Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding face painting to my services...do need a new license/insurance?

2 posters

Go down

Adding face painting to my services...do need a new license/insurance? Empty Adding face painting to my services...do need a new license/insurance?

Post by imanartiste Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi everyone! I run a business from home doing animation, illustration and graphic design (Laci Morgan Creations). I also do odd jobs now and then like teaching art classes or wall murals. I have a business license through my city for my business, and a "Home Occupation Permit" that states that I have a home office. Clients never come there, though...most work is digital or I travel there. I operate as a sole proprietorship.

I've done face painting before for a few local events and friends/family parties and have done makeup for theater productions. I keep having people tell me I ought to advertise face painting as one of my services through my business. I was just asked by a friend to face paint at an event he's putting on, and will be paid for it. The organizers would like me to have personal liability insurance, however. I hadn't planned on getting it, but I'm realizing that if I continue to do this it might be a good idea...the potential for advertisement and referrals at this event is huge.

My question is, do you think I can just simply add on face painting and have it fall under my existing business license, since it's a creative business? Or will it require a whole separate one? And as far as insurance goes, I've heard that KK or Specialty is probably sufficient. Will that cover things like birthday parties AND setting up a small booth at a farmers market or craft fair, etc, or do they each require a different one?

Thanks in advance!
imanartiste
imanartiste

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-06-13

http://www.lacimorgancreations.com/services/face-painting

Back to top Go down

Adding face painting to my services...do need a new license/insurance? Empty Re: Adding face painting to my services...do need a new license/insurance?

Post by Sweet Loretta Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:22 am

When you reapply fro your license you should/need to add face painting on as something you do. If you are using a different business name you need to file a DBA make your current business the legal licensed one and have the new face painting name be a DBA of that.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down