Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing only glitter tattoos

+3
Wildcatfin
Tracalla
Brandi Cameron
7 posters

Go down

Doing only glitter tattoos Empty Doing only glitter tattoos

Post by Brandi Cameron Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:56 am

I see alot of people adding glitter tattoos to their face painting but I was wondering if any of you are asked to do or advertise yourself for events where you only do glitter tattoos? Is it a popular idea or do people tend to only want glitter tattoos as an add-on to your face painting services?
Thanks so much!!
Brandi Cameron
Brandi Cameron

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Doing only glitter tattoos Empty Re: Doing only glitter tattoos

Post by Tracalla Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:11 pm

I started with only doing glitter tattoos befgore I got into doing face painting. It's a popular idea over the summer for pool parties and due to sweating. It also may depend on the age range of the kids at the event. Older kids like the glitter tattoos vs face painting.
Tracalla
Tracalla

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-06-25

http://drdrumtastickentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcatfin Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:43 am

I offer either one but not usually together. But I only do freehand and generally only for adults.

Cat x
Wildcatfin
Wildcatfin

Number of posts : 502
Location : Mainly being a fairy face painter at Bewilderwood in UK
Registration date : 2008-12-16

http://www.bodypaintingbycat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by faketoos Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:49 pm

I do glitter tattooing exclusively. You have to pick and choose your venues and events carefully, but if you do, you can be VERY busy and do really well. (I have this funny thing; if I can't make a lot of cash, I don't do it.) The trick is simply finding events with a large potential for attendance. I only do outdoor fairs and festivals in warm months, such as county fairs, city fairs, and especially our state fair. If you are also doing face painting, my suggestion would be to not make it SEEM like it's a side-line; have your display and signage give it equal billing and it will draw attention.
faketoos
faketoos

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-04-28

http://www.faketoos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:13 pm

I offer them, but it is either FP or GT, not both at an event.

They aren't well known up here, yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirandas Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:49 am

I offered both services at a fundraiser event today. I was a little scared on doing both on my own but I actually did really good. Had my table split in two, tatts set up on one side, FP on the other. Used one of those sidewalk A frame signs, placed in the middle of the tables, so each set up had their own menu board. Had chairs placed on both sides and people instantly knew where each line was and to my surprised I wasn't running back and forth. My set up definately helped me. I will be doing the same thing at a nightclub event this week.
I will definately bring another artist for larger events like fairs and festivals.

Mirandas
Mirandas

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracalla Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:28 am

I totally agree with Faketoos. Warm months definitely help. I just did a fair where my hubby did balloons and I split my time between glitter tattoos and face painting. I split my booth between the 3 and did about 40 tattoos that weekend, and face painted as well. I was so busy with that, that my hubby jumped in to help with the tattoos. I had a line for most of the day for both the face painting and the glitter tattoos.

If you know the festival well, you could probably determine how successful you will be with just the glitter tattoos. Also, it's not quite as popular as far as people doing them as face painting, so sometimes there may be an event that there is another face painter but not glitter tattoo artist so you have a leg up with that.

I just love being able to offer both, they are also great for b-day pool parties and parks with water. It's a great alternative to face painting.
Tracalla
Tracalla

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-06-25

http://drdrumtastickentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fun2Play Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:06 am

faketoos wrote:I do glitter tattooing exclusively. You have to pick and choose your venues and events carefully, but if you do, you can be VERY busy and do really well. (I have this funny thing; if I can't make a lot of cash, I don't do it.) The trick is simply finding events with a large potential for attendance. I only do outdoor fairs and festivals in warm months, such as county fairs, city fairs, and especially our state fair. If you are also doing face painting, my suggestion would be to not make it SEEM like it's a side-line; have your display and signage give it equal billing and it will draw attention.

I think you may be on to something Wink lol!
They draw in a different demographic but they attract a lot of attention and right now where I am, they are very shiny and new! Love em.... I need to perfect my system, but I think I'm on a winner too.

Fun2Play
Fun2Play

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2011-06-04

http://www.fun2play.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferella Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 am

I do only glitter tats and I am so busy I can barely keep up, which is a good thing! I just started last august so I only got into a couple of fairs, but this year I plan on hitting all kinds of fairs. I have been very busy with school carnivals and a lot of college events. The thing I hear the most is that they are so tired of only having face-painting as an option for entertainment that they are excited that I have brought something new to the area. I have put a ton of effort into it though with marketing and doing some charity events to get the word out, but Im already seeing a big return just from the events that I did last fall. I think you can be successful doing just glitter tats if you are willing to put the work into to market it correctly.

jenniferella

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down