Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which balloons to buy for balloon twisting?

2 posters

Go down

Which balloons to buy for balloon twisting? Empty Which balloons to buy for balloon twisting?

Post by Saskia D Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:59 am

Hi there,

I am buying balloons for a school summer fair, one of the mums has been practising some basics with the very cheapest and they seem ok. Is there any disadvantages in using cheap balloons over better quality ones? What do people normally charge for a basic balloon model at an event like this? We were thinking of doing it for free, would this cause chaos? What are the really skinny ones used for?

I have no experience with balloons as yet so any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,
Saskia Very Happy
Saskia D
Saskia D

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-04-13

Back to top Go down

Which balloons to buy for balloon twisting? Empty Re: Which balloons to buy for balloon twisting?

Post by JENDZS Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:13 am

My husband and I are balloon twisters - we use mainly Qualatex balloons, mainly the 260s, but we have done some experimenting with the 160s (the really skinny ones) I used them over Christmas to do the beard on a Santa hat. Normally I don't use them much, if at all. Cheap balloons will break more easily, in my experience, esp. if you are either working in heat or cold. More breakage = more product used = higher cost to you.
As far as doing it for free...typically I am against that, simply because what you are doing has value...and if you don't put a value on it, others won't either. I hate to do PPB (Pay per balloon) and would much rather be paid by the hour. Right now we are averaging $100 per hour for our balloon services. You could always put out a tip jar and figure if you get a dollar or two per balloon, your expenses will be paid and then some.

Hope that helps!
JENDZS
JENDZS

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-11-15

http://www.facepaintingbyjen.com

Back to top Go down

Which balloons to buy for balloon twisting? Empty Re: Which balloons to buy for balloon twisting?

Post by Saskia D Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:36 pm

That's awesome. Thanks.
Saskia D
Saskia D

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down