Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Gig Eeeek! Need help quick!

2 posters

Go down

First Gig Eeeek!  Need help quick! Empty First Gig Eeeek! Need help quick!

Post by rpattyn Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Ok so I am doing my first gig ever and its at a halloween social. I have no idea what to all bring whether or not I should have a menu board and if so what I should put on it...... Its not for little kids. I'm getting really nervous, what have I gotten myself into?????

Do any of you have some must have items? Or great oranizational skills for my table?

Seriously. Neutral
Help any advice would be greatly appriciated.

rpattyn

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-10

Back to top Go down

First Gig Eeeek!  Need help quick! Empty Re: First Gig Eeeek! Need help quick!

Post by Tash Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:31 pm

If it's adults I wouldn't bother with a board - they usually have an idea of what they want.
I'm a bit confused with the term Halloween social..... will they be dressed up in costume - are you painting them to go with their costumes? or just decorating them with body art? or both?
If you are there with your paints and maybe some pics of vampires and zombies - you should be fine.
After they have a few drinks in them it won't matter what you are painting anyway- they will love it.
Take lots of white black, red, grey and orange.... and have a great time!
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rpattyn Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:44 pm

Thanks for the advice Tash. I think that's what I am afraid of.....I need some really good and quick zombie and vampire designs that I totally don't suck at. The pail blending of colors does not come so natural to me. I guess I need to learn and QUICK!!!

rpattyn

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Plenty of vids on YouTube! If your blending isn't quite upto par yet try using silver as your base. It makes them look drained and it's very forgiving on the blending side of things. Concentrate on bone structure - shading around natural bone structure works really well with all scary things , and maybe learn how to make the eyes look evil. Then when in doubt cover with blood drips and splatter ( using the back of a card).
Those four things will get you through. Good luck, and post your learning efforts for us too see and we can help.
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down