Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

drying paint and paint choice for beginner

+2
Perry Noia
shimmer20
6 posters

Go down

drying paint and paint choice for beginner Empty drying paint and paint choice for beginner

Post by shimmer20 Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:11 pm

So I am still in the beginning stages of face painting. I went to Michaels and purchased an small snazaroo kit with about 7 basic colors. I have some plastic brushes from walmart that I got in a pack. So I painted my little brothers in which I did a basketball a soccer ball with fire a cupcake and a butterfly.

I noticed that the paint was not quite dry before I started the detail work like the lines for the basketball and the soccer ball. I though I didnt put too much water on the brush. So what to do? And I dont like the consistency of the snazaroo paint. It seems a bit chalky. Are there any suggestions on what to do to be sure my designs dry and is there a better paint to use that isnt too expensive to practice on.

THanks
shimmer20
shimmer20

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

drying paint and paint choice for beginner Empty Re: drying paint and paint choice for beginner

Post by Perry Noia Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:19 pm

this probably isn't the best section of the forum for this question, but I'm sure one of the moderators can move it to the beginners area.

snazaroo is actually a wonderful paint for beginners because it is inexpensive and easy to work with. You want to use a lot of water with Snazaroo and you'll need to let it soak into it a little before you just jump into painting something. Wait until it gets a little bit gooey. Be sure you are using good artist brushes (taklon or golden taklon are good to start with). You don't need to wait for everything to dry completely before going on to details, but you don't want it so wet that the colours smear as soon as you touch it either. If it is not drying within a minute or so, then you are probably putting it on too thick and it will not look nice when it has dried.

I hope this helps a little. I should probably do a little youtube video about working with snazaroo at some point.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

drying paint and paint choice for beginner Empty Re: drying paint and paint choice for beginner

Post by shimmer20 Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:22 pm

Hey Perry

Thanks for the tip. I would love to see a video some day.
shimmer20
shimmer20

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by totorocks Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:31 am

Good morning ...I have only been face painting for about 2 weeks now, and I also, tried the quick snazaroo kit bought from Michaels. It worked great before I received my TAG paints. I am still purchasing more paints as I progress. And the same goes for the paintbrushes. Bought a inexpensive set first off,..then bought 5 newer ones to try out, the Loew Cornell black handled ones. They seem to be more comfortable for me, so far. My sister,..BARBB (Tappy) referred them to me.
Have a great day everyone... I love you
totorocks
totorocks

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-02-03

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=767068254

Back to top Go down

Post by missashly Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:28 am

I have used wolfe paint since I started face painting a few months ago. I just used the michael's snazaroo paints to try and they were terrible! I had the same problem with it not drying. I have not had that problem with my wolfe paints. you can buy one color or another of different brands until you find the one you like. You may like specific colors from different brands.
missashly
missashly

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-02-05

http://www.AshlySellersEntertainment.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:33 am

welcome to the both of you!
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Geekophile Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:45 am

Check in the forum shop. Metina has small pallettes in all the major brands. I started out with a Paradise 8 color pallette that can be bought for just $25. And trust me, that little pallette will paint a lot of faces! I think that Paradise is a good middle ground between Snaz and the other brands, as it has properties of both.

Geekophile
Geekophile

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://sophiessmileyfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down