Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand new paint brand by Tulip revealed at CHA!

+26
ktgirl
Fabtastic
tamarielpaints
polkadotmikki
Kate318
wmeventservices
kilpatrickkreativedesign
makin faces by synni
melisadill
katmandewfba
Perry Noia
Lauri Strandell
LoneWolf
Terina
FaceFormers
pjhamel
Magic
barbb919
Criss
SamFantastico
Tash
Mirandas
Psalmbook
Lady Jayde
fluttersby
Amanda
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brand new paint brand by Tulip revealed at CHA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brand new paint brand by Tulip revealed at CHA!

Post by Psalmbook Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:41 am

I still have not seen these products locally.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Brand new paint brand by Tulip revealed at CHA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brand new paint brand by Tulip revealed at CHA!

Post by makin faces by synni Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:12 am

i doubt we in south australia will even get them here. don't get any of the other real brands on the shelves though either Wink . someone will have to give the spray ago so we can all have a looksy. but doubt it will be a big hit.
makin faces by synni
makin faces by synni

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2010-03-15

http://	facebook.com/synni80

Back to top Go down

Post by kilpatrickkreativedesign Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:49 am

lol I heard that our micheals store was doing a free body painting event on saturday...what! free? hubby and i went down there, nervous and hoping it wasnt fantastic work lol it turned out to be hands only glitter tatoos, the new stuff you posted about. my son got a dice and flames tattoo on his hand and half of it was gone before bedtime so im not worried. tried the paint and not crazy about it. I'm sure it has the potential to hurt business a bit but most people who will buy it i think are those that were going to have a hard time booking us anyway.(not wanting to pay the fee) besides a kit for do-it-yourself cannot compare to those of us offering the full pkg... people arent just hiring you for skill( i hope lol) they are hiring YOU, for your personality, so take hope friends.... i think its a novelty that will wear down fast.... on the bright side, i love the stencils on their own, they are super thin and even once the takiness wears off they are much easier to use to apply to the face etc than the stencils we;ve used to date Smile just one chicks thoughts Smile
kilpatrickkreativedesign
kilpatrickkreativedesign

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-08-29

http://www.kilpatrickkreativedesign.vpweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wmeventservices Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:08 pm

My Michaels is quite a drive. Has anyone tried these? I'd love to see some results so we will all know the true quality of these paints. I don't really think the value of what we do for people is as much in the paint as it is in the hours we have invested at becoming good at using them. Snaz palettes have been at Michaels for a while and people still hire us because they have no clue how to take that little palette and make a beautiful design from it.
wmeventservices
wmeventservices

Number of posts : 2132
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.Art-Z-Faces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate318 Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Ok... I saw these paints four weeks ago at our Micheal's (we have two near us and only one is caring it as of last week). Anyway, they were on the display near the t-shirt painting stuff. Last week they moved them to a display closer to the entry way. Four weeks ago there were 3 containers of each color (they were carring) on each hook. Last week - SAME three hanging on each hook (none have sold to this point). I don't think anyone cares enough about face painting or has caught the bug to buy them. I just think theres nothing to worry about because face painting is something that either consumes you and you can't stop after trying it your first time or you makes some faces at your kids party and say to yourself "why bother next time". I think we all know where we stand here. lol! I'm at Micheal's a few times EVERY week and the TEAL was calling my name. I had it in my hand every time I went in there but never bought it. One day last week my daughter was with me (big mistake) and begged me to get the packet that contains a variety of colors. I was curious about how the metalics would look so I gave in and got it. Didn't really feel $20.00 was worth it (the containers are soooooo small). All the colors go on very well and are so vibrant but the pink, blue and purple DO STAIN the skin beware... I wouldn't put them on your face if you have somewhere important to be. The silver, gold, and metalic green are really nice and vibrant too and don't stain. I will try to put pics up. I only have snazaroo and some basic wolfe colors to compare (as I'm new to this) and I don't know how these rank up in safety but they are NOT acrylic paints. They seem to be quit safe coming from someone who has a child with every skin problem you can think of. Hope that helps.
Kate318
Kate318

Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate318 Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:25 pm

Oh ... the instructioin booklet it comes with only shows THREE designs and believe me when I say that the average Joe will have trouble creating these designs. Really you do need some talent and good brushes to get those designs to look good. I should have my husband try a design to prove that point.
Kate318
Kate318

Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by polkadotmikki Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Psalmbook wrote:I still have not seen these products locally.

Linda- the San Jose and Avenues 'Michaels' has the whole display now (tulip pots, glitter tattoos, stencils and kits)---I was at both last week. No
polkadotmikki
polkadotmikki

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2010-02-09

http://www.polkadotpartyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tamarielpaints Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:08 am

http://www.michaels.com/Tulip%C2%AE-Body-Art%E2%84%A2-Awesome-Butterfly-Tattoo/e10236,default,pd.html

http://www.michaels.com/Tulip%C2%AE-Body-Art%E2%84%A2-Swan-Imspiration/e10230,default,pd.html?start=16&cgid=projects-generalcrafts-bodyart

http://www.michaels.com/Tulip%C2%AE-Body-Art%E2%84%A2-Flutterfly/e10223,default,pd.html?start=24&cgid=projects-generalcrafts-bodyart

is on Michael's website.

I'm split 50/50. On one hand, this will hopefully prevent acrylic paints from making their way into school events. Also, if someone tries these and gets 'hooked onto facepainting' who am I to tell someone that 'No, you can't enjoy doing something that is wonderful! How dare you be creative! Why should you feel accomplished for making children happy?'

And yet, I also know that at EVERY event I have 4-5 offers from teens/parents/etc offering to help me paint. Sometimes its in order to 'speed up the line' or because they are 'excellent painters' etc. Does this mean that the phone will ring less?
tamarielpaints
tamarielpaints

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://www.tamarielpaints.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabtastic Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:21 am

Hmm, I like the fact that in the links that Tamariel posted, the time estimate they give is 60+ minutes!! Makes us loook even better when we do a design like that in 5! Very Happy
Fabtastic
Fabtastic

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.fabtastic.ca

Back to top Go down

Brand new paint brand by Tulip revealed at CHA! - Page 2 Empty Tulip paints and glitters

Post by ktgirl Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:38 am

I did pick up the glitter tattoo kit yesterday and admit it works pretty good...I was in the swimming pool for almost three hours and my tat is still on...my daughter has spent even more time and hers is still hanging on there...both have also endured two rounds of sunscreen. We are on vacation in Arizona and I did not bring my kit so I was missing my face paints so went to th Michaels in Lake Havasu city to try it out. Unfortunately, the party kit I bought was missing the fuscia, so I returned it as it had duplicate black paint pots, but all the kits had the same packaging error. So atlas, I only bought the glitter tattoos. I have a 50% off coupon today so will make a.another trip to try the paints. On another note, when I was in line paying, a gentleman who proclaimed he has worked in the children's entertainment industry for 20 years, told me that I was wasting my money buying proper face paints as he uses Prang watercolors on faces as it was non toxic...to say the least, I wasn't impressed. Blueberries and urine are non toxic...doesn't mean I am going to paint children's faces with it!
ktgirl
ktgirl

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:51 am

KT... that last line is hilarious! That is going to be my new response when someone asks me about using bad paints. Smile
Amanda
Amanda

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.elaborateeyes.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ktgirl Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Thanks Amanda...I was really biting my tongue to not to say something to him.
ktgirl
ktgirl

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by janet@ Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:01 pm

Lauri Strandell wrote:
Lady Jayde wrote:The fact that Snaz is now sold in full sized single pots in craft stores is exactly why I removed it from my working kit. The last thing I need is for a parent to recognize my paints and decide to start up their own business.

I actually remove the TAG and dfx labels from my paints because I dont want anyone seeing the brands and think "Oh I can do that!" After all the hours I've put in??? hahaha

-------------------
From the first post on this thread - Good thing or bad thing - Bad Thing Mad
I do yhe same thing i remove all the labels from my paints. I thinks its not fair that we bust our butts to look for the things and learn so that they can just come and have it that easy.

janet@

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by janet@ Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:09 pm

I posted this about the paints and the glitter tattoos 2 weeks ago and some one bought the paints and post pictures of them on the forum said the black and white work well but the rest of the colors stain. So she returned them. You can look at the pictures on the "Wow Glitter tattoes" under general on the forum, im new at this so thats how i can tell u how to see them. Oh and the glitter tattoos they work great. I bought them and even used them on some gigs everyone loves them an they last a long time. I got them at Michael's..

janet@

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:37 pm

I want to see pictures of those models on the Michael's site ... AFTER they washed the paint off...
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:13 pm

ktgirl wrote:Blueberries and urine are non toxic...doesn't mean I am going to paint children's faces with it!

OMG That's awesome!!!! I love it! LOL I almost fell outta my chair reading that........so wanna use it
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by WickedBA Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:41 pm

I saw this post and I went to Michaels and tried it. I tried both a glitter tattoo kit and now 2 paint colors. I normally use pretty much all DFX and love it. I sometimes come home and fall asleep with my paint on and never have any staining ( excluding the back of my calf and only the black stains after i sleep with it) I tried the tulip red first and actually really liked the consistency and the coverage. I wiped it off after only a minuet and already had a bad stain. A few days later I tried the Blue and same thing. I like the coverage but if it stained me and my un-stainable skin I know it would be bad on some kids.

Glitter tattoos. The stencils are nice. They dont rip as easily as other I have seen and can be reused about 3 times before there adhesive started to wear. The first one I did with the basic kit and glitter and it actually lasted, on me as well as my daughter , for about 4 day. Still looked good and complete at that point. It started to wear at the 5th shower and didnt look "bad" till day 7. The next tat I did with the neon giltter and it seems to be more grainy that glitter. it only lasted 2 days looking good ( 1 shower) and by day 4 looked like a big mess. The neon glitter just seemed weird. Other wise I actually like the tattoos.
WickedBA
WickedBA

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2010-10-21

http://WickedBodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:47 pm

OK, I found the Tulip Display at Michaels.... I did not buy anything. Did any of you see the colors separating, beading, dripping... inside the pots? It looked kind of messy & unprofessional. I'm wondering if it was just the batch at my store or if it looks like this everywhere?
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:09 am

The ones at my michaels wasn't like that, but who know how long they have been at each store, they may be the next time I go...Ewww
eva
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:31 am

Well, that's what I was wondering. This is a new product. I've seen that happen w/ my Kryolan, but it sat in my closet for over a year when I quit painting to take care of my dad. I pulled it out & almost tossed it. I'm sure the paint is still good. It's probably just the glycerin separating, but to happen 1st thing... it's just cheap looking.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:54 am

I think that those who are worried about it for biz can relax! Henna kits are now mass produced and sold at borders, michaels, and just about everywhere else and they are almost always full of preservatives, they smell bad and they are usually crud. People say "HEY! I'll do them myself!" and very quickly learn that it's not as easy as the artist made it look or that the pix on the package are not anything like the final result they got! It then resides in a drawer or the garbage can and then they go to someone to get it done. It has never hurt my business that others try the artform, so I'm thinking that easier access to materials, even good materials, does not make them a face painter. We can rest easy!!
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2