Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting at the Farmer's Market/insurance

2 posters

Go down

Painting at the Farmer's Market/insurance Empty Painting at the Farmer's Market/insurance

Post by Pinky1249 Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:46 pm

So I was thinking that the Farmer's Market (in NC) would be a great (and cheap) place to paint...it only cost $8 for an outdoor booth rental per week. I was going to buy the Specialty Insurance Agency insurance for only $210. Not bad, huh? But wait! I see that if you rent a booth, Specialty Insurance says you need another policy for $350, which covers any accidents at the booth (if a kid falls off your director's chair, for instance). Now we're talking nearly $600 in insurance. is it worth it??? I don't know...I'm not even sure how many kids come to the Farmer's Market.
What do you all think?
Thanks!
Pinky1249
Pinky1249

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Painting at the Farmer's Market/insurance Empty Re: Painting at the Farmer's Market/insurance

Post by Perry Noia Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:51 pm

does the farmers' market have that insurance? I know the market where I work in the summer has insurance for all vendors as most of the farmers there do not have that kind of insurance for their businesses.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Painting at the Farmer's Market/insurance Empty Re: Painting at the Farmer's Market/insurance

Post by Pinky1249 Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:32 am

Hi Perry. They have insurance that covers their building, but I will be set up outside. Apparently I need insurance to cover things like if my tent blows over and cracks someone on the head, etc. I'm so bummed. I was really excited to get started. Sad
Pinky1249
Pinky1249

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:38 am

ah... that sucks. I'm surprised that your regular entertainers insurance won't cover that.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinky1249 Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:17 am

I've emailed several local insurance carriers to see if they can give me a quote on both types of insurance. Perhaps if they bundle the services, it will cost less? Thanks for your input. Smile
Pinky1249
Pinky1249

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down