Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I the only one in love with Glittermark?

+10
ChangingFaceDesigns
Clayton
maggie
Michelle Heffner
Psalmbook
Magic
Mirandas
AngieAnders
Sam I Am
pixieface
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Am I the only one in love with Glittermark? Empty Am I the only one in love with Glittermark?

Post by pixieface Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:17 pm

Okay, I have to post this because I am a newbie - and I think every newbie could use this in their kit. Does anyone else love this stuff?

I have more colors on order, but originally before my first event, I had purchased Glittermark gold - a gel glitter, and it just saved the day for me. And since, I swear, as I've been practicing with it - I simply wouldn't kick it out for eating crackers in bed.

Before it's over I'll have every color....

I love it as a liner, directly from the bottle, and also with a brush to add glitter over wider areas. I can control precisely where i want it and I don't end up as they say, looking like a fairy exploded. It just makes my designs pop and it covers the goofs (as a newbie my lining is still atrocious).

It just gives that awesome bling factor without making such a mess...so, am I the only one swooning like "I can't believe it's not butter????"

pixieface
pixieface

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one in love with Glittermark? Empty Re: Am I the only one in love with Glittermark?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:36 pm

I like "Liquid Bling" myself - but that is the brand I have and use. I also have some in another brand called "Glitzer" that I haven't tried yet. But same idea - apparently Glitzer dries quicker, so I've been told.

And they are great for outlining, accents, details...

But I'm a hoarder so only use them for my Winter season gigs - Christmas NEED the glitter gels, the rest of the year they get dry glitter! Wink

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one in love with Glittermark? Empty Re: Am I the only one in love with Glittermark?

Post by pixieface Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Shannon! I miss your fairy godmother! Funny to think that fluffy Fangs is not so warm and fuzzy ;-P

The drying time is a factor I didn't think to mention. And it's something that should be considered, especially for little kids or down and dirty PPF - honestly I'm worried deep down it is a cop out - can you believe that I'm defeated by poof glitter???

I expect as i become more practiced I can rely on them less - when my designs become more artistic. But for now, wow.
pixieface
pixieface

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam I Am Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:06 pm

The drying time is a factor I didn't think to mention. And it's something that should be considered, especially for little kids or down and dirty PPF - honestly I'm worried deep down it is a cop out - can you believe that I'm defeated by poof glitter???

My first gig, the poof glitter went everywhere, it looked like an angry horde of fairy's had a massive argument all over me.
Sam I Am
Sam I Am

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-10-02

http://www.butterflysanddragons.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pixieface Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Sam I Am wrote:My first gig, the poof glitter went everywhere, it looked like an angry horde of fairy's had a massive argument all over me.

lol!

That stuff is dangerous - there should be license or something you have to take a test for! GRIN!
pixieface
pixieface

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:51 pm

LOL... what bottles are you using for poof glitter? I buy from Kim Hatch, whose bottles don't come with a hole in them so that you can size the hole yourself. It needs to be REALLY small, like a needle, so it doesn't pour out.

I love glitter gels (liquid bling, I think mine is called), but hardly ever use it due to the drying factor. Looks fabulous though!
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pixieface Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:58 pm

i just got them from here - I cut a teeny hole, clog, a little larger, still clog, a bit larger, still clogging....then next snip - oops - now I get a fountain - grin! You should see where I practice - the desk and corner and my linens and everything will never ever be glitter free again I am sure!
pixieface
pixieface

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirandas Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:55 am

Uffff! I went all crazy and bought all kinds of colors and brands..think they will be up on the swap shop cuz I dont think I will use them. They look so pretty couldnt resist! lol!
Mirandas
Mirandas

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:01 am

I used tons of liquid bling New Years eve using up what I have - I have to say I love Marks glitter too. I only buy gold and silver.
Magic
Magic

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-10-01

http://www.makingfacesparties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:17 am

I love my glitter gel, but always forget to use it.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by pixieface Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:43 am

I realized that if I get the colors - then I can paint the glitter over the paint without worrying about it smearing so it works like glitter (it does dry faster that way). Unfortunately I am on a budget - every couple of weeks I get to pull out some to buy just a few more things. I will say - I did make a "final" kit list so I hope to have everything I need to feel complete by the end of February. Everything else has to wait until I get some paying gigs!

Just ordered the red and white. Those will come in handy for Valentines - I've been dreaming heart designs - grin.

Now - what I don't like is the glitter in my water cup - I will probably keep separate brushes and a cup for that. Maybe even dump it separately (I use Shannon's idea of dumping all the water and sponges into a plastic carton to take home - she's right keeps my sponges stain free - I was so impressed).

To keep them handy I've found one of those plastic egg inserts that go on a fridge shelf - half rounds? I think a deviled egg platter would work too. They don't seem to dry up too fast. I like outlining too straight from the bottle - but still not too adept at it.
pixieface
pixieface

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:03 am

I don't use Poofer bottles - it hurts. I just use small jars and eyeshadow applicators to dip in and then tap the glitter where I want it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:12 am

I'm a poofer. lol
Magic
Magic

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2008-10-01

http://www.makingfacesparties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pixieface Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:17 am

Shannon - when you say tap - you have them look up and then tap the applicator like you might a mineral powder make up brush before using? Or are you actually tapping the applicator onto the face?
pixieface
pixieface

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Heffner Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:00 pm

I wanted so badly to like mine but regardless of what mark tells me, my gold is always clogged.

I don't use them except for adults w/o bangs or lots of front layers in their hair.

~Heff
Michelle Heffner
Michelle Heffner

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-09-05

http://brightandshining.com/face_painting_blog

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:25 pm

Angie, I had to google what glittermark was LOlL I have never seen it, I got snazaroo gel with my walk around pallet and I never used it, it was so messy.

This looks so cool, I wonder how many dots does it take to get to the end lol!
maggie
maggie

Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2010-11-27

http://www.maggieplummerfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pixieface Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Michelle - are you saying you use it on hair?
pixieface
pixieface

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:43 pm

pixieface wrote:Shannon - when you say tap - you have them look up and then tap the applicator like you might a mineral powder make up brush before using? Or are you actually tapping the applicator onto the face?

I have the 1 ounce jars with the loose glitter and leave a small eyeshadow applicator in each jar (of the four colours I carry!) and when I want to apply it I tell the person ro tilt back and close their eyes, I don't TOUCH them with the applicator, just tap my finger on the handle to knock the glitter off where I want it. Generally it is a sprinkle but it can be pretty accurate too if you get close to where you want it before tapping.

If I want to put glitter on damp paint I will use a q-tip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayton Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:55 pm

I have both glitter mark and liquid bling... I like the bling because of the tips. I have a hard time doing anything with glitter mark because it's just too close to the skin I guess... I can't seem to get it to make balls... only cones. I do like the colors though; just not enough to transfer them to empty bottles with the metal tips.
Clayton
Clayton

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2010-02-16

http://www.marvelousmasks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pixieface Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:59 am

Going to have to try some metal cone tip bottles - thanks Clayton - hadn't thought of that. I'm mostly using them though to add a wash of glitter to an area since I'm so clumsy still with the glitter.

I need to get out and get some applicators (been so snowed in the last week) to try Shannon's method. When I use the end of the paint brush I get big squares and of course still get glitter on everything else. And Metina sent me a sample of blue fairy dust in my last order so I HAVE to learn how to use glitter now!
pixieface
pixieface

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:12 am

The glittermarks for me have been hit and miss. I have 6 colors....and wouldn't venture to buy more. Some flow out nicely as others don't more like gurgle and spurt, if coming out at all. I prefer the Li uid Bling in silver and gold.
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pixieface Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:24 am

Thank you!!! I thought maybe I was crazy that now that I have some other colors I am finding the same thing - some are smoother than others AND I swear some dry faster than others.
pixieface
pixieface

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:20 pm

I use the metal tips on my Liquid bling... love the control.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:58 am

Me too Shannon.......my LB has not let me down once
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Letmepaintyou Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:55 pm

I have gold and silver...love my gold, but it dries slow. The silver is horrid..it pours out. I'm so dissapointed! I want more colors but am afaid to waste my money and have it turn out like the silver..I'm on such a budget!
Letmepaintyou
Letmepaintyou

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2011-04-08

http://shannonpencils.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next