Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First "Event"

3 posters

Go down

First "Event" Empty First "Event"

Post by Jessiesgirl1108 Mon May 02, 2011 10:33 am

Ok, so I've been on this forum since the end of last year and I have posted a few pictures here and there. Up until now I have only really worked at birthday partys and such and unfortunately never got around to taking many pictures at the parties. Well yesterday I worked my first "Event". It was a grand opening for a gas station and me and one of my girls went to offer face painting and balloon twisting for 4 hours. It was a beautiful day and a lot of fun. I have finally noticed what you all mean about the mushy paint in the heat, as by the end of the event a few of my paints were really mushy. But over all it turned out well and I was able to take a few pictures this time! Overall I am happy with the paintings, but I always feel like I need improvement...I just can't wait to see the difference in my paintings after I attend the convention this month! So let me know what you think, and be honest...you can't be a harder critique on me then what I am on myself!

[img]First "Event" Butter10[/img]
[img]First "Event" Butter11[/img]
[img]First "Event" Cat_4310[/img]
[img]First "Event" Cookie10[/img]
[img]First "Event" Skelet10[/img]
[img]First "Event" Butter13[/img]
[img]First "Event" Spider11[/img]
I know the last little boy looks like he wasn't happy with the painting, but that was the same look he had on his face when he sat down to be painted...I think he was tired! lol
Jessiesgirl1108
Jessiesgirl1108

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-11-10

Back to top Go down

First "Event" Empty Re: First "Event"

Post by DragonFly Mon May 02, 2011 11:23 am

Oh, those are lovely! I know what you mean about mushy paints. I never painted outside of my house until this weekend, and I realized that I need to invest in some icepacks pronto!
I think you did very well! Were you situated under a canopy of some sort, or out int he sun?
DragonFly
DragonFly

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-10-21

http://dragonfly-fp.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessiesgirl1108 Mon May 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Thank you Dragonfly! Actually I was right out in the sun...even got a little sunburn! But I hear that the mushy paints happen in the heat whether you are under a tent or not...I think I will have to get some ice packs mysef!
Jessiesgirl1108
Jessiesgirl1108

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonFly Mon May 02, 2011 12:20 pm

I actually have a thread about that on the New to FP forum, lol. I had a real panic moment, when I dipped into black, and the brush just sunk in.
DragonFly
DragonFly

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-10-21

http://dragonfly-fp.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fairyfox Mon May 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Hey, they look great! How did you like painting for the public? It is a whole different ball park- Only suggestion- add a little white highlight to a few of the webs on your spidey. It is amazing how much that adds.
fairyfox
fairyfox

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2011-04-22

http://jacanaparties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down