Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Paints, Cream Paints, or Liquid?

+3
JBax
Psalmbook
amberabdul
7 posters

Go down

Which Type of Face Paint Do you Prefer to Work With?

Water Paints, Cream Paints, or Liquid? I_vote_lcap100%Water Paints, Cream Paints, or Liquid? I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 15 ]
Water Paints, Cream Paints, or Liquid? I_vote_lcap0%Water Paints, Cream Paints, or Liquid? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Water Paints, Cream Paints, or Liquid? I_vote_lcap0%Water Paints, Cream Paints, or Liquid? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

Water Paints, Cream Paints, or Liquid? Empty Water Paints, Cream Paints, or Liquid?

Post by amberabdul Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to face painting and I'm not sure which kind to purchase. I plan to purchase Grimas pure, but not sure yet. Anyway, which type of face paint works best for you? Very Happy

Thank you!

amberabdul

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Water Paints, Cream Paints, or Liquid? Empty Re: Water Paints, Cream Paints, or Liquid?

Post by Psalmbook Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:23 pm

I'm completely off the poll here. I love to use Starblend powders as the base & then use a cake(water activated) to do my line work. This works especially well since I'm in FL & it is easier to use in the hot summers & doesn't melt off:-)
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Water Paints, Cream Paints, or Liquid? Empty Re: Water Paints, Cream Paints, or Liquid?

Post by JBax Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:12 pm

By "water" do you mean cake-based that is activated by water?

Not all brands behave the same, so there a little bit more to it than the form it comes in, but I like Snaz for base and DFX for line work. I've used a liquid for body work when I had a lot of surface area to cover, but I ended up mixing it with my DFX.
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amberabdul Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Yep by water paints I mean water activated paints. I'm thinking of getting grimas.

amberabdul

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:18 pm

IMO Grimas Pure is not worth it. I like Grimas, particularly the Pearls but the PURE line is pretty weak. I've tried white and black in the Grimas Pure and they were the worst of all the brands I had for trying to get an even base or for line work.

But generally Grimas is a good brand with great colours.

As for ease of transporting kit and for working with water activated cakes are the best.

Liquids have their uses and I have favourites, but they spill, get contaminated much easier and tend to go "off" more quickly that cakes or creams.

Creams are great, but, dry out if you don't keep the lid on while working, and they don't fit with the way I work so I don't use them except for special projects like body painting sessions and one-of jobs. I don't use them for face painting on a gig.

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:15 am

I use all waterbased facepaint..I started with grimas...it's easy available over here....but now I have diamond FX, eulenspiegel (which has about the same quality), partyXplosion (same as FX) and superstar...they have much stronger colours than grimas
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita's Faces Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:36 am

I used Grimas and don't like it at all.
My daughter says that it feels a bit burning on her face.
Not on her arm of body but especially her face.
I've also used it on my own (face)skin and i admit it burns.
Now i use the same brands as michellesfantasyfaces use.
We are both from The Netherlands.
Anita's Faces
Anita's Faces

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2010-02-13

http://www.anitasfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:08 am

Grimas burns?? Okay... I'll have to paint my whole face to try that out.

I don't have a lot of it, just select colours and rainbow cakes from FacepaintUK... but no one (me included) has ever said anything about it being irritating.

I did a play where I used Grimas Pearl Silver as a base on about a dozen actors and no one ever said anything...

I don't generally use it as a base when face painting as the majority of my kit is Snaz and Kryolan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita's Faces Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Shannon Fennell wrote:Grimas burns?? Okay... I'll have to paint my whole face to try that out.

I don't have a lot of it, just select colours and rainbow cakes from FacepaintUK... but no one (me included) has ever said anything about it being irritating.

I did a play where I used Grimas Pearl Silver as a base on about a dozen actors and no one ever said anything...

I don't generally use it as a base when face painting as the majority of my kit is Snaz and Kryolan.

Especially around her eyes.
And not te pure or the pearl colors but the basic colors.
Anita's Faces
Anita's Faces

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2010-02-13

http://www.anitasfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by BluAngL83 Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:43 pm

Snazarro was the first kit I ever bought and besides a few colors, its what I will most likely buy again. It was easy to use/activate but get the black and white are usually mostly used for the base and (most people) use black and white from Wolfe or Paradise (I use wolfe).
BluAngL83
BluAngL83

Number of posts : 851
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.heavenlyfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Psalmbook wrote:I'm completely off the poll here. I love to use Starblend powders as the base & then use a cake(water activated) to do my line work. This works especially well since I'm in FL & it is easier to use in the hot summers & doesn't melt off:-)

I'm with you Psalmbook, I love to use Starblend powders as a base..I have an assortment of colors..It lasts so much longer..and it doesn't smudge or smear like the water activated FP..I use it especially on the little toddlers...I used my starblends this weekend where it was very hot and humid, but my full faces looked great..The parents loved it..It's really easy to apply...The only problem with the starblends is that its harder to wash off..Dang..I wish I took some photo's that I could share.
reneec808
reneec808

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:51 pm

I'm with you Psalmbook, I love to use Starblend powders as a base..I have an assortment of colors..It lasts so much longer..and it doesn't smudge or smear like the water activated FP..I use it especially on the little toddlers...I used my starblends this weekend where it was very hot and humid, but my full faces looked great..The parents loved it..It's really easy to apply...The only problem with the starblends is that its harder to wash off..Dang..I wish I took some photo's that I could share.[/quote]

Try baby shampoo. It's great for removing face paint & won't burn the eyes.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by reneec808 Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Thanks Psalmbook, I'll try it and inform the parents too...
reneec808
reneec808

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down