Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

would you do this event?

5 posters

Go down

would you do this event? Empty would you do this event?

Post by smileonyu Mon May 27, 2013 10:05 pm

So there's a fireman's carnival happening nearby next month, June 25th -29th, 6pm-10pm everyday. I contacted them to see if they'd like to hire me, and they invited me to be a vendor, with a flat $225 fee for the whole week. So far all the events I've done had been paid in advance, and I'm yet to do a ppf event by myself. I'm not sure if I should do this? What do you guys think?
smileonyu
smileonyu

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-09-03

http://smileonyu.com

Back to top Go down

would you do this event? Empty Re: would you do this event?

Post by Guest Tue May 28, 2013 12:20 am

So 16 hours over 4 evenings? What is the foot traffic? Is it well attended by families? How likely to get kids 6-10 p.m.? Maybe target teens?

I don't do PPF under any circumstances myself, so I'd not bother.

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Tue May 28, 2013 5:27 pm

If you do it, keep in mind that the later hours may not be (or may be - sometimes especially early in the season, parents pay for it at anytime!) great for face painting. Most parents say, "Not now - it's going to get washed off in an hour!"

And, they're right.

Soooo ... here's a great Plan B. Also sell glitter tattoos. Parents are much more willing to pay for these after 9 p.m. And they draw in the teen crowd provided you market them well and carry teen-popular designs. Make sure you have good lighting for your display boards.

Speak with the organizers and be sure your set-up is near the carnival rides so that people see you as included in the carnival area. If you are too far away from it, you may sit and watch a parade of the backs of families and children as they head for the amusement rides.

I've had success in this setting, but it's vital to have the right location, and to offer more than face painting is a suggestion that may help.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by PrairiePainter Tue May 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Would it be out of line for her to negotiate the fee down?
PrairiePainter
PrairiePainter

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Tue May 28, 2013 9:29 pm

You can always try. Sometimes I succeed at that. You've got to very kindly and patiently explain your reasons as well as the benefit of having you there.

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGildedCat Wed May 29, 2013 2:23 am

JJJJJ wrote:Also sell glitter tattoos. Parents are much more willing to pay for these after 9 p.m. And they draw in the teen crowd provided you market them well and carry teen-popular designs. Make sure you have good lighting for your display boards.

Speak with the organizers and be sure your set-up is near the carnival rides so that people see you as included in the carnival area. .

This!
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Thu May 30, 2013 12:57 am

I think its a bit late in the day for face painting as well. Not sure it would be worth it, but who knows if there are lots and lots of people....let us know how it goes if you do it.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down