Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

first (unpaid) gig today

+4
nancy!
AngieAnders
Lauri Strandell
earthorange
8 posters

Go down

first (unpaid) gig today Empty first (unpaid) gig today

Post by earthorange Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:26 pm

We were already going to attend my daughter's friend's birthday party, so I asked the mom (also a friend) if I could bring my paints for some practice. She was excited (and offered babysitting in return) and I'm happy to say it was an overall success. I kept it simple (partially because all the guests were 4 and under), and some faces turned out better than others, but I was excited to find my hand was not nearly as shaky as previous attempts at painting other people. It probably helped that it was SUCH a casual atmosphere and I knew a lot of the people. I did have one little girl who I'm not sure wanted to be painted and the dad was a bit pushy with her and finally the mom stepped in...thankfully, because she wasn't yet 2 years old! She actually slid out of the chair after I painted some simple hearts on her arm and started to walk away and he picked her up and put her back in the chair saying "It's time to get face painted." Wow.

A few moms asked if I did this professionally, and I gave them my temporary business card, and another mom who baked the cake for the party and bakes professionally, told me parents ask her frequently for face painters...so we exchanged cards. Yay!

And my 4-year-old, as expected, earned the moniker "glitter girl"—because she insisted on doing the poofing.

first (unpaid) gig today Img_4214

first (unpaid) gig today Img_4212

first (unpaid) gig today Img_4213

Last edited by earthorange on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong picture)
earthorange
earthorange

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-08-23

http://www.peoplepaint.net

Back to top Go down

first (unpaid) gig today Empty Re: first (unpaid) gig today

Post by Lauri Strandell Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:31 am

Good for you for getting your feet wet! You're designs look great. You signed up for ffp last August, so it's good for you to get your confidence up with friends, and friends kids! Now it's time to go get 'em....!

Lauri Strandell

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauri Strandell Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:46 am

My first birthday gig was also for a friend, painted about 14 kids, some were bad cause I really was working things out. I'm lucky cause I have a lot of restaurant customer kids that love face painting and I tell them that I am working on a new design, can I practice it on you?!!!

Your spidey looks great, it can't be your first one, my first was on Darren before he took his shower and he wan't happy, but I got to work it out.

Post more pictures!! And always take pic's if you can...the pics are great.

Lauri Strandell

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:36 am

Congrats on a successful party!! And I agree, your spidey looks great!
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:31 am

That's nice you had a good time and the kids too! Sounds you have more gigs coming!
nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:36 am

Great job!
Ruth
Ruth

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-11-07

http://www.wix.com/delightfulcreations/byruth

Back to top Go down

Post by AshleyMarie727 Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:34 am

Great Job! Fells good dont it! Thats what makes it all worth when the kids enjoy it.
AshleyMarie727
AshleyMarie727

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by earthorange Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:58 pm

Thanks guys...glad you liked the spidey...it wasn't my first. This one was inspired by one I saw on Daizy's site. I've done several of my own versions, the best one was probably at a christmas bazaar where I got to paint a few faces. My funniest experience was when my daughter asked for spiderman BODY PAINT(!) omg she wanted to be painted all over. We compromised on full-face and arms. We were going to a gymboree class for my younger daughter. My daughter is very social...and here she is, wearing a disney princess leotard, in full face/arms spiderman, going up to the other mothers, saying, can I touch your baby? I think some of them were a little creeped out!

I've since ditched the idea of the lines going over the chin, etc. I think it looks really messy. After all, Spiderman's mouth doesn't move!

first (unpaid) gig today Img_2811
earthorange
earthorange

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-08-23

http://www.peoplepaint.net

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:08 am

Yay! Congrats on your first gig, what a way to get practice Smile
maggie
maggie