I have other things booked. I am just "invited" for special times. But, it is good advertising to the community.
Terina
Terina

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2010-09-27

http://www.royalmagicevents.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Jody Rife wrote:It's funny, I called about our local farmer's market and the gentleman seemed all for it but then he said, "Wait,... you are going to be CHARGING for face painting?" I said, "Yes, that is my business" He said he would check with the board and has never called me back after 3wks. As you can tell , face painting is still a little new in this area. Oh well, I am now busy every day that I would have been able to be there. So maybe just wasn't meant to be.

Maybe bring in some samples and go painted yourself so he can see you are not one of those "Free Facepaint" quality artists. You could mention that it will bring more families in if there is something for the kids too? Just a thought and I am not trying to butt in..honest. Smile I'm glad to hear you're busy anyway though. cheers

As for the free advertising, I can't find a single pic that the radio and paper took. ??? They said it would be posted on Monday but I can't find them. Figures. lol
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi_o7 Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:38 pm

You know the street fairs and market's doesn't live you that much money but it's a grate opportunity for marketing!!, already you have pics in the news, and everybody is knowing your work, so then just wait the will be calling you, and I tell you if they are happy with your work they become loyal, they will call you for every event!!, good luck!!!
vivi_o7
vivi_o7

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2011-02-11

http://fancydesigns.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8ful Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Here's the C95 girl. Too bad the fp doesn't show up better. lol I can't find anything from the newspaper people. Oh well.

Update @ the Farmer's Market Sun_cy10
Gr8ful
Gr8ful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down