Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best choice ?

3 posters

Go down

best choice ?  Empty best choice ?

Post by Marie-F Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:11 am

Bonjour,
Maybee can you help me with your experience.
I don't test every products: I used Leichner (very old),Grimas (buy in Belgium), Snazaroo and Make Up For Ever. I look what the americans take and see often Paradise...but i don't find this in my country.
And you: do you know this names and test the waters(wet?)colors: M.A.C from Canada (chromacakes, 12 colors) apparatly, it's a great name and use by Cirque du soleil, Kryolan (aquacolors) from Germany and Tableau vivant from Paris.
Some products are more dry like Snaz and some are more soft like Make Up For Ever.
I'll go to Paris to see some of them but I like to have some differents ideas before, and then I can write mine here.
Thank's
Marie-F from France
Marie-F
Marie-F

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-08-17

Back to top Go down

best choice ?  Empty Re: best choice ?

Post by Noella Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:55 am

I have one of the MAC Chromacakes - I've used it at least once for a base - I'll have to hunt it out of wherever I stashed it and use it up at some point. It's a "pro" product - only available at a Pro store or online from the pro site last I looked. I've seen it smashed up and put in a palette, and it's a rather large cake of paint. I don't personally prefer it (chacun son goût).... if you pick one up to try? pick a color (like white) you would use for many things, bases and lines, and that you can see if you like the coverage and how it works for you.

I have a Kryolan palette - it's softer, and I use it for bases more than lines. Definitely something I carry though even though the palette weights a kilogram.

Paradise is part of Mehron (http://www.mehron.com/) - I know they are available in Europe - I'm just not sure where. Their Starblend, Liquid makeup and Paradise (the paint cakes) lines are all worth testing - I use the liquid makeup for airbrush all the time.
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:23 am

I know I could get Paradise, DFX and Snaz easily in England. Then a lot of folks used Grimas.

I do ship internationally if you want to try some Paradise. You just place the ordered and pay, then I email you the cost for shipping and insurance. If you are ok with the price, you pay for this, if not, I happily refund the money.

Let me know if I can help!

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie-F Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:34 am

Hello Médina,
Thank's, It's very kind of you ! I think I can have good products in France but not always the same and it's difficult to compare. I think that shipping international is very high and some charges can be add (tax) in surprise.
Maybe I'll try for some items if I don't find that I want in my country...
However, I'm very happy to be on your forum and meet everyone who love fave painting ! Thank's a lot !!!
Best regards
Marie-F
Marie-F
Marie-F

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down