Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vehicle as a tax write off?

2 posters

Go down

vehicle as a tax write off? Empty vehicle as a tax write off?

Post by OC FUN Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 pm

We are buying a vehicle that will be used mostly for the buisness. Someone told us that to have it as a tax write off, we have to Register it under the buisness name, is this correct?
OC FUN
OC FUN

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.ocfunrentals.com

Back to top Go down

vehicle as a tax write off? Empty Re: vehicle as a tax write off?

Post by Perry Noia Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:36 pm

I don't know exactly how it works in the US, but I'm pretty sure that a lease is easier and cheaper in the long run if it's for business.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:26 am

I changed my insurance to "business use" which is WAY cheaper for me than "personal use" AND I changed the registration to "business use" as well... that cost a bit more as they go by gross vehicle weight (a RAV4 is the lowest end of the scale!)

I log my business use, keep mileage records and take odometer readings on Jan 1st. Then my accountant managed to do something with that so that I end up with a very large tax refund!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down