Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balloon Twisting Training in Wash. DC Metro?

3 posters

Go down

Balloon Twisting Training in Wash. DC Metro? Empty Balloon Twisting Training in Wash. DC Metro?

Post by Metina Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:07 pm

Looking to add this to my offerings. Anyone know of any?

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Balloon Twisting Training in Wash. DC Metro? Empty Animal Ballons

Post by Lina Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:57 am

Hello Metina,

I also added this to my repetoire. It is not difficult, takes practice and very little time. I went on line and looked at many videos through you tube and practice. I can make the dog, cat, giraffe, dinosaur and hat. I stopped practising but I believe it is like riding a bike. I also bought a book and studied that.

I hope this helps. I can get back into the swing of doing them and I can show you what I know. Articles that I read when I started doing them simply stated that people just started doing them on their own and got really good. Now I know that some people do flowers and other really neat stuff, but for starters I think I did pretty good.

Lina

Lina

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Balloon Twisting Training in Wash. DC Metro? Empty Re: Balloon Twisting Training in Wash. DC Metro?

Post by Rickiddie Rick Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Hay Lina,, I agree... once you have played with a balloon and learned the basic twists the door is open. There are plenty of books and DVD's out there from some of the top twisters ready to help the beginner become professional in no time. Guess the same is true of facepainting... well, in my case I am a slow learner or is it I get distracted along the way. But I still twist balloons, if only to entertain myself and other Senior Citizens that can not move their wheel chairs fast enough to get out of my way... HHmmm,,, I wonder if I can use my face paints on them to... Wow...new Idea...Ah,, Wheelchair Face Painter sign on one side... and balloon bag on the other. Watch out for the old kid out West... Rickiddie Rick and he is smiling...

Rickiddie Rick

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Balloon Twisting Training in Wash. DC Metro? Empty Re: Balloon Twisting Training in Wash. DC Metro?

Post by Metina Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:48 pm

Does anyone know of a site selling a beginner kit with a pump and some basic supplies. I sure know my kids would love it if I started practicing this!

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickiddie Rick Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:56 pm

Metina, There are several places to look. I started out with T. Myers Magic an would recommend them for a new person to also start. He has a catalog that is worth every cent to buy it to refer to at your home... Of course he gives you the price back in your first sale if I remember right. Go to www.tmyers.com and look at his on line catalog. I am sure you will find what you are looking. They have many current training DVD's and many choices of pumps and balloon kits. I would suggest the DVD Twistiing With Sam's DVD.. a real bargin for what he teaches a new person. You get to watch him twist just like you will be looking at it as you twist along with him... I think the price is under $35... The price of a hand pump and a bag of 250 Carniival Assortment.. should be around $50 delivered to your door.
Your can also look on Balloon Headquarters and MBD2 on the WWW world for additional informatiion shared by other professional and starter twilsters with instructions and etc. Of couse they to would like you to join their forums.
Hope this helps you a little. Rikiddie Rick..

Rickiddie Rick

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:10 pm

I picked up a pump in the birthday section of a dept store (Zellers - think it was about $3-4) and got a bag of 260's from a party supplier. That's all you need to get started - that and some instructions!!

I gave up on balloons. I found it was too much of a strain on my hands... and I wasn't interested enough to practise. I learned a couple really cool designs from a twister that stopped in at our Fringe Festival one year - a guitar that is SOOOO easy and can actually be played!! It's the only one that I can do that impresses anyone - but since I no longer have any balloons it is now history! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:23 pm

Thanks for the resources. I'll have to check them out.
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down