Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Face Painting require a vendor's license?

+2
IamGinaW
FunFacesbyLori
6 posters

Go down

Does Face Painting require a vendor's license? Empty Does Face Painting require a vendor's license?

Post by FunFacesbyLori Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:49 pm

I live in NE Ohio and have a LLC company and a vendor's license. Recently I heard that face painting does not require a vendor's license because there is no product - it is a service we are selling. I have a tax ID # and am told to pay taxes twice a year. Does having a vendor's license impact paying taxes twice a year? How do you work it - for those of you here in the states - do you pay taxes twice a year? Or just once a year?
FunFacesbyLori
FunFacesbyLori

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-09-29

http://www.funfacesbylori.com

Back to top Go down

Does Face Painting require a vendor's license? Empty Re: Does Face Painting require a vendor's license?

Post by IamGinaW Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:55 pm

It shouldn't require a Seller's Permit (a.k.a. Reseller Certificate) because you are not dealing with sales tax, but I think it depends on the city where you are working if a business license is required.
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Number of posts : 1626
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://facesbygina.com

Back to top Go down

Does Face Painting require a vendor's license? Empty Re: Does Face Painting require a vendor's license?

Post by Psalmbook Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:27 pm

This is info you need to go to your local city hall & an accountant for. It can very depending on your city/town, etc. I would have to pay for a vendor's licence to set up on a street corner & stat face painting($15,000 hefty fine if I did it illegally). But, I can work a festival without the licence.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Yep yep, it depends on the city you live in and the venue you are working. Some festivals here require a vendor's license for painters. Others don't. I am not subject to sales tax here in Texas, because I am selling a non-tangible product (service). Some services ARE taxed, so you have to do some digging to make sure face painting is on the list of non-taxed services.

I'm a sole proprietor so I file my business taxes annually along with my personal taxes.
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FunFacesbyLori Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Thank you, ladies for your insightful posts. I did check with my state tax department, and for Ohio, Face Painting is not on the list of services requiring a vendor's license. I think because I did so many festivals this year that I assumed it was requried just from talking with other vendors. Now I know where I really stand, thanks for your suggestions!
FunFacesbyLori
FunFacesbyLori

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-09-29

http://www.funfacesbylori.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:29 am

I just relocated to Connecticut. Apparently you only need a vendor license and insurance. To get the license, you have to pay 5 bucks for a picture of the land plot you intend to offer your painting. It's 50 for the license, but you're covered all year to paint parades, after church, boring Saturday's.worth it to me.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Aja M. Brown Tue May 23, 2017 1:16 pm

thank you thank you thank you. this is what i needed to know
Aja M. Brown
Aja M. Brown

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down